2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TCIrish: Not trying to call you out dude...just making sure this thing is updated!

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota
Texas Tech: Falco2525
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25).
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I also got a Michigan interview - it was a auto interview so it just said "Interview Granted" on the status page.

-----
-----
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25).
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie, ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
-----
-----
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom (Internet app status pg, then phone), Y_Marker
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Falco2525

confused48 said:
Yes, but the cut off are not clear. Some have high MCAT's and less high GPA's whereas some have high GPA's and good but less spectacular MCAT's--so it seems to be a combo.

I have neither high MCAT score or GPA... so I'm really curious to know what the cut-off is.

-----
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Make sure you keep replying to the most updated post so people's additions don't get lost! ;)

modelslashactor said:
i think everyone with a mich int at this point got the invite automatically. The cutoff is something like 36 and 3.85 for OOS. So, you are right, they do go for the big mcats.

Hmm, couldn't have been 3.85 since I have a 3.84. :confused:

i guessed on the numbers. grats on your interview!

I'm an instater with a 3.75 Overall, 3.86 BCPM, 35 MCAT. Didn't receive auto-interview from Michigan. Looks like the cutoff is above those it seems.

Someone add ABSOLUTsher to the interview list for Pitt. Please.
Congrats, Sher. When you get other interviews, you should post here. We've been talking about Pitt at length 'round here. :)

me too!
booswim542 said:
-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Make sure you keep replying to the most updated post so people's additions don't get lost! ;)

-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher.

-----

Acceptances:

*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included, also if you're EDP.
-----

-----
-----

-----
University of Miami: pathognomonic (OOS)
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
-----

Kindly keep me up:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the dubious honor of posting 2 "got rejected because I can't read" schools.

University of Tennessee - guess I missed the part where they said OOS is only cool if your parents are alumni

University of Miami - they truly mean min. GPA 3.2 and min MCAT 24. Rejected instate with a 3.19 and a 34. :rolleyes:

patho, that sucks!! I'm sure you have other good apps out there. Thanks for the warning. I'll add you to the above list. :luck:

-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
University of Miami: pathognomonic (OOS)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

Congrats on Pitt, Homer Simpson!! :laugh: that is a funny sentence.

Guys, remember to put the school name(s) you're adding to in the TITLE of your post so we know where to look! :)

NICE, Homer. Also if someone pulls from an old list accidentally, it helps us to track who added what, when. :)

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be posting to the other categories soon. :)

Oops, sorry Jackie! I fixed it.

jackieMD2007 said:
Congrats on Pitt, Homer Simpson!! :laugh: that is a funny sentence.

Guys, remember to put the school name(s) you're adding to in the TITLE of your post so we know where to look! :)

Actually I was instate for Miami. Can I fix that, or only the original poster?

-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
University of Miami: pathognomonic
-----
Kindly keep me up:

The people with Chicago and GW interviews, how were you notified?

Someone please tell me it's still early. All these people starting to get interviews is making me nervous.

-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
-----
Kindly keep me up:

musiclink213 said:
Someone please tell me it's still early. All these people starting to get interviews is making me nervous.

It's still early. :)

all: When You Make A Change, Note It In The Title! Otherwise We Don't Know What You Did!! Thank You!!! :)

-----
-----
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

remo, if you don't ask me minding, was wake pre-secondary?

Robizzle said:
remo, if you don't ask me minding, was wake pre-secondary?

Yes

Falco.... are you going to post on the SDN interview feedback boards??

And everyone else... let's not forget to post there for other's reference!!!

WannaDoc said:
Falco.... are you going to post on the SDN interview feedback boards??

And everyone else... let's not forget to post there for other's reference!!!

Yes I will...just have to find it...Good luck evry1

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26)

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26)
-----
Kindly keep me up:

I feel left out! I wanna get rejected by Wake Forest too. Is it too late to apply?

Falco, delete the QUOTE tags, at the beginning and end. Be careful to not delete any extra brackets.

They look like
said:
and [/ QUOTE]

Okay?

jackieMD2007 said:
Falco, delete the QUOTE tags, at the beginning and end. Be careful to not delete any extra brackets.

They look like
said:
and [/ QUOTE]

Okay?

I wondered how to do that...thanks! Much better.

hlchess said:
The people with Chicago and GW interviews, how were you notified?

hi hlchess, they notified me by e-mail

-----
-----
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email)
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525

-----

Acceptances:

-----
-----
-----

-----
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
-----
Kindly keep me up:

remo said:
remo, what was your breakdown on the MCAT if you don't mind me asking? I don't understand how Wake could reject you while Pitt offers you an interview??!!

thewarehouse said:
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email)

Congrats warehouse! If you don't mind my asking, are you file complete with Chicago? If so, when was that done?

Thanks for info!

danjo said:
Congrats warehouse! If you don't mind my asking, are you file complete with Chicago? If so, when was that done?

Thanks for info!

Thanks! I received an email saying my file was complete on the 21st. By the looks of the interview email, they read through my app and the letters before making a decision today. Good Luck! :luck:

Doesn't look good for me then, I was complete at Pritzker on the 19th. I hope they don't send me the rejection letter already. :scared:

thewarehouse said:
Thanks! I received an email saying my file was complete on the 21st. By the looks of the interview email, they read through my app and the letters before making a decision today. Good Luck! :luck:

Thanks! I am working diligently on getting those LORs out! I hope the Naval Academy mail system isn't too slow!

jackieMD2007 said:
Doesn't look good for me then, I was complete at Pritzker on the 19th. I hope they don't send me the rejection letter already. :scared:

Hang in there sweetie! It's still very early in the process! They may be looking for very specific things at this point in the game.

PittMedicine said:
remo, what was your breakdown on the MCAT if you don't mind me asking? I don't understand how Wake could reject you while Pitt offers you an interview??!!

35M (11P, 11V, 13B) but I'm a non-trad and maybe Wake doesn't like non-trads!

PittMedicine said:

Pitt, if you have Q's about someone's stats, PM them okay? Instead of calling them out on their stats, let's try to just leave it. If people want to share when they post, then they want to share. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.