2007 Official Decision Thread (i.e. where are you going?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

irish80122

DCT at Miss State U.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even though I haven't quite finalized my decision I decided it was a good time to start this thread up since I know several of you have decided your school of choice. Honestly, this is the thread I have been waiting for all year. It was a lot of fun last year and I can't wait to see where everyone is headed.

I know a lot of people are still interviewing and do not have offers, and I hope you won't give up the faith. I don't mean for this thread to be a downer, rather it is made to be a fun thread to see where everyone will be for the next several years.

Congrats to everyone who posts in this thread and I hope to meet you down the line. If you know who I am, be sure to say hi and let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

I have decided to attend UNC... good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I accepted Harvard's offer for the clinical psych program on Tuesday. I get to stay in Boston!

I'm going to SDSU/UCSD in the Neuropsych track. :D

I'm going to University of Oregon! Yay!!!

I'm going to the University of Arkansas! I'm so excited! (and got a kick-ass stipend!!):D

I'm going to the University of Arkansas! I'm so excited! (and got a kick-ass stipend!!):D

go HOGS! except when you're playing the DORES. I did upward bound as a kid there....great memories.

Im going to Boston University
Clinical PhD

Congrats, Gumbo. Who will you be working with?

Don't worry, I definitely am not going anywhere...I am a message board junkie. I just am thankful to have the process over with. I look forward to hearing what your future plans are!

Members don't see this ad :)
i've interviewed at ADELPHI, TC and CUNY, and am wondering how other people here consider these options. Between them, and also compared to other programs you interviewed for.
CUNY, for example, interviewed 70 and are accepting 12, so i wonder if many of the ones accepted eventually go to other schools (which makes my chances higher)

I am going to University of Southern California (aging track), I'm so excited! :) Congratulations to everyone!

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question correctly, so apologies if I'm not -- but CUNY takes 11-13 people in each entering class, so if they're accepting 12 people that would mean few or no people who are offered the slots are turning them down.

Anyone know anything about La Salle PsyD...just got an acceptance.

a couple of weeks ago...just got acceptance letter in the mail. I loved the interview and the faculty...the director was great! Anybody else have an opinion?

I am going to Kent State (Clinical PhD-Health Psych Track). Hopefully, I will get a chance to advantage of the new Quant minor they were talking about on interview day
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
(Sorry guys, I'm all smiles...its time to relax before the real work begins)

Ang

I am going to Kent State (Clinical PhD-Health Psych Track). Hopefully, I will get a chance to advantage of the new Quant minor they were talking about on interview day
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
(Sorry guys, I'm all smiles...its time to relax before the real work begins)

Ang

Congrats Ang. Just curious - who is your POI?

I accepted my offer with Arkansas -- it is a great program and the money is just to good to turn down!

I accepted my offer with Arkansas -- it is a great program and the money is just to good to turn down!

Welcome aboard! (Is this Dana?) Looks like we'll be classmates! :D

a couple of weeks ago...just got acceptance letter in the mail. I loved the interview and the faculty...the director was great! Anybody else have an opinion?

Congratulations, I just got accepted there too (yeah I heard about this website and have been reading it every so often but now that it comes down to decisions/frustrations time I caved and joined so I can post too).
I really liked it too and am trying to decide also :eek:

Congratulations, I just got accepted there too (yeah I heard about this website and have been reading it every so often but now that it comes down to decisions/frustrations time I caved and joined so I can post too).
I really liked it too and am trying to decide also :eek:

What are your choices? I think I decided to go with my gut and head to La salle!

I am going to accept an offer at South Carolina...

I have been pretty torn about this: the choice between a so-so program with very supportive faculty and another school, but i think i'm going with UIUC (against my gut, unless I discover some serious flaws this weekend).

I just accepted my offer to VCU, I am so excited! If anyone else decides to accept PM me!:)

Hear ye! Hear ye! 'Tis now official and everything! :D

I recently notified Northern Illinois University that they are stuck with me for the next umpteen years.

What are your choices? I think I decided to go with my gut and head to La salle!
Well La Salle is the only one I have heard back from so far...with an acceptance, and I am actually going on one more interview still so I guess I will just have to wait and see when I get the rest of the rejections or acceptances...but who knows, maybe I'll see you at La Salle!

I'll be attending UCLA in the fall.

Welcome aboard! (Is this Dana?) Looks like we'll be classmates! :D

Haha, I read the original quote and was wondering if it was you!!!! To ahhh, congrats!!! Who are you working with?

I've accepted my offer from the Clinical Ph.D. program at Long Island University-Brooklyn.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!:luck:

I am accepting U Texas- Austin, clinical psychology PhD, neuropsychology track.

