This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1123341

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is up to the academic policies at your school. Most programs won't really have an opinion on this issue outside of just fulfilling prereqs.

Did you start another thread asking about taking biochemistry at other schools?

The biggest potential challenge I see here is that a biochemistry course that requires two semesters of organic might not have equivalent content to one that only requires a single semester, and your school might not view the transferred course as equivalent. I certainly teach biochemistry differently when students haven't had two semesters of organic, and we're able to cover less in the course since I have to spend more time reviewing fundamentals.

Accordingly, the starting point for this discussion needs to be your academic advisor to determine what a course would need to be considered equivalent. Being flexible about transferring credit, in general, is often different than transferring credit as part of degree requirements.

The other question to answer is whether you need this course for your undergraduate degree, or not. If you don't need it for your undergrad degree program, and are just taking it for medical school, then you don't need to transfer the credit at all: you can take it at another school, and you'll have a transcript from that school that you will submit with your medical school applications.

That said, it sounds like you're in a combined BSMD program, if I read your post right? So this might not apply there. That said, your school should be able to answer whether you need to take your pre-reqs in house or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.