2008 VCU/MCV Central

Started by caliboy07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
most likely, you're going to find out if you're accepted or rejected on march 14 after 6pm. if waitlisted, you'll probably find that out around 2 weeks later.
i actually just got the hold status today (3.13) at about 6pm.
 
is there anyone here that was here last year know if there were people passed in february and got the good news in march?

There's always the chance of getting passed over on one decision date and getting accepted at a later one. You may interview in September and your ranking number might not get called up until March. Getting passed over most definitely doesn't mean the end for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
digiltalnoise if im not wrong. I think he means the hold status that everyone gets after they interview that puts on you hold for a action at a later date 🙂
 
WOOT! Tomorrow this time, our misery will be over either way..I'm gonna get out of my room so I'm not here pressing refresh button every 10 seconds or so.
 
whaaaaaat?! I thought it was march 15th at 6pm...woah...one day off...my mind's reeling...21 hours till we know our fate? Outrageous...work is gonna go by extra slow tomorrow...
 
whaaaaaat?! I thought it was march 15th at 6pm...woah...one day off...my mind's reeling...21 hours till we know our fate? Outrageous...work is gonna go by extra slow tomorrow...

The VCU system updates everything on Friday night around 6pm, so you can check your status then. The email informing you of the status update arrives on Saturday, the 15th, at 6pm.
 
Good Luck to all of you on SDN! I will be thinking of you all. I was in your shoes last year and it sucks,🙁 but don't give up. If not on the 15th, there will be alot of people come off the waitlist. 🙂
 
Three more hours to go! I am not even waiting for me, I got rejected from VCU...my husband really needs an acceptance at this point and it would be great to be close (me at UVA, him at VCU)...I don't know how I can get through the next three hours!!!! Please, med school gods, please let us at least be together in the same state, please let him get an acceptance so he can finally know he is for sure going to be a doctor....OH PLEASE!!!

Sorry for the rant. No sleep, no breakfast, sucky job, I'm going nuts! Good luck to you guys, I am rooting for you all!:luck::luck::luck:
 
Zendoc, my boyfriend and I are in the same boat. He got accepted at UVA and I'm waiting to hear from VCU. Maybe if what you're hoping for happens for the both of us, we can arrange carpools to visit our significant others? Good luck!!!
 
As they said on those old Bond movies... T-minus 2 hours and cooouuuunnnttttiiinnnggg!!!!

Good luck everyone!

:luck::luck::luck:
 
Zendoc, my boyfriend and I are in the same boat. He got accepted at UVA and I'm waiting to hear from VCU. Maybe if what you're hoping for happens for the both of us, we can arrange carpools to visit our significant others? Good luck!!!

Aw, that would be awesome! I wish you so much luck!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man, im freaking out again! I forgot it was 6pm EST, thus 3pm PST...I find out in an hour? Man...I am NOT gonna be able to do anthing at work. :scared:
 
Nothing here either. Still have that "hold" message about acceptances being handed out Oct 15, dec 15, feb1 and march 15. 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing yet. damn. Do you guys feel like your stomach is in your throat too?
 
Nothing yet. damn. Do you guys feel like your stomach is in your throat too?
I'm pretty sure my stomach -is- in my throat, and the pool of vomit on my desk is pretty solid confirmation (hehe...jk 🙄)

I dont know, but it doesnt seem too likely that all of us here were waitlisted...tomorrow then?:scared:
 
Am I destined to just sit here for the rest of my work day pressing the refresh button on my browser? If anyone gets any change today, please post to put me out of my misery...
 
How accurate is your information? 😎

This is what they have done in the past. The 2 weeks-ish for waitlist thing I have also heard (from interview and conversations with admissions).

With past acceptance groups they have let them know the last weekday before the date if it was on a weekend like Mar. 15th is...This could have changed though...let's wait and see.
 
I'm pretty sure my stomach -is- in my throat, and the pool of vomit on my desk is pretty solid confirmation (hehe...jk 🙄)

I dont know, but it doesnt seem too likely that all of us here were waitlisted...tomorrow then?:scared:

Hee hee. I like the way you think my friend...
 
I got placed on the waillist on Feb 1. Do you guys know when people im my situation find out if we are accepted/rejected?
Do I also hear back right now?

I called VCU and asked them these questions and the woman gave me the most confusing answer

Gluck everyone!!!
 
I got placed on the waillist on Feb 1. Do you guys know when people im my situation find out if we are accepted/rejected?
Do I also hear back right now?

I called VCU and asked them these questions and the woman gave me the most confusing answer

Gluck everyone!!!

wait so ur actually waitlisted? or did you get the "hold" message? i thought we dont hear about the waitlist until mid March?
 
My status has been updated, I got accepted!









just kidding. i don't think anything will change today, but i'll keep pressing F5 anyway
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn. I've been done at work for 21 minutes...but I keep staying thinking they'll update. If I leave now though, I won't have access to a computer for another hour and a half or so...

Heh, someone want to shoot me a text if they hear anything on the message boards? 😛 After all, it is friday afternoon and i want to go home.
 
Damn. I've been done at work for 21 minutes...but I keep staying thinking they'll update. If I leave now though, I won't have access to a computer for another hour and a half or so...

Heh, someone want to shoot me a text if they hear anything on the message boards? 😛 After all, it is friday afternoon and i want to go home.

Dude, I'll be glued to the boards until 5pm PST. PM your number and I'll text you if I hear anything.