2007 Official Decision Thread (i.e. where are you going?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be a personal preference--I absolutely hated San Antonio (and I know others who feel the same), mainly because I thought it was a hideous, filthy place. :laugh:

Ouch! :confused: Well, I am an older student, so it's been about 17 years since I lived there. I would hope it hasn't changed THAT much though!

I will say this: the city itself was beautiful, and the Riverwalk romantic and picturesque. However, I'm a midwesterner and I missed the changing seasons, etc. I stand by the fact that the people of San Antonio are some of the nicest on the planet.

Hideous, filthy??? That's really strong! Do you mean a dirty city, bad people, or what?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't be that harsh on SA. There are areas which are still pretty but the riverwalk has deteriorated pretty badly. I remember going there as a child it was clean and attractive. Now the riverwalk is dirty and run down...wouldn't recommend it. Austin and SA are very different culturally and physically. I prefer Austin because it's a little more laid back and cleaner.

Sorry to Contine off topic.

the important thing is that she is moving to austin, which a beautiful and fun city, and a perfect place to be young. might be the best place i ever lived :)

serotonin might visit SA (and i think it's a nice place to visit), but it's kind of irrelevant whether it's dirty or clean, since she won't be there for more than a visit!

serotonin, congrats, you'll love it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa! I didn't mean to hijack the thread with my comment regarding SA. T'was simply my opinion of the place. I visited a few times several years back and what little I saw did not impress me in the slightest. The riverwalk was absolutely filthy and had for some bizarre reason I fallen into that stinkin' pit, I would have immediately gone to the hospital to get myself tested for anything & everything possible. The other areas (I saw) were similar in cleanliness, so personally I was happy to get out of there.

On a positive note, some of the architecture was interesting . . . and I have no opinion of the people there, so it may be a wonderful place to live. I just don't care for it for me. Maybe nice for a visit but I doubt I'll ever go back.

But, as someone else mentioned, serotonin is going to AUSTIN, not SA, and I hear only wonderful things about them, so I suspect that she will be just fine, especially since she's already visited for herself. :D

Finally, I can say that I will be going to UNC Chapel Hill next year. YAY!! :p

I just accepted a wait list offer for UAB!! YEA!! People DO actually get in off waitlists!! Is anybody else going here?!:D

I will be going to the University of Iowa (clinical) this fall!! :D

University of Wyoming (clinical)... I've removed myself from 5 wait lists so good luck everyone!

:D ella

Hi Ella! Congrats!

I'm from Wyoming originally, so I can say definitively that you should invest in the warmest clothes possible! I know you were just there for the interview but Wyoming winters are no joke! The wind gets really brutal in Laramie. But enjoy it-Wyoming really is the last frontier and my heart will always be there.

Hi Ella! Congrats!

I'm from Wyoming originally, so I can say definitively that you should invest in the warmest clothes possible! I know you were just there for the interview but Wyoming winters are no joke! The wind gets really brutal in Laramie. But enjoy it-Wyoming really is the last frontier and my heart will always be there.

The best thing about Wyoming is that it is close to Colorado! Then again, I am a Colorado native and just slightly biased on my assessment :).

Thanks guys! I cannot wait to snowboard, mountain climb, go hiking, wear long johns... all that good stuff :cool: The best part is the totally cheap housing! So pumped to not pay $1400/month for a studio anymore.

I never thought I would end up in Wyo, really but now I know it was definitely the correct decision.

Thanks for being so supportive :D

*ella

Is anyone here going to Ohio University? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks tkj, i am sure you will end up someplace you love, as well! as for the rent - i live in a very big, very populated "area" lol where the rent is quite high....;)... good riddance!

ps- NO MORE GRES EVER AGAIN OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

University of Wyoming (clinical)... I've removed myself from 5 wait lists so good luck everyone!

:D ella

Congratulations on getting that big decision over and done with! I have always wanted to go to that part of the country - I hope you LOVE it there!