I AM BEYOND PSYCHED!!!! :D

thanks guys, so much, really!!! I feel like this is the chance of a lifetime and I can't wait to work my ass off for the nect 6 or 7 or so years in the coooolest city ever (second to Boston only :) )

I hope everyone else has an amazing time at their school of choice and everyone on this forum RULES.

thanks guys, so much, really!!! I feel like this is the chance of a lifetime and I can't wait to work my ass off for the nect 6 or 7 or so years in the coooolest city ever (second to Boston only :) )

I hope everyone else has an amazing time at their school of choice and everyone on this forum RULES.

That is good news. There were a few other good announcements here yesterday. However, maybe you should have waited a day so that your news would not have been over shadowed by the news of Duke's loss. Those SOB's are always trying to steal the spotlight.

As long as you are in teh Lone Star State, see if you can crash a party at the Bush compound.

I'm going to the University of Florida! :D

Is anyone else heading down there come fall?

Serotonin-
Second to Boston??? Talk to me after you've lived in Austin for a bit :) In any case Congrats. PM me of you want any advice on the city...where to live etc.

*edit* My brain wasn't fully functional when I wrote this...so it's a little ambiguous. In gist I meant Austin is fabulous.

Trikuda - it isn't official yet, but unofficially it looks like I'll be attending USF, which is just a couple hours away.

Where you moving from? While weather is pretty trivial to me in the grand scheme of things, I'm definitely looking forward to the HUGE climate change involved in moving to Tampa from Buffalo:)

Where you moving from? While weather is pretty trivial to me in the grand scheme of things, I'm definitely looking forward to the HUGE climate change involved in moving to Tampa from Buffalo:)

I'm moving from Richmond, Virginia. I grew up in/around Virginia Beach, VA so I'm luckily used to the stifling heat and humidity that will likely come along with the move. I hear that Gainesville actually experiences more of a season-change than the rest of Florida, too, so I won't completely escape freezing temperatures year round (though I'm sure it will be nowhere near as cold as it is in Buffalo!).

Do you have any idea how you are going to make the move? I found out that they are currently building an Ikea in Orlando, so I might just sell my stuff and craigslist/ikea anything I need when I get down there (I don't really have anything of any value :rolleyes:). That way I can drive down with my car (an absolute necessity in Gainesville, it seems) and not have to worry about getting a UHaul.

I love Virginia Beach! Was just there last year actually on a vacation. That area is actually about the perfect climate for me. I'm sure Florida will be too warm for my tastes, but I'll make do:)

I love some of my furniture so I'm going to have to do the whole U-haul thing. My graduation present was an italian leather sofa that was originally $1600 marked down to 500. I'd leave everything else I owned if it meant I could bring that:)

I have no idea how much it will cost to get everything moved down, but I'll have to figure something out. I expect I'll probably end up getting a new desk when I move down there since I was planning on getting one anyways. I've never moved before so I don't know what kind of costs I can expect vs. the cost of new furniture.

Serotonin: CONGRATS!! :D I lived in San Antonio for five years (just about 45 minutes down the road from Austin) and made some of the best friends I ever had there. PLUS, you will eat the best Tex-Mex of your life in that part of the country!!

When you get your first weekend off (will any of us ever have one again??), make sure you go down to San Antonio, visit the Riverwalk (take a date!), go to Sea World, and soak up the culture. It is a beautiful city!!

I love some of my furniture so I'm going to have to do the whole U-haul thing. My graduation present was an italian leather sofa that was originally $1600 marked down to 500. I'd leave everything else I owned if it meant I could bring that:)

I have no idea how much it will cost to get everything moved down, but I'll have to figure something out. I expect I'll probably end up getting a new desk when I move down there since I was planning on getting one anyways. I've never moved before so I don't know what kind of costs I can expect vs. the cost of new furniture.

Oh wow, I think your couch might be worth more than all of my furniture combined! :laugh: I think that the most expensive piece of furniture that I own only cost $150, and it was my huge all-wood dresser from ikea. I bought it when I first left for college and it's still hanging in strong. I'd hate to leave it but I found out that buying everything new that we would need will only cost about 800 dollars (thanks to the new ikea they're building), where the UHaul itself (not counting the gas and paying a friend to drive it) cost about that much. Hopefully we'll find some used things and pay even less :D

Serotonin: CONGRATS!! :D I lived in San Antonio for five years (just about 45 minutes down the road from Austin) and made some of the best friends I ever had there. PLUS, you will eat the best Tex-Mex of your life in that part of the country!!

When you get your first weekend off (will any of us ever have one again??), make sure you go down to San Antonio, visit the Riverwalk (take a date!), go to Sea World, and soak up the culture. It is a beautiful city!!

Must be a personal preference--I absolutely hated San Antonio (and I know others who feel the same), mainly because I thought it was a hideous, filthy place. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.