Buffalo Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official Buffalo Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: SUNY - University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me! I’m an incoming d1

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me! I’m an incoming d1
I just recently retook the DAT and got a 15 on the reading section but a 20AA & 21TS . Do you think they’ll penalize me especially since the minimum is 16 for reading. I’ve taken the dat exam before this one and got a 18 on reading.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just recently retook the DAT and got a 15 on the reading section but a 20AA & 21TS . Do you think they’ll penalize me especially since the minimum is 16 for reading. I’ve taken the dat exam before this one and got a 18 on reading.
I’ve actually seen posts about people getting into buff with a 16. Multiple even. Still worth a shot.

I’m not entirely sure if they’re one of those schools that enforce score minimums. There is a chance that they might sort you out of the applicant pile since they only consider your most recent score, but if it’s your state school, you might still want to apply

Hey, I'm working on a predent subreddit /r/predent (please subscribe!) and have been working on the minimum requirements for schools. I recall that UBs website stated that the minimum is 16 in all sections, but 15 in all previous takes. I am pretty sure UB has a hard filter on these things, so you might have to retake the DAT. That said, getting a 15 this try then getting all 16's would qualify you to not be filtered out.

Last edited:
I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school evaluations didn't register to AADSAS yet so they are not posted but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?

I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school didnt send my evaluations yet so they are not posted on AADSAS but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?
I would just wait. That letter basically just means they got your application and are just waiting until they get your evaluations to start reviewing your application.

I got an email from UBuffalo saying my application is incomplete. I am not worried since my school evaluations didn't register to AADSAS yet so they are not posted but should I reply to the email or contact Buffalo admissions to let them know? Or just leave it and wait a week until my evaluations are posted?
Also, they will know once AADSAS receives your evaluations and marks your application as complete.

Someone on the DAT bootcamp page stated they received a rejection letter from Buffalo. Interview invites coming soon??
The Facebook group? I didn’t see anything in regards to that.

He had good stats and extracurriculars, don’t know what happened. Anybody heard from them yet? Waiting for Monday again!

Members don't see this ad :)
He had good stats and extracurriculars, don’t know what happened. Anybody heard from them yet? Waiting for Monday again!
I don’t think they sent out interviews yet. I called last week and they hadn’t sent them out as of then. Prob this upcoming week or the next.

• Wow
I don’t think they sent out interviews yet. I called last week and they hadn’t sent them out as of then. Prob this upcoming week or the next.
Last year UB sent out interviews 8/23. Since most deadlines were bumped back 2 weeks this year, I expect this to also be true of interview invites.

Source: 2019-2020 Schools Interview Invites List

That’s what I thought but I called them and they said end of August seems likely

I just called on Friday (8/28) and they said that they are still 2 weeks out on sending out the first round of interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
any updates from anyone?

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS but I called a few weeks ago and they told me that the interview invites were about two weeks out...which means that hopefully it should be any day now!

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS but I called a few weeks ago and they told me that the interview invites were about two weeks out...which means that hopefully it should be any day now!
They'll likely be sent out right before the weekend. I'm OOS, submitted my app on 08/06 and informed on 08/10 that it's complete and under review

Last edited by a moderator:
I have talked to the director of student affairs today, and he said they will send out interviews at the end of this month, they are looking at IDP first, and the interviews will be virtual.

Reactions: 2 users
I have talked to the director of student affairs today, and he said they will send out interviews at the end of this month, they are looking at IDP first, and the interviews will be virtual.

What is IDP?

I've been having trouble connecting with them via email. Do they usually reply slowly to emails?

I've been having trouble connecting with them via email. Do they usually reply slowly to emails?

I emailed earlier this week and they got back to me in about 2 business days! Mine was a very simple request though so idk if that has something to do with it

Reactions: 1 users
Too bad no one from the school is not on this forum. I think that would be helpful in keeping people informed.

Keep patience, I am sure the invites will be out by the end of this month. They are planning to have the first round of interviews in October.

I had a chance to talk with one of their students, and that’s what the student heard from the school.

Congratulations! Which date are you picking? I have also received one!

do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? I applied as well and haven't heard back from them for an interview yet :(
I submitted my app on 6/16. Keep your head up, there is still so much time left for this cycle!

• Care
was there only one wave of interview invites? hoping for more soon..

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else heard anything from them? I've only heard of one interview send out so far

Reactions: 3 users