2.5 writing score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

Do schools look at the writing score heavily? Because I got a 2.5 out of 6 :(

Members don't see this ad.

Do schools look at the writing score heavily? Because I got a 2.5 out of 6 :(

I think the mean is like 2.96, so yours isn't too bad, but i think if your composite is high, they wouldn't care much about this score.... all my sciences were in 90s, reading in 60s and writing 3.5...we aren't English major here, ;):rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi manan982! This is a really interesting question you brought up, and there's some truth to this: some pharmacy schools even report in their admissions FAQs that the Writing score is not given as much weight as other sections of the PCAT, and that's mostly because your writing skills can be evaluated in other parts of your application (in other words, triple-check your personal statement for typos - they happen to the best of us :)).

Now, you always want to put your best effort into the Writing essay, but will it make or break you? Not necessarily. If you have really strong science and math scores, my guess is that some schools are willing to overlook a lower Writing score. Your PharmCAS application takes a comprehensive look at you as an applicant, and there will be some parts where you really shine and other parts where you might have wished you had done a little better.

If you're still unsure, you could certainly reach out to some pharmacy schools to ask about the median Writing score of their matriculants and how much weight is placed on that section of the PCAT, and weigh this information with how well you did on the other sections of the test, as well as the rest of your application as a whole.

Reactions: 1 users