-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 OHSU Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
happy 150th birthday oregon! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2
202781
HAPPY BIRTHdAY OREGON!!!
brings me back to 5th grade
brings me back to 5th grade
hope you don't die of dysenterytime to celebrate by booting up the Oregon Trail game. yeah you know what i'm talking about!

time to celebrate by booting up the Oregon Trail game. yeah you know what i'm talking about!
Watch out when you cross the rivers...they can be dangerous!
I love that game.
2
202781
I just got a letter from OHSU saying they need more info for my financial aid. but I have not been accepted yet. does anybody know what this means?
Watch out when you cross the rivers...they can be dangerous!
I love that game.
also! never overhunt buffalo, because it's impossible to carry all the meat on your wagon. 😛
also! never overhunt buffalo, because it's impossible to carry all the meat on your wagon. 😛
Oh but they taste so good!
I just got a letter from OHSU saying they need more info for my financial aid. but I have not been accepted yet. does anybody know what this means?
I got an e-mail regarding financial aid from them but it specifically said that receiving the e-mail was not an indication of being accepted. Did your letter say anything like that? If not, call the office and see what its about.
2
202781
I got an e-mail regarding financial aid from them but it specifically said that receiving the e-mail was not an indication of being accepted. Did your letter say anything like that? If not, call the office and see what its about.
Ohh, I dont actually know. It was sent to my house while I was away and my parents opened it up and told me over the phone about what the letter said. I am sure they were skimming over the letter so they prolly missed that part
Oh but they taste so good!
haha. and always start out as the banker!
2
202781
Ode to OHSU
4:21am on a Monday morning
Tonight I could not sleep
from OHSU I have heard no peep
Why cant you tell me your decision
was my interview in need of revision
I am so tired I just want to know
to which med school I will go
It has been almost 2 months and still no word
oh my god I just shot a bird
So please spare my avian friends
and tell me when will the madness end
4:21am on a Monday morning
Tonight I could not sleep
from OHSU I have heard no peep
Why cant you tell me your decision
was my interview in need of revision
I am so tired I just want to know
to which med school I will go
It has been almost 2 months and still no word
oh my god I just shot a bird
So please spare my avian friends
and tell me when will the madness end
Ode to OHSU
4:21am on a Monday morning
Tonight I could not sleep
from OHSU I have heard no peep
Why cant you tell me your decision
was my interview in need of revision
I am so tired I just want to know
to which med school I will go
It has been almost 2 months and still no word
oh my god I just shot a bird
So please spare my avian friends
and tell me when will the madness end
If it makes you feel any better I am waiting to hear back...but I'm pretty sure I won't be going. So if I get in that's one more spot open.
Oh and nice poem. As least you have a fallback option 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2
202781
Well I have gotten into some other schools so I can spare the world any sort of published poetry...If it makes you feel any better I am waiting to hear back...but I'm pretty sure I won't be going. So if I get in that's one more spot open.
Oh and nice poem. As least you have a fallback option 🙂
I would just like to have a hometown option
Well I have gotten into some other schools so I can spare the world any sort of published poetry...
I would just like to have a hometown option
When did you interview? I haven't heard back yet, either...
2
202781
When did you interview? I haven't heard back yet, either...
At the end of december
At the end of december
Were you with me on the 31st?
2
202781
yes i was!
yes i was!
Well if you end up going to USC I may see you again.
Though I am hoping to get off the waitlist UCSD...if I don't I'll be at USC though.
2
202781
Well if you end up going to USC I may see you again.
Though I am hoping to get off the waitlist UCSD...if I don't I'll be at USC though.
That is awesome that you got to even interview at UCSD, I hear that school is off the chain. The only bad part about USC was the price.
I think I will end up at USC (75% sure). I am just waiting to see if OHSU will cost significantly, significantly less.
That is awesome that you got to even interview at UCSD, I hear that school is off the chain. The only bad part about USC was the price.
I think I will end up at USC (75% sure). I am just waiting to see if OHSU will cost significantly, significantly less.
my feelings exactly..I really liked USC except for the price (well and the location is slightly less than ideal).
