LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

How was the interview for those who had it yesterday. Anything we need to know ?

Members don't see this ad.

How was the interview for those who had it yesterday. Anything we need to know ?
Hey! The interview was super chill and it was in group format so nothing changed from the previous years. I used the SDN questions to prepare and there was nothing out of the blue so just be yourself! You got this!

Reactions: 5 users
Does LECOM send out interview invites in bursts or just continually? Seems like no one has received any since the initial couple..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! The interview was super chill and it was in group format so nothing changed from the previous years. I used the SDN questions to prepare and there was nothing out of the blue so just be yourself! You got this!
Where can I find the SDN questions.

I second this! It was really relaxed and straightforward.

Reactions: 1 user
@ smiles246 and spiffytooth - It's weird we were of the 18 people on that interview but are anonymous here lol, see y'all at Nova 9/2?

@ smiles246 and spiffytooth - It's weird we were of the 18 people on that interview but are anonymous here lol, see y'all at Nova 9/2?

Yeah haha I kinda wish all of us could have interacted more. It was awkward using Zoom

Not being able to interact with the other interviewees was a downside but at least Nova is in-person!

Yeah it was. It wasn't like we could make eye contact with people and be more interactive :/ haha and looking forward to having Nova in-person; at least we'll have at minimum one non-virtual interview!

Did anyone get a confirmation after scheduling their interview? I just want to make sure I did it correctly but I never receive a confirmation.

Does LECOM send out interview invites in bursts or just continually? Seems like no one has received any since the initial couple..
Last year it was in short bursts initially, like one week in between for the first two or so rounds, and then it slowed down. I wouldn't worry honestly.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is LECOM handling COVID?

From the interview they seem to be taking it pretty seriously. They are using N95s, social distancing, logs for the clinic with schedules times, and health checks for people entering the building. They said they are following CDC guidelines.

How is LECOM handling COVID?
They are taking it very seriously. Right now, the only time we are on campus is for sim lab at the moment and didactic courses are on Zoom. As D1s, we are expected to check in before arriving online and fill out a health survey. When we arrive we sign in and have our temp taken by a scanner when entering the building. We are split into smaller groups this year and spaced 6 ft apart, and we are split into even smaller groups just to stagger entering the sim lab! N95 is only being used in clinic to save supplies since stock is still limited all over the US but we are expected to wear masks at all times on campus. We were also required to be tested for COVID prior to even being allowed on campus. When I say I feel safe and that they are taking our best interests into account, I definitely mean that.

Reactions: 2 users
They are taking it very seriously. Right now, the only time we are on campus is for sim lab at the moment and didactic courses are on Zoom. As D1s, we are expected to check in before arriving online and fill out a health survey. When we arrive we sign in and have our temp taken by a scanner when entering the building. We are split into smaller groups this year and spaced 6 ft apart, and we are split into even smaller groups just to stagger entering the sim lab! N95 is only being used in clinic to save supplies since stock is still limited all over the US but we are expected to wear masks at all times on campus. We were also required to be tested for COVID prior to even being allowed on campus. When I say I feel safe and that they are taking our best interests into account, I definitely mean that.
Yeah, I feel safer at LECOM than I do anywhere else in the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a confirmation after scheduling their interview? I just want to make sure I did it correctly but I never receive a confirmation.

They send you a confirmation 7 days prior to your interview date.

Interview #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 8/16/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/25
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.31, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/15/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Hey does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are after an interview at LECOM? Thanks!

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/16/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/25
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.31, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/15/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Hey does anyone know what the chances of acceptance are after an interview at LECOM? Thanks!

They interview around 500 applicants every cycle for 105 seats.

To those who already interviewed: What does your AADSAS status say for LECOM now? Mine did say "Invited for Interview" and now it says "none"

It will say none until Dec. if I remember right.

it took about almost two weeks for me to get secondaries so yeah they are not the fastest school regrading secondaries.

For the people who had their interview already, how many people were in the group interview? Did you have any one-on-one time after the group interview so you could share any final thoughts with them privately and away from the group?

Has anyone gotten any interview offers recently? My application has been verified/complete since August 5, but I haven't heard anything.
DAT
AA: 23
PAT: 22
TS: 21
GPA: 3.6

Has anyone gotten any interview offers recently? My application has been verified/complete since August 5, but I haven't heard anything.
DAT
I only have one interview and have extremely similar stats, so it might still be awhile unfortunately.

DAT
I wouldn’t worry too much. You have good stats! My app was complete 7/2 last cycle and I did not interview until 11/21 and am a current D1. They don’t always go in order, so don’t let that stress you either. Invites will come when you least expect them!

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/1
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.48, 3.32
Post-Bacc GPA (overall, science): N/A
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/3

I wouldn’t worry too much. You have good stats! My app was complete 7/2 last cycle and I did not interview until 11/21 and am a current D1. They don’t always go in order, so don’t let that stress you either. Invites will come when you least expect them!

