LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it's that time again! To everyone applying to LECOM, good luck and I'll see you guys on the interview trail!

LECOM begins interviewing in July and conducts most of their interviews from September through January with smaller waves from January through March and sometimes April

Acceptances typically go out beginning on December first with additional large rounds early January and Early February followed by smaller rounds end of February through May with possibility of acceptance until school has begun. Those that interview after January usually hear back within a few weeks if they have been accepted. Alternate list begins shortly after December 1st, many people (including myself) have been accepted off the alternate list.

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

Things to note about LECOM:
LECOM uses the graded system for didactics (A-F, 75% to pass with a C) and is no longer P/F
LECOM teaches its students about how to use cad cam
LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton (Florida) and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs (Florida) or Erie (Pennsylvania)-Your choice
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012 which a new building and facilities that are top notch. LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is typically around 105
LECOM COA is estimated at 380k which is quite a bit less than the average private dental school
LECOM is located in Bradenton, Florida which is on the East coast near Tampa/sarasota

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

ADEX First Time Pass rate for 2020: 94% (well above the national average)

Previous Year's Thread:
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
2017 - *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D3 AMA
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
when do interview invitations start getting sent out?
For the past couple of cycles, it looks like invites start to go out around the end of July.

P.S. I see that you're pre-med. Just a heads up, this is the dental school thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When am I supposed to hear back from Lecom? This is giving me anxiety Submitted 06/25

When am I supposed to hear back from Lecom? This is giving me anxiety Submitted 06/25

That's a very relative and subjective question to ask. No one on here will ever be able to tell you when you're supposed to hear back. It all depends on a bunch of factors, most importantly your individual application and how you compare to other students.

The post directly above yours says interviews usually start going out towards the end of July, but with COVID-19, I'm not not sure if things will be on the same time line as previous years. Interviews will probably be limited to Zoom meetings.

Last edited:
Submitted 6/17 and haven't heard back. I do not have my DAT yet though. Delayed due to COVID-19
I got an email from admissions saying that my file is on hold until my DAT scores are sent (my test was delayed as well).

I got an email from admissions saying that my file is on hold until my DAT scores are sent (my test was delayed as well).
When did you submit if you don't mind sharing? I do have my DAT scores :(

I received the same email saying that my app is on hold since I do not have my DAT score yet.
Did you guys already pay supplemental fees? or does school send an email to start a supplemental application once my application is completed with my missing DAT score?

I just received an interview invite for LECOM!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 7/20/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.72, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/6/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date: 7/20/2020
Residency: New York
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 7/2
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.19, 2.6
Post-Bacc GPA (overall, science): 3.88, 3.88
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/6/2020

Was the email from LECOM admissions or a more personal email? I got a random text message from an email around the time everyone was posting theirs and I just want to make sure mine didn't get messed up. It contained like a link but i could view it.
The email was from the Office of Student Affairs and provided a scheduling link. I would contact them to double check your status.

Does anyone know if the online interviews going to be in groups or individuals?

Congrats to those of you who received an invite! Hopefully those of us who haven't received one just yet will be in the same boat soon.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any information about how these interviews will be conducted since they are virtual? Will they still be group interviews?
How is everyone preparing?

I also received an interview to LECOM July 20th. I’ve chosen 8/6 as my virtual interview date. I’ve heard that typically the interview is group format with general questions. How is everyone preparing?

OOS application submitted June 16th
AA and TS 20+
GPA and sGPA 3.8+

Got my invite to interview earlier today. The earliest available interview date was September 17, so I guess their interview slots are filling up really fast because I see some people have interviews in early August.

Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 7/28/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 7/16/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Interview date: 9/3/20
Method of interview: Online

*Is this only for Dental and LECOM-B or can I ask as a DO applicant to LECOM - E?*

Anyways, how exactly does the online interview work? What do they ask?

Mine still says "Received/waiting for additional information" on the AADSAS, but I got a confirmation email from the school and paid my supplemental fee through the LECOM Portal as well... On the Portal it says " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin...." For those who got their interview invite, did your status on the Portal changed to something else before you got the invite?

Last edited:
I have the same message on the LECOM portal (AADSAS was verified 7/7 and I paid their supplemental on 7/14) but my AADSAS status still says none

Mine still says "Received/waiting for additional information" on the AADSAS, but I got a confirmation email from the school and paid my supplemental fee through the LECOM Portal as well... On the Portal it says " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin...." For those who got their interview invite, did your status on the Portal changed to something else before you got the invite?

For the interview what emails are you using for Zoom? The basic Zoom plan which is free only lets you be in meetings for 40 mins.

For the interview what emails are you using for Zoom? The basic Zoom plan which is free only lets you be in meetings for 40 mins.

I did not realize this. Is there an upgrade to purchase?

Edit* Are you sure this is for the attendees or just the meeting host?

*Is this only for Dental and LECOM-B or can I ask as a DO applicant to LECOM - E?*

Anyways, how exactly does the online interview work? What do they ask?

This thread is only for the LECOM dental school (DMD) in Bradenton, FL.

I did not realize this. Is there an upgrade to purchase?

