2008 VCU/MCV Central

Started by caliboy07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any insight on this is welcome. my status just got updated right now. does this mean i have a shot at the february batch?

Back in the December acceptances there was one SDNer that was notified that he/she was reviewed on the 13th and was accepted the next day. So I would say yes you have a shot at the February batch.🙂
 
I just got a status update last night saying that my file has been reviewed and put on hold for action at a later date. By later date I hope they mean today!

8 hours to go.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a status update two days ago stating that I was invited for an interview. My initial status had been the message using the wording "would like to consider your application further" (or something very close to that).

I had pretty much all but given up on ever seeing a change in my status. Hopefully some of you guys are in the same boat and will receive an update soon. I am currently waitlisted at EVMS so this definitely helped raise my spirits a little.

Best of luck.
 
I'm saying a collective prayer for all of us out there in SDN cyberspace. Good luck tonight guys.
 
good luck everybody! my initial excitement just passed. last cycle i went through two of these batches without any news, and it hurt. i don't want to put my hopes up like that again.
 
good luck everybody! my initial excitement just passed. last cycle i went through two of these batches without any news, and it hurt. i don't want to put my hopes up like that again.

Yeah...I'm not excited or nervous this time. But good luck to the SDN crew!:luck:
 
Hey everyone,

Good luck with decisions today....I was hoping work would be busy today so I wouldn't have to think about VCU's decisions possibly coming out. Alas i am thwarted b/c i have so much time on my hands, i don't want to obsessively check my status page.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted last year.....this year I'm in!!!!!!!! Best of luck to everyone else waiting........
 
no news here either. i'm not holding out hope for VCU though....I'm sure it'll be a waitlist and eventual rejection🙁
 
Congrats to all, I just checked my app status website and its an "Acceptance"
but no email update


Good luck to all
 
I felt like on Dec 14th there were a ton of ppl who got acceptances...but how come theres only like two this time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they always send you an email stating that the status has changed or do you need to take it upon yourself to see if the status has changed?
 
Congratulations guys on all the new acceptances! :banana:

Do they always send you an email stating that the status has changed or do you need to take it upon yourself to see if the status has changed?

They will always e-mail you telling you when there is an update. The e-mail usually comes 24 hours after the actually update though. So you can find out about updates before they notify you.
 
Congratulations guys on all the new acceptances! :banana:



They will always e-mail you telling you when there is an update. The e-mail usually comes 24 hours after the actually update though. So you can find out about updates before they notify you.

I got an email update right when my page was updated with my acceptance on 10/15
 
Congrats to all who got it! I'm interviewing and hope to go there too =)
 
Thanks everyone! 😍 I know waiting is torturous but don’t give up hope…
NKA….you are a champion of the waiting game...glad you got in last year.

I haven’t received an e-mail update yet…only know because I checked the status page.
 
so its official nothing for me 🙁...so I'm guessing probly will be thrown on waitlist
 
No news either. I don't think I can make it till 3/15!
 
I just got an e-mail that my status had changed and when I went to the site all that was new was an interview survey... lame
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry to say that the good news is that there IS March 15th. After that, we are demoted to the third circle of hell where every day, someone MIGHT call....or.....they might not😕
 
Anyone on pre-interview hold hear anything in the last week or so? My suspicion is that free interview slots are few-and-far-between.
 
I'm on the pre-interview list too...I'm gonna try calling tomorrow and see if I can get any info. I'll let you know what I find out! Chances are they won't tell me much...but we'll see 😳