-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Grad School Interview Invite Thread!
Started by futureapppsy2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
To those who got drexel invites, how did you get them (phone?) and who was your POI?
I would also like to know. I've only seen one person post re Drexel.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also like to know. I've only seen one person post re Drexel.
guessing there was only one so far, considering the odds of even getting an invite, as talented and intelligent as you all are (not kidding) the shear number of people applying alone skews everything away from our favor...
.
Last edited:
Is anyone else totally freaked out by the UGA email that was just sent out?? They sent an email saying that the person we will be staying with over the interview weekend will be contacting us in the next week.... and it was sent to 45 people!! I know that I am a very competitive candidate, but I am totoally freaking out! 

Hey All,
I have not heard anything from programs I applied to that had a Dec. 1 deadline, except my application is complete. Should I be concerned? Has anyone who applied to neuro-oriented tracks of programs with a Dec. 1 deadline heard anything?
I have not heard anything from programs I applied to that had a Dec. 1 deadline, except my application is complete. Should I be concerned? Has anyone who applied to neuro-oriented tracks of programs with a Dec. 1 deadline heard anything?
I wouldn't be worried. I have 4 schools that had a December first deadline and I have only heard back from one; to top it off, 2 of them aren't on this list.
Lots of schools take forever. If your school isn't on the list, or you contact the individuals who received invites and their pois dont match yours, I really would not be worried.
Lots of schools take forever. If your school isn't on the list, or you contact the individuals who received invites and their pois dont match yours, I really would not be worried.
anyone else get the feel of dreariness today... was a dark and dreary day, makes me feel like reading something from E A Poe... just thinking about today gives me the chills...
OK, sounds great. Thanks for your quick reply!
Well, I think we can all take the weekend off to stop freaking out about interviews... that is, until we see the updated list tonight.
Anyone hear anything from UMichigan, Ann Arbor? I noticed someone (Biopsych) on gradcafe got an interview.
anyone else get the feel of dreariness today... was a dark and dreary day, makes me feel like reading something from E A Poe... just thinking about today gives me the chills...
Even though none of my schools is on the board yet and according to past history the earliest any of them contact interviewees is next week, I still feel this way. Very Dreary. The weather does not help.
I've been offered one interview and none of my other schools are on the list yet. I don't anticipate hearing from them until the end of this month which will be after my 1st interview has already happened. I am holding off the worries until then. I need to focus on my interview prep which I may start freaking out about soon. Ha. On a happy note, my abstract was accepted to the MPA conference. Yay!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been offered one interview and none of my other schools are on the list yet. I don't anticipate hearing from them until the end of this month which will be after my 1st interview has already happened. I am holding off the worries until then. I need to focus on my interview prep which I may start freaking out about soon. Ha. On a happy note, my abstract was accepted to the MPA conference. Yay!
congrats mate! I got similar good news my abstract to the American academy of neurology just got accepted too... Nice 7 day trip on the governments dime 🙂... Hmm I should prepare for my end of the monther too
I've been offered one interview and none of my other schools are on the list yet. I don't anticipate hearing from them until the end of this month which will be after my 1st interview has already happened. I am holding off the worries until then. I need to focus on my interview prep which I may start freaking out about soon. Ha. On a happy note, my abstract was accepted to the MPA conference. Yay!
We lead eerily similar lives. Congrats on teh interview and poster acceptance! Maybe I'll see you at MPA : )
Updated! Congrats to all!
As for me, I had an very lousy week in general made substantially better by an interview invite. 🙂
As for me, I had an very lousy week in general made substantially better by an interview invite. 🙂
Last edited:
Updated! Congrats to all!
As for me, I had an very lousy week in general made substantial better by an interview invite. 🙂
Congrats!
Added invite info (received 1/7, not today). Also, anonymous info that at least one of the Emory POIs has started making calls.
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
Last edited:
Question: I feel honor-bound to continue this thread if you all find it helpful.... So, do you?