Just to add on: there are thousands of applications too and they're only screened by one person so it may take a bit. Trust me, there is plenty of time left for interviews.

My status has been this for the last month. "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review." to those who got an interview. Did your status change to anything else before receiving an interview?

I think my status just said 'none' until I got invited for interview. It then changed back to 'none' after my interview.

Would it be worth it to submit my application now to lecom? I have 3.8 GPA and 20AA. Is it too late?

Would it be worth it to submit my application now to lecom? I have 3.8 GPA and 20AA. Is it too late?

They interview until April or so. You'll be fine if you submit now.

Hey guys, for those who have already interviewed through ZOOM, did you have to have an account with ZOOM to access the interview session ? Or is it okay to just use the link that they email us and then join through the browser?

Hey guys it's that time again! To everyone applying to LECOM, good luck and I'll see you guys on the interview trail!

LECOM begins interviewing in July and conducts most of their interviews from September through January with smaller waves from January through March and sometimes April

Acceptances typically go out beginning on December first with additional large rounds early January and Early February followed by smaller rounds end of February through May with possibility of acceptance until school has begun. Those that interview after January usually hear back within a few weeks if they have been accepted. Alternate list begins shortly after December 1st, many people (including myself) have been accepted off the alternate list.

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

Things to note about LECOM:
LECOM uses the graded system for didactics (A-F, 75% to pass with a C) and is no longer P/F
LECOM teaches its students about how to use cad cam
LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton (Florida) and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs (Florida) or Erie (Pennsylvania)-Your choice
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012 which a new building and facilities that are top notch. LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is typically around 105
LECOM COA is estimated at 380k which is quite a bit less than the average private dental school
LECOM is located in Bradenton, Florida which is on the East coast near Tampa/sarasota

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

ADEX First Time Pass rate for 2020: 94% (well above the national average)

Previous Year's Thread:
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
2017 - *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D3 AMA
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA

Hi, I applied on 6/18 and I have decent stats (GPA: 3.8, DAT 27). I already received interviews from a supposedly more competitive school than LECOM, but I haven't heard anything from LECOM yet. I am getting kinda nervous

Hi, I applied on 6/18 and I have decent stats (GPA: 3.8, DAT 27). I already received interviews from a supposedly more competitive school than LECOM, but I haven't heard anything from LECOM yet. I am getting kinda nervous

I’ve heard that if you are too good schools may choose to rather spend their time with applicants more likely to attend their school. Makes sense but I’m sure you will hear eventually from LECOM.

For the people who had their interview already, how many people were in the group interview? Did you have any one-on-one time after the group interview so you could share any final thoughts with them privately and away from the group?
There were 5 other people in the group so including you 6 with 2 interviewers so a total of 8 people. The interview is very chill and laid back. The interviewers try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately you don't get any 1 on 1 time but the interview is very much conversational so you can say anything you want to them. Hope this helps! :)

Can someone help? My aadsas says received/waiting on additional information but when I go to my admission states in lecom portal it says the admission committee is requesting transcript with final grades from all courses. Was this not provided by aadsas?

Can someone help? My aadsas says received/waiting on additional information but when I go to my admission states in lecom portal it says the admission committee is requesting transcript with final grades from all courses. Was this not provided by aadsas?
Email the admissions counselor...it usually means you're missing a prerequisite

Had my group interview last week Thursday. Word of advice to people who are going to be interviewing: don't share you're entire life story when the interviewers ask you to give them your "name, what you majored in, what school you went to, and a fun fact about yourself." 4 out of the 6 people in my group did this and I could tell the interviewers were annoyed af that these people couldn't just answer a simple question, but instead had to try to outdo each other.

Also, I think everyone in my group but me tried to give these long, drawn out responses that had a lot of irrelevant information to the questions being asked to make themselves seem smarter. I could see that the two interviewers started to look a little annoyed when people would do this.

Had my group interview last week Thursday. Word of advice to people who are going to be interviewing: don't share you're entire life story when the interviewers ask you to give them your "name, what you majored in, what school you went to, and a fun fact about yourself." 4 out of the 6 people in my group did this and I could tell the interviewers were annoyed af that these people couldn't just answer a simple question, but instead had to try to outdo each other.

Also, I think everyone in my group but me tried to give these long, drawn out responses that had a lot of irrelevant information to the questions being asked to make themselves seem smarter. I could see that the two interviewers started to look a little annoyed when people would do this.
I would agree with this and say keep it simple and keep it fluid. I would also avoid topics such as politics, religion, or anything else controversial... someone brought one of these topics up in my interview group which I found quite shocking. As for my advice, stick to non-controversial topics, no matter what you think is right you don’t know the personal beliefs of your interviewer and could easily shoot yourself in the foot. But have fun, be yourself, and don’t overthink it!