LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview #1
School
: LECOM
Notification date: 8/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: 10/22/20
Method of interview: Online

Members don't see this ad.

I know the people during the QA session give their emails to you guys, but if you are uncomfortable going through school emails and have questions feel free to reach out to any of us current students on here.

Reactions: 1 users
I know the people during the QA session give their emails to you guys, but if you are uncomfortable going through school emails and have questions feel free to reach out to any of us current students on here.
Is there anything we should specifically mention in our thank you emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anything we should specifically mention in our thank you emails?
For the interviewer ones, not really. If something notable came up about them during the interview then sure mention it. I think mine were pretty standard and short.

For the letter of intent though, if they still make you do it, that's where I'd go into details. Mention the schools mission statement and show how it aligns with your views. Also if you have some type of experience with PBL or self-teaching yourself it might not hurt to mention it. Mine was like a full page single spaced, but I do know people that got accepted that either didn't write one or just wrote a simple letter of interest.

For the interviewer ones, not really. If something notable came up about them during the interview then sure mention it. I think mine were pretty standard and short.

For the letter of intent though, if they still make you do it, that's where I'd go into details. Mention the schools mission statement and show how it aligns with your views. Also if you have some type of experience with PBL or self-teaching yourself it might not hurt to mention it. Mine was like a full page single spaced, but I do know people that got accepted that either didn't write one or just wrote a simple letter of interest.
Do you know the best email to send it to? I was so nervous, i forgot to write it down.

Im a bit embarassed to post here as I am not as far along as you guys, but I did an EAP interview with Lecom on 9/18 and submitted my video 9/22. Any one have an idea of how long they take to give an answer?and if they either respond through email or update the portal paid or sent a paper letter? I've seen mixed responses. Thank you ahead of time for any info!

Is it normal for your status to go from "invited to interview" to received/under review" following your interview?

Is it normal for your status to go from "invited to interview" to received/under review" following your interview?
I think so, I wouldn’t pay much attention to the portal tbh I have an interview where it still says “under review” for that school so some may not be super diligent about updating it :)

Yeah that's normal. It might also switch to "none" at some point. Like gator said, most schools don't even bother to accurately update that thing.

Yeah that's normal. It might also switch to "none" at some point. Like gator said, most schools don't even bother to accurately update that thing.
Thank you! Do you know how many interview invites they give out each year for the 100 seats?

Thank you! Do you know how many interview invites they give out each year for the 100 seats?
They showed us a chart at the interview showing they give out about 500 interviews for 100 seats, but I imagine they have an extremely low yield so you can easily count on a 50% hit rate for pre-December interviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
They showed us a chart at the interview showing they give out about 500 interviews for 100 seats, but I imagine they have an extremely low yield so you can easily count on a 50% hit rate for pre-December interviews I would imagine.
So they are relatively selective about offering interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
So they are relatively selective about offering interviews?
In any given cycle numbers can change but the general consensus is that LECOM receives about 3300+ applications a year, conducts about 550 interviews (looks like it’s 500 this year according to others), and accepts 105 students. This does not mean that only 105 offers are given. More will be given considering that not everyone will choose to matriculate into LECOM. As far as an exact percentage, any number given is conjecture because no one really knows what will happen. Just know that even getting an interview among that many applicants is an amazing accomplishment! The wait will be over before you know it, and keep in mind if Dec 15th isn’t your day that LECOM has a decent amount of waitlist movement! I have many classmates who got in off of the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
In any given cycle numbers can change but the general consensus is that LECOM receives about 3300+ applications a year, conducts about 550 interviews (looks like it’s 500 this year according to others), and accepts 105 students. This does not mean that only 105 offers are given. More will be given considering that not everyone will choose to matriculate into LECOM. As far as an exact percentage, any number given is conjecture because no one really knows what will happen. Just know that even getting an interview among that many applicants is an amazing accomplishment! The wait will be over before you know it, and keep in mind if Dec 15th isn’t your day that LECOM has a decent amount of waitlist movement! I have many classmates who got in off of the waitlist.
So many. Lol. We even have one that got off the waitlist the week of orientation.

Reactions: 2 users
So many. Lol. We even have one that got off the waitlist the week of orientation.
^Can confirm this happened with my class too, 2022.

tl;dr as long as you get that interview, you stand a chance

They mentioned it, but I'm just not sure if its encouraged or mandatory.
Letter of intent used to be highly suggested, aka mandatory basically. There are people that get in that don't write one though, but your chances will be far better if you do.

Intent or interest?
Intent is what they told us to send. It was the last thing they talked about on the interview day. I did send an intent one because I liked the school, but some that got in did send interests instead and a couple didn't send anything. I don't thinks it's a huge factor in your acceptance but it definitely doesn't hurt.