Absolutely! It's obvious that you're putting a lot of hard work into this! Let me know if you need any help with anything.
Added invite info (received 1/7, not today). Also, anonymous info that at least one of the Emory POIs has started making calls.
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
Immensely.
Here is an interesting article, may be more humanities oriented but interesting nonetheless (someone posted it on gradcafe):
How Does Your Admissions Committee Process Applications?
http://chronicle.com/forums/index.php/topic,45917.0.html
Hey all,
In case anyone doesn't know, there's an interview feedback site through SDN. It's really helpful info where applicants can anonymously post about their interview experiences at various programs. That being said, since interviews are starting up, post on your interview experience if you're comfortable doing so. It will be really valuable for future applicants along with applicants this year that have alternative interview dates to you. I found it to be helpful for my interview!
** Here is the link to the interview feedback site http://more.studentdoctor.net/schoollist.php?type=7
Futureapp, this thread is definitely helpful! If its getting too overwhelming, let us know and one of us would be willing to help!
Good luck to all as well! It's so sad but I am now starting to dread the weekends since it tends to be quiet on the interview invites!
In case anyone doesn't know, there's an interview feedback site through SDN. It's really helpful info where applicants can anonymously post about their interview experiences at various programs. That being said, since interviews are starting up, post on your interview experience if you're comfortable doing so. It will be really valuable for future applicants along with applicants this year that have alternative interview dates to you. I found it to be helpful for my interview!
** Here is the link to the interview feedback site http://more.studentdoctor.net/schoollist.php?type=7
Futureapp, this thread is definitely helpful! If its getting too overwhelming, let us know and one of us would be willing to help!
Good luck to all as well! It's so sad but I am now starting to dread the weekends since it tends to be quiet on the interview invites!
Added invite info (received 1/7, not today). Also, anonymous info that at least one of the Emory POIs has started making calls.
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
Yes. You are awesome for doing this!
Added invite info (received 1/7, not today). Also, anonymous info that at least one of the Emory POIs has started making calls.
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
It's awesome, I check it every day (often multiple times, because I'm cool)
If anyone else was wondering, based on last years interview invite thread dates:
-Just under 2/3's of programs (66%) held their interviews on Friday or Saturday
-31% held their interviews on Monday or Tuesday; of the schools that did this, about half (47%; 15% of the total) also offered Friday dates (not double-counted above)
-3% held interviews on Wednesday.
-Just under 2/3's of programs (66%) held their interviews on Friday or Saturday
-31% held their interviews on Monday or Tuesday; of the schools that did this, about half (47%; 15% of the total) also offered Friday dates (not double-counted above)
-3% held interviews on Wednesday.
Added invite info (received 1/7, not today). Also, anonymous info that at least one of the Emory POIs has started making calls.
Question: Do you find this thread helpful?
Definitely helpful!
If you are feeling like it is too overwhelming to continue with the thread, I am happy to copy and paste what you have so far into another thread and take over from here -- just let me know!
Thank you!
Just in case some of you didn't know, GradCafe also has good information on interview invites and later on acceptances/rejections. Because not all applicants use SDN, even though they should. 😉
M
mas810
Hello,
I was just wondering who your POI was for the person who received the Yeshiva invitation. Was it a mass e-mail? If you could please PM me that would be greatly appreciated.
I was just wondering who your POI was for the person who received the Yeshiva invitation. Was it a mass e-mail? If you could please PM me that would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
based on grad cafe admissions, it looks as though Mizzou invites have gone out for Clinical and the interview date will be 2/5
cara susanna, can you insert the link the gradcafe that you mentioned earlier? thanks.
http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/education/10grad.html?ref=education
Recession Spurs Interest in Graduate, Law Schools
le sigh.
Recession Spurs Interest in Graduate, Law Schools
le sigh.
I just saw that earlier today.....expect more to try to get into psych. I'm hoping the economy stinks for another year, so it will start to turn around when I need it. 😀http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/education/10grad.html?ref=education
Recession Spurs Interest in Graduate, Law Schools
le sigh.
