UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone interviewed hasnt heard back yet?!

Members don't see this ad.

They rejected people but haven’t accepted anyone as of yet. Do you think they will send more acceptances next week or month. Do you guys think they want to see who actually wanna go there (by accepting the waitlist spot) then send acceptances so they don’t have to go through sending acceptance and people turning down the offer and stuff

They have accepted people. A friend of a batchmate got an acceptance today.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just tryin to be realistic, but with the recent cut in class size, I honestly think there will be slow movement from here on out. 100 students interviewed in Jan and approx 100 people were placed on the waitlist, which also includes those who interviewed before Jan

Don't most schools offer more acceptances than seats thinking that half will go to other schools? There's a possibility more students chose to attend this year

Either way, good luck to everybody!

Just tryin to be realistic, but with the recent cut in class size, I honestly think there will be slow movement from here on out. 100 students interviewed in Jan and approx 100 people were placed on the waitlist, which also includes those who interviewed before Jan

Don't most schools offer more acceptances than seats thinking that half will go to other schools? There's a possibility more students chose to attend this year

Either way, good luck to everybody!
I totally agree with you. There will be no movement in the waiting-list. The class reduction was a game changer. 🥺

do u guys think a delayed submission of parents' tax info could have a negative impact on admission decision?

do u guys think a delayed submission of parents' tax info could have a negative impact on admission decision?
I highly doubt it. The tax information is for financial aid purposes, which is for your own benefit

Reactions: 1 user
The class reduction killed all of us😭 We should have been informed before applying.

The class reduction killed all of us😭 We should have been informed before applying.
Would you be saying that if you were accepted on dec 15? lol you might get in, who knows, its better than being flat out rejected...

Members don't see this ad :)
I dropped my seat a few days ago. Good luck everyone

I think if the class was full they’d have sent us an update or something.

I think if the class was full they’d have sent us an update or something.
The FB group has 160+ people and the class is only 60. I know that students from other classes like to join other class groups but 100+ extra students for such a small class size seems a lot. I think the class is full, if not really close to being filled.

The FB group has 160+ people and the class is only 60. I know that students from other classes like to join other class groups but 100+ extra students for such a small class size seems a lot. I think the class is full, if not really close to being filled.
Yet there’s still a hope.

I am hopeful, but you also have to be realistic. Maybe we will hear something sometime this coming week.

Please stop spreading negativity.

TBH asking for sources, trying to figure out who dropped, or when acceptances happened, etc, is pointless. Whether the class is full or not, it's out of our hands. Most of us got accepted at other great schools so try not to put so much worry into UCSF. See y'all in four years Doc.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received any update from UCSF recently?!

Any updates?
Nope, it’s been a close to a week since they declared the class is full. I think it’s time to consider other acceptances. Because dental schools were notified March 5th of applicants holding more than one seat. Which allows schools to give students a notice to make a final decision. So after that, they sent the email the seats are full, meaning students have made decisions and committed to UCSF, filling up their class.

Update! Five new student were invited from waitlist. There is hope! Don't lose hope.

Last edited:
For those who got off the wait-list, when is your deposit due?

Last edited:
for those students holding multiple offers (including UCSF), when is the UCSF's deadline to make a final decision? if you don't mind sharing : D