So, I interviewed in August. Will it look bad to send a letter of interest now in October?

So, I interviewed in August. Will it look bad to send a letter of interest now in October?
You literally applied for their dental school, how much more interest do you want to show before them even giving decisions out? You send a letter of interest after you get the results in December.....just calm down and wait

You literally applied for their dental school, how much more interest do you want to show before them even giving decisions out? You send a letter of interest after you get the results in December.....just calm down and wait
It’s actually a good thing to send a letter of interest to LECOM before December. They encourage it and want applicants to show interest. No need to wait if you would like to attend here.

@Ms.Molar It won’t look bad to send it at any time, so feel free to show interest! It will be added to your file whether you sent it within a few days of your interview or now.

I sent my thank you letters to the general LECOM email last Saturday so she can forward them to the interviewers, but never got any acknowledgment. Should I follow up or is it assumed she forwarded them already?

I sent my thank you letters to the general LECOM email last Saturday so she can forward them to the interviewers, but never got any acknowledgment. Should I follow up or is it assumed she forwarded them already?
Assume they have it. I never got a follow-up email either.

So, how do you know it was sent?
Assume that if your email said sent, it was received. Most schools don’t respond to thank you emails because they have a lot coming in and a lot to do. The two schools that I was accepted to last cycle were actually the ones who didn’t respond back to my thank you emails. You’re more than welcome to email them to confirm but to be honest it’s just going to flood their inbox even more than it already is, so I’m not sure I would advise that.

Not getting a response is very normal, especially with Lecom since there's only like one person handling everything.

It’s actually a good thing to send a letter of interest to LECOM before December. They encourage it and want applicants to show interest. No need to wait if you would like to attend here.

@Ms.Molar It won’t look bad to send it at any time, so feel free to show interest! It will be added to your file whether you sent it within a few days of your interview or now.

Thank you for your response! This is what I was thinking about LECOM. Good to know!

Letter of intent used to be highly suggested, aka mandatory basically. There are people that get in that don't write one though, but your chances will be far better if you do.

I didn't write one and I still got in during the December round so I don't think it plays a major role in their decision.

Hey everyone, so my application status has said "Under Review" on LECOM's portal, despite me never having paid the supplemental. Is this normal? or should I have been enabled to pay the supplemental fee? My dat scores were verified back in late August so I am honestly just very confused with the supplemental.....any help would be appreciated.

Has lecom finished it’s pre December interviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Most people I know that got into lecom ended up declining and going elsewhere. Wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah. Most people I know that got into lecom ended up declining and going elsewhere. Wouldn't worry about it.
Some friends say they’d only accept this school if no others accepted them. Which has happened to a few, but oh well.

How expensive is it?
Definitely one of the better priced schools, which is why it’s actually one of my top choices. If you have some help from family with food and rent it’s very possible to graduate even now with less than $300k in debt

Definitely one of the better priced schools, which is why it’s actually one of my top choices. If you have some help from family with food and rent it’s very possible to graduate even now with less than $300k in debt
Why are people talking about the cost if it’s so much less then other private programs?? Lol 300k (even 400k) sounds good to me after looking at the majority of programs.. especially when I don’t have a state school

Why are people talking about the cost if it’s so much less then other private programs?? Lol 300k (even 400k) sounds good to me after looking at the majority of programs.. especially when I don’t have a state school
I mean it’s expensive regardless, but if anyone is genuinely comparing the COA of LECOM to say, NYU or USC they probably didn’t do enough research. I’m quite sure the tuition numbers for some private schools are quite literally double that of LECOM’s numbers.

I mean it’s expensive regardless, but if anyone is genuinely comparing the COA of LECOM to say, NYU or USC they probably didn’t do enough research. I’m quite sure the tuition numbers for some private schools are quite literally double that of LECOM’s numbers.
I still hvnt heard back which they were a school I actually thought I would

Out of curiosity, what happens if 300 acceptances get sent out initially for a class of 105, and 150 people (unlikely, but this is hypothetical) accept their admission to fill the class? Does the school have to take all 150 because they were accepted or do they say too bad and cut out random people?

Out of curiosity, what happens if 300 acceptances get sent out initially for a class of 105, and 150 people (unlikely, but this is hypothetical) accept their admission to fill the class? Does the school have to take all 150 because they were accepted or do they say too bad and cut out random people?

I don’t think they would ever send out more acceptances than the number of seats they have. It’s more like they send out more acceptances as the cycle continues, rolling admissions.

Did anyone receive a response after sending a post-interview letter of intent? I just wanted confirmation that it was received by chandler but I don’t want to reach out if it’s normal to not get acknowledgment after that. I feel like she’s usually great about responding so I just wanted to make sure.

It's normal to get no response.

Reactions: 2 users