2.9 BCP GPA...am I doomed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaylee2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

my coursework was just verified and my BCP GPA is at a lousy 2.9..do I have a chance?? My overall is a 3.4 and science is a 3.1. DAT 23AA 22PAT 24TS. Basically I had one really bad year due to family problems that tanked my GPA, my last three semesters have been a 3.85 average. (Also applied as a disadvantaged student which contributed to my grades). I'm worried my app won't even be looked at because of the BCP GPA. Can anyone give me any insight?

Also, I am enrolled in summer and fall courses. How much of an impact does the academic update make? My BCP will be above a 3.0 after the update and my science GPA will improve as well.

Please let me know what you guys think!

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly think you never know until you apply. And other parts of your application are looked at too. After calling a few schools as my GPA is around a 3.47 with a science of 3.2/3.3, they told me they dont just look at DAT score or GPA, as they take everything else into account also. And they calculate your GPA a million ways including last two years alone, and seeing if its an upwards trend etc. I think you're fine just apply broadly and hope for the best! :)

No you’ll get in if you apply to 30 programs