UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Rejected with 3.2 GPA and 25AA OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected yesterday, not even mad because my stats were not great and I'm OOS- but thought everyone should know!

Reactions: 1 user
Are the rejection notices sent out by email ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School: UCSF
Notification date: 10/13/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/2020
Application complete date: 8/11/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.39, 3.15
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 25/26/23/25/20
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/12/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/13/2020
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/6/2020
Application complete date: 8/11/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.39, 3.15
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 25/26/23/25/20
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/12/2020
I didn't check in the evening, and until midnight when there was no slot for Pre-December interview :))

I didn't check in the evening, and until midnight when there was no slot for Pre-December interview :))

Wow yea I was driving when I got the email and 5 minutes later when I went to sign up for a date, 10 slots had been taken!

do u guys think they take into consideration your GPA post-interview? or are they basing admission solely based on the interview? thanks in advance!

do u guys think they take into consideration your GPA post-interview? or are they basing admission solely based on the interview? thanks in advance!

Did you get an interview? If so, they sent a link to a video of their Interview Webinar where they mention this. I don't want to say exactly what they said since they made us sign an agreement to not talk about interview information. But it's in that video.

Did you get an interview? If so, they sent a link to a video of their Interview Webinar where they mention this. I don't want to say exactly what they said since they made us sign an agreement to not talk about interview information. But it's in that video.
thanks! i will have to rewatch the video : )

thanks! i will have to rewatch the video : )

My friend who's going there now mentioned that as long as you don't have any significant dips in your performance and pass your classes/finish your degree, there should be no issue. You don't have to finish with a 4.0 but getting a C- in a major requirement like Ochem after your acceptance may raise some questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend who's going there now mentioned that as long as you don't have any significant dips in your performance and pass your classes/finish your degree, there should be no issue. You don't have to finish with a 4.0 but getting a C- in a major requirement like Ochem after your acceptance may raise some questions.
thanks! I appreciate your insight : )

I was also rejected without an interview... 3.9 GPA 22AA

Does choosing to do/not to do dentstay have an impact on admissions decisions?

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/30/2020
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/2020
Application complete date: 8/5/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.87, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 22/21/23/24/21
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/11/2020

hey, what's the latest day for pre-December date available??? does anyone know?

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/30/2020
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25/2020
Application complete date: 8/5/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.87, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR): 22/21/23/24/21
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/11/2020
Hey would you mind sharing what was your AADSAS application status? Was it “ under review” or “application complete”? I submitted my application awhile and was still at Under Review. For other schools I got “application complete”. I did not get any email from ucsf regarding application completeness or anything.

Hey would you mind sharing what was your AADSAS application status? Was it “ under review” or “application complete”? I submitted my application awhile and was still at Under Review. For other schools I got “application complete”. I did not get any email from ucsf regarding application completeness or anything.
Not OP, but I remember my application was initially “application complete” before changing to “under review.” It’s still currently “under review.”

I'm not OP either but I got an email from UCSF letting me know my application was complete, about a week after I submitted. It was "under review" before saying "invited for interview."

Not OP, but I remember my application was initially “application complete” before changing to “under review.” It’s still currently “under review.”
Thanks for the update. Did you get an email saying your application was completed for UCSF?

I think it said under review

We were sent a link to sign up for interviews and we can see how many slots are filled per date and everything is filled.
are they sending out invitations recently? would you mind letting me know the date that you got the invite? thank you!!

are they sending out invitations recently? would you mind letting me know the date that you got the invite? thank you!!

I received my invite last month. Any invites you get from this point on would be for post-Dec dates

Reactions: 1 users
I received my invite last month. Any invites you get from this point on would be for post-Dec dates
thank you for the information! I am praying to every god that they would offer me an interview but so far nothing has happened :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if UCSF accepts unofficial DAT scores??
Theyll wait until your official scores come in

They said this year they will make an exception. They will start reviewing the application with the unofficial score, instead of waiting for the official one. But of course later on they will check to make sure the scores are the same.

Reactions: 1 users
They said this year they will make an exception. They will start reviewing the application with the unofficial score, instead of waiting for the official one. But of course later on they will check to make sure the scores are the same.

They periodically check back on your application for new information. In my case, in between the two times they checked, i had taken my DAT, uploaded my unofficial and then my official got approved before they checked the second time. So while they may be taking unofficial, it might just be that your official scores will be in by then (my official score came in pretty early too. Got approved in like a week rather than the 2 weeks they say).

received my first rejection

Application completed on October 1st
GPA: 3.7 sGPA 3.71
DAT 20 AA and 23 TS (nothing under 17)
5 years of leadership experience/ Biochemistry research lab
first-generation college student
400 hrs of community service Volunteering
~80 hours of shadowing + 200 hr of working Dental Assistant.

Omg your stats is awesome. What are they looking for @@. Thank you for sharing and I am sure you will get in other schools :).

• Care
Does anyone know if joining DentStay program is strongly recommended before having an interview? I am a little confused if that program is mostly(or only) for students from underrepresented/ disadvantaged backgrounds.

Does anyone know if joining DentStay program is strongly recommended before having an interview? I am a little confused if that program is mostly(or only) for students from underrepresented/ disadvantaged backgrounds.

Its not necessary at all but it does help to talk to UCSF students, ask any questions you have about the interview and really helps with controlling nerves. atleast for me.

Did anyone else's status on aadsas change from "invited for interview" to "under review" AFTER interviewing with them? this makes me super nervous...

Did anyone else's status on aadsas change from "invited for interview" to "under review" AFTER interviewing with them? this makes me super nervous...
Yes, mine changed to this too

Yea mine says that too! It looks like every school handles the post-interview status differently :)

Are you an in state or OOS student?

Did they start sending post-decision interviews? Good luck to everyone who interviewed there!

Did they start sending post-decision interviews? Good luck to everyone who interviewed there!
Nope, I think they’re waiting to send out more interviews until after the 15th when acceptances are released