Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude, I'll be glued to the boards until 5pm PST. PM your number and I'll text you if I hear anything.
Thanks Zen, I PM'd you my number, but I have quite summoned the will-power to get out of my seat yet.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dude, I'll be glued to the boards until 5pm PST. PM your number and I'll text you if I hear anything.
Thanks Zen, I PM'd you my number, but I have quite summoned the will-power to get out of my seat yet.
ahhh i got in!!!! best of luck everyone![]()
ahhh i got in!!!! best of luck everyone![]()
My message has not changed either. I've never posted before, but I assume its good for everyone else to hear that I haven't heard anything either - makes it seem more likely that they haven't updated the system.
Godspeed. 🙂Alright, I'm up and out of here for now...good luck people, I'll check back in later. 👍
man ive been officially waitlisted at 4 out of 4 schools that i interviewed 🙄

While that's true and gives me some hope, two people on here HAVE heard.
Congrats you two, btw!!!
That being said, looks like the rest of us might be getting the big WL.
you know, in the MCAT forum I get to post-hold people for posting false score reports...Who is the second person? I only see one and then one fake out on the previous page (kinda mean by the way, I'm very fragile here...)
I need hope still

I see what you are saying Zendoc. I don't think VCU has sent the update yet, but I'm trying to stay positive.
I checked the website around 6:15 🙂 I think i'm still in shock....
Good luck to all of you waiting...maybe they are sending out more acceptances later tonight?


if not today then 2 more months of waiting??!?When I actually had my interview, it looked as if all OOSers (except one girl from California who actually got her Master's at VCU) were waitlisted and then were accepted after may 15. So I'm sure for those of you who want it bad, you can get in off the waitlist. Good luck![]()
if not today then 2 more months of waiting??!?
I still have hold message also. But I dont think that is your decision. Because the last paragraph on the "hold" says that the next status update will be an acceptance, rejection, or waiting list. So you aren't permanently on hold 😉
So its just a matter of time before they change it to their decision. I was really hoping it would've been this afternoon. but it's 9p here in Richmond, and still nothing. I'm assuming they are probably not going to do it. But I am still confused how they will do it on a Saturday when they are not in the office. Hmmmm
this is what we were told in February as well. she commented that she was about on track with percentage of in-state vs out-of-state admissions already given going into the last round of decisions.when i interviewed in early march, the dean told us they only admit 25% of the class at each date so that late applicants are not disadvantaged... whether thats true or not, who knows
03/11/2008
The wait list for the VCU School of Medicine class entering in August 2008 will be formulated over the next 10 days. If you do not gain acceptance on March 15 and have not been notified of your application being no longer considered, please monitor your status on the website.
So some people will also get rejected today? Am I reading that right? eeek.
In theory people could get rejected. From what I've read they use a priority score cutoff for the waitlist (which I guess most people get on) and reject the people below it.
And (from reading last year's thread) I guess VCU doesn't tell you your waitlist rank. That sucks a big one and throws a major wrench into my planning for the summer. Maybe I can convince Dr. WC to give me a hint...
accepted! (in state)
good luck to everyone still waiting. . .![]()
but the hold change to acceptance i thought changed in the 15th. the other holds changed LATER to WL or reject. Atleast, that's what I thought.
03/11/2008
The wait list for the VCU School of Medicine class entering in August 2008 will be formulated over the next 10 days. If you do not gain acceptance on March 15 and have not been notified of your application being no longer considered, please monitor your status on the website.
So some people will also get rejected today? Am I reading that right? eeek.
In theory people could get rejected. From what I've read they use a priority score cutoff for the waitlist (which I guess most people get on) and reject the people below it.
And (from reading last year's thread) I guess VCU doesn't tell you your waitlist rank. That sucks a big one and throws a major wrench into my planning for the summer. Maybe I can convince Dr. WC to give me a hint...
So congratulations to those accepted:
I hope that helps clear this up.

to everyoneBased on your priority score 2 waitlists will be made: An Instate one and an out of state one. They will be ranked based on priority score w/ UG GPA being the first tie breaker and MCAT being the second.
.
I think what was meant is that the priority score given to you after your interview (ALL factors considered) carries over to the waitlist. For waitlisted people with identical priority scores, the person with the highest GPA gets preference (and if their GPA is the same, MCAT scores set the difference)So they dont take into consideration any other factors other than GPA and MCAT for your priorirty score?
I think what was meant is that the priority score given to you after your interview (ALL factors considered) carries over to the waitlist. For waitlisted people with identical priority scores, the person with the highest GPA gets preference (and if their GPA is the same, MCAT scores set the difference)
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.