Edit* Are you sure this is for the attendees or just the meeting host?

LECOM will probably host and send out the Zoom links to whatever email you have on file.

Generally, interviews run from 8am-2:30, but with them transitioning to online this year, it makes no sense to keep changing Zoom rooms every 40 minutes. Also, I have no idea when or how long interviews will be this year.

I haven’t taken my DAT yet but am scheduled to next week. My application is on hold until they receive my scores. Is there a way to fill out the supplemental application & pay the fee before they get my scores? I can log onto the LECOM portal but I dont see where to fill out the supplemental app & havent received an email on how to do it either. Can I not do it until my scores are in? Please help haha

I haven’t taken my DAT yet but am scheduled to next week. My application is on hold until they receive my scores. Is there a way to fill out the supplemental application & pay the fee before they get my scores? I can log onto the LECOM portal but I dont see where to fill out the supplemental app & havent received an email on how to do it either. Can I not do it until my scores are in? Please help haha
You’d have to contact the school and ask

LECOM will probably host and send out the Zoom links to whatever email you have on file.

Generally, interviews run from 8am-2:30, but with them transitioning to online this year, it makes no sense to keep changing Zoom rooms every 40 minutes. Also, I have no idea when or how long interviews will be this year.

I talked to my university’s IT and they said the 40 mins limit is only if the host has the free basic plan for Zoom. I would assume LECOM has a paid plan with no limit so it will not matter what email we use to sign in.

I talked to my university’s IT and they said the 40 mins limit is only if the host has the free basic plan for Zoom. I would assume LECOM has a paid plan with no limit so it will not matter what email we use to sign in.

Correct, LECOM has a paid plan of some sort that does not have a time limit for Zoom meetings.

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/03/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.75, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/24/2020

Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 8/3/2020
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/16/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/23/none
Interview date: 9/24/20
Method of interview: Online

Anyone here interviewing 8/6 this Thursday?

How is everyone preparing? I read on last year’s forum there are about 6 people in the group interview which is an hour long. That leaves 10 minutes per person. Realistically 5 questions per person with 2 minutes of talking time. Why LECOM and why dentistry are likely to be two of the 5 questions with at least 1 of the remaining 3 being controversial to see how you handle conflicting viewpoints in a group dynamic.

This is just my guess, but it would be nice to check with someone that interviewed there.

How is everyone preparing? I read on last year’s forum there are about 6 people in the group interview which is an hour long. That leaves 10 minutes per person. Realistically 5 questions per person with 2 minutes of talking time. Why LECOM and why dentistry are likely to be two of the 5 questions with at least 1 of the remaining 3 being controversial to see how you handle conflicting viewpoints in a group dynamic.

This is just my guess, but it would be nice to check with someone that interviewed there.

Unless they switch it up this year it isn’t one by one, so it varies on the number of questions depending on how long each one takes everyone to answer, but everyone answers every question in random order (of whoever would like to answer) and then you move to the next. They also tell you to feel free to interact with each other too. The questions are as you said more straight forward ones and a couple that make you think and/or may gauge your personality too. Don’t worry though nothing too scary, I felt the interview was pretty laid back! Make sure you also know about PBL and be able to explain how you feel you will excel at it. Don’t feel like you have to be super unique or way different from everyone in all of your answers. It is ok to either agree or disagree with another’s answer, but most importantly be yourself! The goal of the entire group interview is to see how you interact in a group, so don’t be shy to give your response while also interacting with others. We haven’t heard the exact way they’re handling things at LECOM this year minus the fact that it will still be a group interview (last year is was 6 applicants to 2 interviewees). I wish I had more but we are in strange times right now for sure! Feel free to ask me anymore questions (I am a D1).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

I am a re-applicant, and I interviewed at LECOM last cycle (put on the alternate list but that didn't work out this year lol). Anyway, my impression of their interview was very relaxed. I'm not sure if it was just that everyone in my group were great people, but we all had more than enough time to answer every question. We all took turns answering first. The questions weren't difficult per se, but for the questions that I needed a minute to think of an answer, other group members answered before me giving me time to form my answer. The interviewers aren't timing every question, so if you spend more time discussing a topic with your group, then you might just not get as many questions. I prepared by practicing with the questions listed on the interview prep page here on SDN.

Does anyone know the virtual interview schedule or at least how long it approximately takes? I need to know if I should take the whole day off work or just the morning.

The interview starts at 8:00am Eastern time and ends at 1:30pm Eastern time.

Wow, so we should expect to be on a Zoom call for five and a half hours? Is that mostly presentation time?
I’m going to say yes considering that last year was 8-2:30, and it was mostly presentations!

I’m going to say yes considering that last year was 8-2:30, and it was mostly presentations!
Ok that’s not bad then haha, I just hope my eyes aren’t glazed over by the time they start asking us questions!

Does anyone know the virtual interview schedule or at least how long it approximately takes? I need to know if I should take the whole day off work or just the morning.

They sent me an agenda. 8 to 12:30PM with the group interview in the middle of the day. 15 min break before and after the group interview. They have some presentations and a virtual tour planned along with Q and A. 7 days before the interview they send out a Zoom link with an agenda and other information