Definitely helpful!
If you are feeling like it is too overwhelming to continue with the thread, I am happy to copy and paste what you have so far into another thread and take over from here -- just let me know!
Thank you!
No, no, I like doing it! 🙂 It helps decrease my own anxiety... it's much easier waiting for 100 people's news than just waiting for mine.
Just checking with the others!
Oh, and a poster got an invite to Oregon, but didn't specifiy which program.
Just in case some of you didn't know, GradCafe also has good information on interview invites and later on acceptances/rejections. Because not all applicants use SDN, even though they should. 😉
Trying to steal my devotees, eh? (kidding, kidding 😉 )
Everyone excited for next week? History indicates that things really start to pick up this week and next.
My record thus far is good (1 interview, no rejections, 18 no news), but I can't help but be anxious!
It doesn't help that I just realized that I missed a deadline for one of my schools. I had it marked on my spreadsheets as 1/1, but have since found out that it was 12/15! This after my POI sent me a very encouraging email. Oh well, it wasn't at the top of my list and I expected to mess at least one up!
Good luck in the coming week everyone!
My record thus far is good (1 interview, no rejections, 18 no news), but I can't help but be anxious!
It doesn't help that I just realized that I missed a deadline for one of my schools. I had it marked on my spreadsheets as 1/1, but have since found out that it was 12/15! This after my POI sent me a very encouraging email. Oh well, it wasn't at the top of my list and I expected to mess at least one up!
Good luck in the coming week everyone!

To those who got drexel invites, how did you get them (phone?) and who was your POI?
i'd like to know as well, please. i'm really hoping for something from drexel, so any information would be appreciated! PM me?
Everyone excited for next week? History indicates that things really start to pick up this week and next.
My record thus far is good (1 interview, no rejections, 18 no news), but I can't help but be anxious!
It looks like a lot of the programs I applied to start to pick up in the next 3 weeks as well, so I'm getting a little nervous. Although I'm taking a nice little vacation in a few days so hopefully that should keep my mind off of things.
My record so far (0 interviews, 2 programs with invites already given out, 10 no news)
Everyone excited for next week? History indicates that things really start to pick up this week and next.
My record thus far is good (1 interview, no rejections, 18 no news), but I can't help but be anxious!
It doesn't help that I just realized that I missed a deadline for one of my schools. I had it marked on my spreadsheets as 1/1, but have since found out that it was 12/15! This after my POI sent me a very encouraging email. Oh well, it wasn't at the top of my list and I expected to mess at least one up!
Good luck in the coming week everyone!![]()
Extremely nervous. Next 2 weeks should be exciting and nerve-racking at the same time.
Everyone excited for next week? History indicates that things really start to pick up this week and next.
I'm shaking in my proverbial boots. 🙂
Good luck everyone!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I received a message on Friday (while I was in a meeting) from a DCT at one of my schools. She asked me to call her back, and leave a few times she could call me this coming week so we could "talk." Can anyone share some insight on what to expect? Should I prepare for a first round interview? Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance, and continuing luck to everyone, I know it's stressful!
So, I received a message on Friday (while I was in a meeting) from a DCT at one of my schools. She asked me to call her back, and leave a few times she could call me this coming week so we could "talk." Can anyone share some insight on what to expect? Should I prepare for a first round interview? Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance, and continuing luck to everyone, I know it's stressful!
Sounds like an interview to me! Good luck 👍
So, I received a message on Friday (while I was in a meeting) from a DCT at one of my schools. She asked me to call her back, and leave a few times she could call me this coming week so we could "talk." Can anyone share some insight on what to expect? Should I prepare for a first round interview? Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance, and continuing luck to everyone, I know it's stressful!
I'd say there's a pretty darned good chance you're going to be invited for an in person interview!
Now dish and say what school. 🙂
I
Now dish and say what school. 🙂
Yeah, c'mon lets hear it!
.