For those of us still waitlisted, would you mind letting us know what the 5 schools were that you declined...? :rolleyes:

thanks psychwanabe!!! i'm pretty happy!

the schools were:

Indiana University @ Bloomington
University of New Mexico
University of Tennessee
University of Oregon (was accepted and turned down)
Western Michigan University

good luck!! i truly hope you get in, as well! =) let me know how it turns out!:luck: *ella

The best thing about Wyoming is that it is close to Colorado! Then again, I am a Colorado native and just slightly biased on my assessment :).

Ooh, I so want to move to Colorado . . . went there for a trip back in January and loved it. Unfortunately the significiant other ended up with altitude sickness where we were staying, so he vetoed me :( . Not that it was likely anyway, since the housing in that area was a few million for the "low prices". Silly people. How can I be a hermit if they expect me to have a ton of money?

Wow, I'm originally from Wyoming too--Laramie actually. It's a great town and a fun university, Ella. I recommend taking a few trips to Coal Creek Coffee. It's the best coffee house that I've encountered in all of my travels. And, yes, do dress warm. Congratulations on your decision.

Woohoo! Thanks everyone :) I'm excited about Laramie, as well. I have never lived in a small town so this will be exiciting. I recently found out two of my childhood friends now live in Colorado, only about 2 hours away so that's a pleasant surprise. Good luck to everyone =)

*ella:love:

I'm going to Penn State (child track)! So excited!!!

I am going to Northwestern-Feinberg, neuropsych track!!!!!!!

Wow, I'm originally from Wyoming too--Laramie actually. It's a great town and a fun university, Ella. I recommend taking a few trips to Coal Creek Coffee. It's the best coffee house that I've encountered in all of my travels. And, yes, do dress warm. Congratulations on your decision.

CONGRATS ELLA! :D

thanks tkj, i am sure you will end up someplace you love, as well! as for the rent - i live in a very big, very populated "area" lol where the rent is quite high....;)... good riddance!

ps- NO MORE GRES EVER AGAIN OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Ella!!!!

I still have dreams about having to take the GRE again! It is so fantastic to wake up and remember that I will never have to study geometry again!

So, Mr. tkj has been awfully modest about his plans so far. I say we make him talk :p! Any decisions, offers, anything, tkj?

Melinda

I'll be attending UCLA in the fall.

I missed this one!

Congratulations joetro! You've earned it!

If anyone planning on reapplying needs encouragement, go back reread through joetro's comments!

tkj, i also have a later interview. i have an interview on monday at Chicago School of professional psychology.

Wow, I always thought the Mel in your name was for Melbourne, for what reason I will never know...Melinda is cooler though! I just stopped posting about my own stuff because I didn't think it was really beneficial to other people for me to post stuff about that (not that my posts about random NCAA basketball are particularly helpful...).

Anyway, since you asked:
decisions: 0 (but I should know by next week where I want to go)

offers: had several, but promptly turned all but 1 of them down. don't get me wrong, I liked all the places I was able to visit (and the people were all nice), I just REALLY liked one place (strangely enough, I wasn't sure that I was a good fit, prior to interviewing).

anything: one last (does anyone else have interviews this late? i wanted this date, so i can't really point any fingers hehe) interview to go. flying out today, will be back sunday (my longest 'interview' for sure)! several days of pondering thereafter, I hope I know where I want to go

once I've figured out where I'm going I'll post details hehe

Wow, I always thought the Mel in your name was for Melbourne, for what reason I will never know...Melinda is cooler though! I just stopped posting about my own stuff because I didn't think it was really beneficial to other people for me to post stuff about that (not that my posts about random NCAA basketball are particularly helpful...).

