2 weeks = old thread???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missesdental1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

So I've been perusing through the forums and there was something that was posted on Jan 17th that someone had "bumped". And the mod closed it saying don't bump old threads...thats only 2 weeks ago?! Does that mean old???

Members don't see this ad.

No, old means > 1 year, in my book. Sometimes people do necrobumps from as far back as the late '90s or early 2000s!

hi,

So I've been perusing through the forums and there was something that was posted on Jan 17th that someone had "bumped". And the mod closed it saying don't bump old threads...thats only 2 weeks ago?! Does that mean old???

Reactions: 1 user
No, old means > 1 year, in my book. Sometimes people do necrobumps from as far back as the late '90s or early 2000s!

Wow! That's crazy!!! So If i posted in a thread that was like 2 weeks old, it wouldn't be considered "necro-bumping"?

Btw....Hi, GORO!!! I heard a lot about you and see you all over the forums!!! I've been lurking for like a year before making an account :claps:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Sometimes older threads have valuable teaching moments in them.

Hopefully you heard good things.;)

Wow! That's crazy!!! So If i posted in a thread that was like 2 weeks old, it wouldn't be considered "necro-bumping"?

Btw....Hi, GORO!!! I heard a lot about you and see you all over the forums!!! I've been lurking for like a year before making an account :claps:

As long as you don't revive something as old as this thread, I think you're ahead of the curve.

(Honestly, it depends a little on the forum and the context. Pre-allo is pretty active, thus a thread that's been dead for 2 weeks is on the older side... but if you have something reasonable to add to the discussion, it may make sense to respond. If your response is just "I agree" or if the thread is more social than anything, then perhaps no.)

As long as you don't revive something as old as this thread, I think you're ahead of the curve.

(Honestly, it depends a little on the forum and the context. Pre-allo is pretty active, thus a thread that's been dead for 2 weeks is on the older side... but if you have something reasonable to add to the discussion, it may make sense to respond. If your response is just "I agree" or if the thread is more social than anything, then perhaps no.)

holy ****. That was made when i was just a toddler :laugh: Will you get banned for randomly trollingly necro-bumping threads?

holy ****. That was made when i was just a toddler :laugh: Will you get banned for randomly trollingly necro-bumping threads?
There's a ton of 1999 threads around that aren't hard to find, but 1998 is pretty rare. Do it once and people might be amused, but do it frequently and you'll probably get in trouble. :p

LOL but that was actually fun to read. Like a thread time capsule.

Super tempted to bump that thread

Reactions: 2 users
Everyone was so much more proper back then in regards to posting style. But anyways, I wouldn't consider two weeks old. If you have something meaningful to contribute to the thread then I would say go for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Super tempted to bump that thread
trial-rights-lucky-ounk.png