2008-2009 UCSF Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm in too!
i'm in san francisco. package in the mail. :D

Members don't see this ad.

:thumbup: Congraaaaaaaats to both of you! Must be so exciting to be accepted!

It's good to know that there are some movements with WL. I live in the bay area too and can't wait to go home and check my mail box! (I tried not to be so obsessive and check the mail every day :laugh:)

Bobdogsam43: Just curious... If I am reading your post correctly, you were accepted straight from the High Priority List and NOT an alternate list?

:thumbup: Congraaaaaaaats to both of you! Must be so exciting to be accepted!

It's good to know that there are some movements with WL. I live in the bay area too and can't wait to go home and check my mail box! (I tried not to be so obsessive and check the mail every day :laugh:)

Bobdogsam43: Just curious... If I am reading your post correctly, you were accepted straight from the High Priority List and NOT an alternate list?

ahhh my bad.......i should have said alternate list. Thanks for heads up

Members don't see this ad :)
Long time reader... first time poster.

Accepted off alternate list today!

Interviewed 2/23; AL 4/17.

IN !!!!

got it yesterday afternoon and am still bouncing off the walls this morning. see you all in Sept!

and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for peeps still on the AL!!

Got the big fat envelope yesterday. I live in the East Bay, and it looks like I´ll be staying around for a few more years. Hurray for movement off the alternate list early, allowing me to get out of my plans to move all the way out to Cleveland. Damn this feels great.

Congraaaaaaaats!!!

I made this change to the WL Movement Thread:

University of California San Francisco: GeekyJen (WL:?, A:5/20), apple a day (WL:?, A:5/20), Jonnymed (WL:?, A:5/20), hungyendave (WL:?, A:5/20), bobdogsam43 (WL:?, A:5/20)

Add yourself to the Facebook group!

UCSF School of Medicine - Class of 2013

Once you do that, you'll see the link to the google groups. That's been our class chat list, so add yourself to that, too!

Also received the big envelope today. Honored, but UCLA all the way!!!

just FYI for people on the waitlist (cause I know I'd want to know): the acceptance package says we have 2 weeks to reply, so I bet that's about when the next wave of acceptances will go out.

good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So you stayed on a waitlist because you didn't expect an offer to made? Explain to me how in the world that makes sense. You had already been accepted to UCLA, interviewed at UCSF, received a place on the alternate list at UCSF, and it never crossed your mind that you might come off of that waitlist? How about an honest answer?

It's considered extremely rude to stay on a waitlist just for the sake of being able to stroke your ego should you come off of that waitlist. A school makes an offer to you under the pretense that you are interested in attending their school, as evidenced by the fact that you told them as much by accepting the position on their waitlist. Then, when an offer comes you say, "I'm honored, but no thanks." There are MANY people out there holding their breath for an offer and you're making them wait longer just to be "honored." Also, you're hurting UCSF's accetpance statistics just so that you can feel "honored." That shows a great deal of immaturity on your part and believe me when I say that these are the kind of things schools remember.

wow... okay despite being accepted and making a decision by the may 15th date and releasing all my other acceptances and waitlists, I did not want to give up my position at UCSF. it was the only school in which I remained on the waitlist. C;mon we both know it's a great school. I got in, weighed these tough options like everyone in this forum, and chose the school I belonged too. Sound plausible, or you still think it's an ego thing? I said I was honored because I am, period. Believe me receiving their letter did nothing but create more intense decision making.:confused:

Last edited:
So you stayed on a waitlist because you didn't expect an offer to made? Explain to me how in the world that makes sense. You had already been accepted to UCLA, interviewed at UCSF, received a place on the alternate list at UCSF, and it never crossed your mind that you might come off of that waitlist? How about an honest answer?

It's considered extremely rude to stay on a waitlist just for the sake of being able to stroke your ego should you come off of that waitlist. A school makes an offer to you under the pretense that you are interested in attending their school, as evidenced by the fact that you told them as much by accepting the position on their waitlist. Then, when an offer comes you say, "I'm honored, but no thanks." There are MANY people out there holding their breath for an offer and you're making them wait longer just to be "honored." Also, you're hurting UCSF's accetpance statistics just so that you can feel "honored." That shows a great deal of immaturity on your part and believe me when I say that these are the kind of things schools remember.

i'll stay out of this but there's really no need to jump down someone's throat based on a 12 word post. Everyone is heading to a good school. Besides, your response is filled with ALOT of inferences that really have no factual basis. Let's all be happy :)

i'll stay out of this but there's really no need to jump down someone's throat based on a 10 word post. Everyone is heading to a good school. Besides, your response is filled with ALOT of inferences that really have no factual basis. Let's all be happy :)

thanks for that.

Seriously?? Are you kidding me? I would have done the exact same thing as Vmack. Take chill pill and relax buddy.

I just got my packet today (though dated the 19th). Wow it takes a long time for these things to come to the East Coast/Boston!

So we don't have to pay for a separate health insurance policy at UCSF do we? From what I've read on the website (ooh, it changed!) it looks like we don't pay anything extra for insurance.

Insurance is included, but can be waived. Don't think it's free, though.

And congrats everyone who got off the waitlist!

Insurance is included, but can be waived. Don't think it's free, though.

And congrats everyone who got off the waitlist!
but is it included in our tuition/fees? I am just wondering if we have to pay anything separate from those for the insurance. I couldn't find anything on the web about it. Thanks!

I believe if you don't waive it, then it will be included in the tuition/fee statement each quarter. I believe there's a pdf on the details of the insurance policies somewhere on the website...

i got into UCSF!! just call a phone call today :) i was on the alternate list. look forward to seeing everybody there.

Status
Not open for further replies.