UCSD is very beautiful and significantly less expensive, especially if I establish residency after a year. They accept a decent number off the waitlist (like 40-80) so I think I have an okay chance. They also take pride in their research and I have a strong research background, which I think helps.
OHSU med school class of 2013 facebook page
come say hi
come say hi
INTERVIEW! yay!
congratz ballerina 👍! is OHSU a top choice for you?
um...YES. so here's hoping...
um...YES. so here's hoping...
Congrats! When were you complete and are you in-state or out-of -state? I'm OOS, complete Dec. 9th and still crossing my fingers really, really hard for an interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete and are you in-state or out-of -state? I'm OOS, complete Dec. 9th and still crossing my fingers really, really hard for an interview!
mm i was complete late september, so this has really been an exercise in patience. I'm out of state too, but I'm applying for the MD/MPH. Anyone heading to Portland March 4??
OHSU...where art thou.
Does anyone know of anyone else who actually got a rejection post interview? During my interview they said its about the same percentage of people who get accepted but now that I think about it, I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a straight up rejection from this school. Just kind of curious since being in this "hold pool" has allowed my mind ample time to wander...haha.
I dunno, but I think there's a lot more people out there than you think with rejections, I got to talk to the director of admissons actually and my impression was that the numerical system they use for the early accepts/early rejects is pretty solid.
I know I wouldn't post if I got an early reject... just me though.
I know I wouldn't post if I got an early reject... just me though.
I dunno, but I think there's a lot more people out there than you think with rejections, I got to talk to the director of admissons actually and my impression was that the numerical system they use for the early accepts/early rejects is pretty solid.
I know I wouldn't post if I got an early reject... just me though.
Yeah, I don't think people are gonna be excited to tell the world they got rejected post-interview. djy did they tell you via email or a phone call?
2
202781
Has anyone who interviewed on Dec. 31st called to find out their status?
Yeah, I don't think people are gonna be excited to tell the world they got rejected post-interview. djy did they tell you via email or a phone call?
I actually called in because I was getting impatient and found out that I got in over the phone! Pretty crazy huh? I think I might've shouted initially, I don't really quite remember, it was all a blur. I also got the email 2 days later (2/13/09).
Good luck CRB, you need to get a ball team going at OHSU! 🙂
Interview, yes!!!
2
202781
WHY
WHY
WHY!!!!
It is hard when I could literally hit a golf ball over to OHSU and they still have not told me if I am rejected or not yet!!
UGG...
Makes me want to go hit a golf ball at OHSU
WHY
WHY!!!!
It is hard when I could literally hit a golf ball over to OHSU and they still have not told me if I am rejected or not yet!!
UGG...
Makes me want to go hit a golf ball at OHSU
I actually called in because I was getting impatient and found out that I got in over the phone! Pretty crazy huh? I think I might've shouted initially, I don't really quite remember, it was all a blur. I also got the email 2 days later (2/13/09).
Good luck CRB, you need to get a ball team going at OHSU! 🙂
Haha. Maybe I should just call...Unfortunately, I don't think I will have the honor of being accepted outright so maybe I should sit tight and wait for my waitlist number.
How do IM's work? separated by class? I went to the Blazers game tonight actually. Man I wish i was half as good as Brandon Roy. I need to perfect that mid-range pull up jumper!
court's gone bro 🙁
Don't panic, there are other courts at the student center on campus. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't panic, there are other courts at the student center on campus. 😉
URHere, do you know if they've stopped interviewing for MD/PhD yet?
mm i was complete late september, so this has really been an exercise in patience. I'm out of state too, but I'm applying for the MD/MPH. Anyone heading to Portland March 4??
I am! I'm interviewing for the MD/PhD program.🙂
I am! I'm interviewing for the MD/PhD program.🙂
yay march 4! only about a week. you can't miss me, i'm blonde. btw...just by your user id, do you speak french??
URHere, do you know if they've stopped interviewing for MD/PhD yet?
Interviews are still going, at least through March!
I am! I'm interviewing for the MD/PhD program.🙂
I'll meet you on the 4th then, at the MD/PhD Journal Club!
yay march 4! only about a week. you can't miss me, i'm blonde. btw...just by your user id, do you speak french??
not fluently but i was a french minor and i'm hoping to be fluent...someday...🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 223K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K