1st year and 1st semester of college over, did I ruin my chance at Med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so medfan: do you have problems with the ladies?

You say you are short? LOL, I have seen short men with pretty ladies taller than them

Members don't see this ad.

I mean come on, you rarely see Indian guys with non-Indian girls and I just hate Indian girls (not hate hate them but just don't want to date or marry one).

Yea that should be the least of your concerns...as soon as you stop looking for love that is when it mostly will be found..so stop looking and do you...girls will come. Also, you def still have a chance to go to med school..i had a 2.86 after my first semester of college! however, i advise you to never get that low of a gpa ever again...continue to raise it...from the med school admissions people i have spoken with they look for improvement and not some person with a 4.0 who has no social skills so...improvement is the key!! Good luck!!!!

Yea that should be the least of your concerns...as soon as you stop looking for love that is when it mostly will be found..so stop looking and do you...girls will come. Also, you def still have a chance to go to med school..i had a 2.86 after my first semester of college! however, i advise you to never get that low of a gpa ever again...continue to raise it...from the med school admissions people i have spoken with they look for improvement and not some person with a 4.0 who has no social skills so...improvement is the key!! Good luck!!!!

Girls have come to me, but they have been White and I have rejected them, I am not into White women.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to pick my major but I don't have that freedom. You guys can say "DUUUUDDDDEEE UR LIEK 18 MAN BE A GROWN ADULT" but with Nazis as parents that is kind of hard to do. You think Asian parents are bad? Indian parents are worse.
Sorry, but you do need to sack up.

I would know. I've been in a comparable situation. It's not easy to up and decide you're finally going to tell them it's your life, your decision. That's why it's so easy to rationalize the "I can't do this, I can't say that" attitude.

You're not the first one to have overbearing parents, and you wouldn't be the first one to stand up to them. Unfortunately, most kids never work up the nerve, which is a shame.

Girls have come to me, but they have been White and I have rejected them, I am not into White women.

What? Everybody likes white women, especially minorities (I'm a black male).

Your chances are pretty slim, to be honest. C's, in case you haven't heard, are not acceptable grades when it comes to medicine.

Most Black males in my area do not even bother with White girls, they either go for mixed Black girls or Latinas. I like Latinas more than White girls.

so medfan: do you have problems with the ladies?

You say you are short? LOL, I have seen short men with pretty ladies taller than them

Hehe..I'm 5' 4"..been dating a bunch of girls, but I'm not actively seeking anyone out so I guess that's my main problem..got **** to do and career to build.

Also..I never understood why people are so worked up about race? I find plenty of girls attractive regardless of their skin color: white, black brown, yellow, etc. Beauty is not dictated by skin color...

I wouldn't worry about girls right now dude, clearly you need to improve your grades, or you'll be screwed regardless. These are the years that'll never come back, and trust me I did "half bad" in college, it's a **** load of work to raise grades with post bacc, SMP, etc. There will always be time to chase girls later.

You say minorities, but it's obvious you're referring to blacks. Are you purposely trying to take a jab at black men or what? Think about what you just said...What is this "especially minorities ****?" The only black men that "especially" like white women are the brothas that would date the trash/fat chicks (no racist) just so they can think they've made the ultimate integration and can have a baby with "good hair". The exception is for those blacks that were raised in an environment with predominantly white women, as it would be natural for them to be preferred.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with a black guy liking a white chick as I've dated/slayed a few back in the day. But the black guys that specifically go for white women, and you all know what I'm talking about (unless you've been sheltered and living in your parents' basement for 21 years), are a joke...

You say minorities, but it's obvious you're referring to blacks. Are you purposely trying to take a jab at black men or what? Think about what you just said...What is this "especially minorities ****?" The only black men that "especially" like white women are the brothas that would date the trash/fat chicks (no racist) just so they can think they've made the ultimate integration and can have a baby with "good hair". The exception is for those blacks that were raised in an environment with predominantly white women, as it would be natural for them to be preferred.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with a black guy liking a white chick as I've dated/slayed a few back in the day. But the black guys that specifically go for white women, and you all know what I'm talking about (unless you've been sheltered and living in your parents' basement for 21 years), are a joke...

I'm sure your wife would be happy to know you are talking on the internet about how you "slayed" other women back in the day. lol

oh and...

images

Last edited:
I have seen A LOT of Indian guy - White girl couples where I live, and I live in a small deep south city out of all places in the US. Every single Indian doctor in my area is married to a White woman and gotta admit, some are pretty hot even though I am not too much into White girls. Oddly enough, they always go for the Blondes.

I have seen A LOT of Indian guy - White girl couples where I live, and I live in a small deep south city out of all places in the US. Every single Indian doctor in my area is married to a White woman and gotta admit, some are pretty hot even though I am not too much into White girls. Oddly enough, they always go for the Blondes.

Haha..awesomeness..gives me hope! :)

Haha..awesomeness..gives me hope! :)

White girls are not that picky, Latinas on the other hand can be (generally speaking). I have seen one Indian doctor with a Puerto Rican wife and I am dating a Puerto Rican girl.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just have something this time that I did not have earlier in my high school years and something I lost my first semester of college which caused me to screw up pretty bad.

I now have that vision, that vision for med school, and I know the work that needs to be put in.

To everyone on this thread, thanks, in a matter of a week or so I probably won't even be on this forum (but I will return lol).

First of all I was too concerned about other irrelevant stuff like will girls like me because of my race/ethnicity (I am an Indian (India) guy) and I was worried about living independently and things.

Huh?

I am not into White girls

Girls = Latinas and Asian women mainly

Don't worry, if you become a physician you'll be able to attract just about any type of female you want.

Disregard females, acquire good grades.

Way too early to freak out. Everyone has a rough semester, especially during freshman year. Just regroup and do better in the future.

Way too early to freak out. Everyone has a rough semester, especially during freshman year. Just regroup and do better in the future.

wow an on topic post, we haven't had those in a while

thanks for the motivation ^_^!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: same with me im dark skinned and i LOVE white woman hate black woman though no offense dont flame me