UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted on 6/16, verified on 6/22, and I just got an email last night that my application is complete and is being submitted for review. Almost a month of processing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, any updates from anyone? My status has been stuck at "received/ application complete" for quite some time now.

Hello, any updates from anyone? My status has been stuck at "received/ application complete" for quite some time now.
My status changed to “Under Review” on 7/15! I got the application complete notification on 7/10 after submitting on 6/19.

Reactions: 1 user
My status was "received/under review" for about a week but I checked it just now and it's reverted to "received/application complete" ... Has this happened to anyone else?

My status was "received/under review" for about a week but I checked it just now and it's reverted to "received/application complete" ... Has this happened to anyone else?
Yeah that is how mine went, it's still at complete right now too

Does anyone know when UCSF will be sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know when UCSF will be sending out interview invites?
When I attended some webinars last month, they said they would not start reviewing apps until mid-August and interviews will not be held until September because of COVID. So I'm assuming they just started reviewing them now.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone applying to the combined Ph.D./DDS degree at UCSF or any other school?

Invited for interview! OOS, submitted 6/16. Does anyone know how many are invited to interview? Can't seem to find any info on it anywhere...

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is really quiet compared to previous years... :wideyed:

Anyone who's lurking, on the sign-up sheet they sent out for this first wave, interview dates are from 10/5 to 10/20. I believe they are going to send out more waves of interviews because on the DentStay application form, the possible interview dates to choose from go all the way until January.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
just got an interview invite on the 16th of sept but since my email icloud space was full I just received a resent interview invite today, sept 22

Good luck everyone!!

I got an interview and I'm just wondering how they're going to interview 20 ppl in 4 hrs. Is it a group interview?

just got an interview invite on the 16th of sept but since my email icloud space was full I just received a resent interview invite today, sept 22

Good luck everyone!!

When did you submit/were verified?

I got an interview and I'm just wondering how they're going to interview 20 ppl in 4 hrs. Is it a group interview?
No it's one-on-one. Most likely they will do breakout rooms and interview 10-20 people at the same time in different breakout rooms.

who else is nervous about the interview?? UCSF is my dream school but I'm so scared I'm gonna get waitlisted or rejected since they interview roughly 300 but their class size is around 88

does anyone know how many acceptances UCSF offers? Out of the ~300 interviews, I've been told ~150 but that seems a bit high? (lol if u cant tell I don't want to get my hopes up about getting accepted)

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to UCSF SOD admission data from the past several cycles (most recent is the class of 2018): Institutional Data | School of Dentistry

They offer spots to roughly 150 people and of those 85-90 students enroll. The school probably staggers out the acceptances to not overfill the class. For example, they could offer acceptances in 3 batches to 50 people, and of those, roughly 30 will actually enroll at the school from each batch.

Did anyone receive the confirmation email after they signed up for a slot? I only received the confirmation email from the signup website, not from UCSF directly.

Did anyone receive the confirmation email after they signed up for a slot? I only received the confirmation email from the signup website, not from UCSF directly.
On the info session last night they said an email with links/info will come out by tomorrow.

On the info session last night they said an email with links/info will come out by tomorrow.
hey you mind telling me any important info about interview logistics and the like? I kind of have exams so couldnt attend and got an interview, so dont wanna mess it up. Thanks.

hey you mind telling me any important info about interview logistics and the like? I kind of have exams so couldnt attend and got an interview, so dont wanna mess it up. Thanks.
They recorded the vid and I'm guessing it will be posted/sent out soon. We had to sign a student agreement to not share any specific details about the interview-- sorry. Especially since this video link was only sent out to interviewees, I don't feel comfortable sharing.

They recorded the vid and I'm guessing it will be posted/sent out soon. We had to sign a student agreement to not share any specific details about the interview-- sorry. Especially since this video link was only sent out to interviewees, I don't feel comfortable sharing.
Oh no totally understandable. My interview is late Oct so ill try to join the next one. I was scared the interview was next week but i have time. Can you point me to the link or page where these go live? Im having a hard time finding info.

Also after doing some detective work, Out of the 200 interview spots already available, There are 2 more pre december dates left (in November around another 40 students) and then 4 post december Interview Dates.

Got an interview invite today as well! 3.3 sGPA, 22 AA & TS. Submitted late July, verified early August. Good luck everyone!

Got an interview invite today as well! 3.3 sGPA, 22 AA & TS. Submitted late July, verified early August. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! I have basically the same stats so your post gives me some hope but I applied early June (verified mid-late July) so maybe not haha

Oh no totally understandable. My interview is late Oct so ill try to join the next one. I was scared the interview was next week but i have time. Can you point me to the link or page where these go live? Im having a hard time finding info.
I'm guessing they'll send the link out to interviewees, otherwise I'll keep an eye out. The admissions office does have a youtube channel, but I think all of the videos are private so we can't see them if we don't have the link.

Interview #2
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/30/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 8/5
GPA (overall, science): 3.49, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/23/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/27, 10/28
Method of Interview: Virtual

Does anyone know if they've sent out any rejections?

Rejected :/ good luck everyone!

• Sad
Rejected. OOS, 3.7 cGPA / 3.6 sGPA, 22 DAT. Good Luck Everyone!

• Sad
Right there with you guys, OOS rejected (sad lol) with a 4.0 s/cGPA, 22AA/24TS/25PAT

• Sad
Rejected with a 26AA and 3.6cGPA (OOS) as well unfortunately

• Sad
Rejected with a 3.75 GPA and a 23 DAT (OOS)... definitely feels bad because this was one of my top choices, but based on the stats of other rejected students it seems like they are giving OOS kids a hard time.

• Sad
Just got my rejection too. I’m in state with 3.9 gpa and 24 DAT. Submitted my application early June. Sigh, I was really looking forward to UCSF.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to hear guys :( you are all so qualified and another dental school will be so lucky to have you! I'm wondering if you guys were offered an interview? Or was it a rejection w/o interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear guys :( you are all so qualified and another dental school will be so lucky to have you! I'm wondering if you guys were offered an interview? Or was it a rejection w/o interview?
I was rejected without an interview and I think that’s true for most of us

Rejected with 3.5 gpa and 24/24 TS/AA, OOS. Ugh At least we can all commiserate

Did anyone who got rejected submit August or after?

Rejected today! Somewhat surprised and certainly disappointed.

Out-of-state with a 28 DAT and 3.98/3.98 GPA. Thought it would be good enough for an interview at least! Oh well. Good luck, everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected.... OOS, 3.86/3.74 gpa/sgpa, 26 AA, 22 TS. No interview :/ (Note: 20 shadowing hours, wish I had more)