This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLegend

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why on earth are you taking an SMP????

Your GPAs are good enough for any DO school, and some MDs as well.

If you're doing poorly in the SMP, its time to leave. This performance is also NOT a good sign for your doing well in med school.

You have to submit transcripts to any school you have attended.

Reactions: 6 users
Why on earth are you taking an SMP????

Your GPAs are good enough for any DO school, and some MDs as well.

If you're doing poorly in the SMP, its time to leave. This performance is also NOT a good sign for your doing well in med school.

You have to submit transcripts to any school you have attended.

In my mind I graduated 3 years ago and was just sick and tired of being at home. I wanted to do the SMP program as a guarantee that I would get into medical school this upcoming cycle AND wanted to prepare my self for medical school.

I learnt a lot in terms of how to study - but am afraid it was a little too late.

I was so focused on trying to juggle both the SMP and applications.

I received my MCAT score after I had already started the program, I was just so fearful that my MCAT would not turn out the way it did.

Hey guys,

I am currently enrolled in an SMP program and am conflicted on what my next steps should be. I am afraid that I will not meet the 3.3 gpa cutoff for the interview and will fail the program ( Think my gpa at this time is (2.5-3.0). My next exam is on Wednesday and the last day to withdraw is upcoming Thursday, meaning I won't know my exam grades before it is time to make a decision. If I withdraw after this date my transcript would read "Withdraw - Failed/ Withdraw-Passed" instead of "Withdraw".

I just submitted my DO applications a few weeks ago and am writing secondary's.

Here are my options

1) Withdraw with a "W" on my transcript and focus on secondaries. 2) Continue taking the SMP program but risk a WF (high change if I'm being honest) while focusing on secondaries.

This is my first time living on my own and I love the program/material/learning and classmates

Also since my applications are already in for some DO schools, how do I go about telling them about my MMS performance?

My stats are:

uGPA: ~3.64
sGPA: ~3.49
MCAT: 510

If you're at risk of failing out I would highly recommend you withdraw. Your stats are competitive for all DO schools. Save your tuition money for next semester and finish all your secondaries and prepare for your interviews.

Reactions: 5 users