Anyway, since you asked:
decisions: 0 (but I should know by next week where I want to go)

offers: had several, but promptly turned all but 1 of them down. don't get me wrong, I liked all the places I was able to visit (and the people were all nice), I just REALLY liked one place (strangely enough, I wasn't sure that I was a good fit, prior to interviewing).

anything: one last (does anyone else have interviews this late? i wanted this date, so i can't really point any fingers hehe) interview to go. flying out today, will be back sunday (my longest 'interview' for sure)! several days of pondering thereafter, I hope I know where I want to go

once I've figured out where I'm going I'll post details hehe

Hey All,
I just wanted to post and say that it comes as no surprise that TKJ is being modest. I met him at an interview, and he's probably one of the kindest, most encouraging individuals I met on 6 interviews... When he decides, there should be ample congratulations all around because he deserves it !!!!!!!

I just accepted an offer to University of Central Florida, Clinical PhD program. After a two year struggle, it is nice to know i wont have to do this horrible process again. Good luck to everyone!!!

aww psychhopeful123, you da bomb :oops:
for real though, everybody here deserves some major props for getting through this in one piece...reading about all the stuff that other people are going through really makes you appreciate everything a bit more

i'm still hopin' we'll be workin' together next year...then we can go out and order some chicken tender salad to celebrate :p

Who says we're all in one piece :laugh: just kidding ... I'm sort of jealous that I haven't met TKJ!

Hello all,
I have been following this site for a few months now and I love it! This is my 3rd time applying and I wish I had known you all were here the past two times! I have been so encouraged by your posts both good and bad. Happily I was accepted to 4 programs so far this year and am waiting on one last one to see where I will be going next year.
P.S. Congrats to you all and yes, NO MORE GRE's!!

Hello all,
I have been following this site for a few months now and I love it! This is my 3rd time applying and I wish I had known you all were here the past two times! I have been so encouraged by your posts both good and bad. Happily I was accepted to 4 programs so far this year and am waiting on one last one to see where I will be going next year.
P.S. Congrats to you all and yes, NO MORE GRE's!!

Congratulations, I'm sure you deserve it! Would you mind sharing with the rest of the board where you got accepted?

Is there anyone on this list who has either
a) gotten in to temple
b) gotten waitlisted at Temple
c) elected to go to Temple...

I heard a lot of interview invites, but not much about acceptance

I was waitlisted (high alternate), but withdrew my application shortly after the announcement.

Is there anyone on this list who has either
a) gotten in to temple
b) gotten waitlisted at Temple
c) elected to go to Temple...

I heard a lot of interview invites, but not much about acceptance

i'm waiting (as patiently as possible) for temple (high alternate).

I've decided...UMASS Amherst School Psych phd, anyone else heading to amherst?

Hi LaLuna123,
I was accepted to Penn State (Counselor Education), Indiana St.(Counseling Psych), Univ. of Southern Miss (Counseling Psych), and Boston College (Counseling Psych). Congratulations to you too!

amy203..have you posted where you are going? id love to hear..as we were supposed to meet in minnesota!! :)

Congrats Ella!!!!

I still have dreams about having to take the GRE again! It is so fantastic to wake up and remember that I will never have to study geometry again!

I had no doubts about tkj's great personality :). I've been trying to keep up with everyone's progress through the application cycle and hadn't heard any news from him on this forum for a while. I was giving you crap more than anything, tkj :laugh:. I'm very glad you have an offer your really excited about. It is kinda funny how your ranking of schools changes once you visit them! Well, good luck to you with your final decision. I'm sure that you'll do great wherever you choose to go,

Melinda

I'm off to Washington University in St. Louis, neuropsychology track!! :D :D

I'm super excited, although St. Louis will probably be a bit different from living in the San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, and DC up until now :)

LadyInRed-
Congrats on Wash U...they have a great program & beautiful campus. I ended up debating between UNC and Wash U. I mainly ended up going with UNC because the location was better for my bf & closer to family. I did check out the weather in St. Louis though & apparently its not that snowy. At the interviews they said they were having unuhsualy cold weather...its looks like they weren't lying. In any case, enjoy the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.