2009-2010 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who has already had an interview...the email invite said "I would like to suggest that you bring a pair of comfortable shoes as you will be doing a bit of walking." Are they talking miles or basically the same amount as any other interview? Just trying to decide if I need new non-heel interview shoes. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone who has already had an interview...the email invite said "I would like to suggest that you bring a pair of comfortable shoes as you will be doing a bit of walking." Are they talking miles or basically the same amount as any other interview? Just trying to decide if I need new non-heel interview shoes. Thanks.

Waaaayy more than a regular interview. I was in heels. It was awful. I ended up taking them off and walking around barefoot. :oops: Def. get flats or at least really comfy heels.

Wow, 10 days. That's a quick response. I interviewed this past Friday 1/22.

Hoping for an acceptance. Loved Tulane, I was impressed with the personality of pretty much all of the students I met.

i was there on 1/22 too!

i thought the students seemed really personable and happy. i'm nervous, it was hard to tell how my interviews went.

everything was great except my flight home. i ended up being rerouted to some random town in georgia, bused back to atlanta, staying overnight and then taking another flight home that was also delayed by like 1.5 hours. i was awake for 30 hours and was not happy lol. luckily this didn't happen on the way to the interview!

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, comfortable shoes advised. I was in heels but they were only two inches and I wear them regularly to work, but my interviews were all in different buildings and I got lost trying to find them, making my day way more circuitous (and therefore tougher on my feet) than necessary!!!

Just got my acceptance to Tulane today! Invite 1/6 Interviewed 1/22 Accepted 1/29. It is unbelievable how quick that was.

First time posting, I actually have banned myself from this whoel website because it has made me to anxious in the past!! haha. Anyways, just got accepted to Tulane as well. Interviewed on Monday the 25th, accepted on Thursday the 29th, crazy how quick they are. Still waiting on OHSU in Oregon because I'm a resident. Tulane is definitely my second choice though. (I've waited 6 wks since my OHSU interview and have heard nothing!!! SOOOOO slow)

First time posting, I actually have banned myself from this whoel website because it has made me to anxious in the past!! haha. Anyways, just got accepted to Tulane as well. Interviewed on Monday the 25th, accepted on Thursday the 29th, crazy how quick they are. Still waiting on OHSU in Oregon because I'm a resident. Tulane is definitely my second choice though. (I've waited 6 wks since my OHSU interview and have heard nothing!!! SOOOOO slow)

congratulations! Pacific NW represent (I'm from WA)! I got my acceptance to Tulane on the day my OHSU 2ndary was due...this completely killed my desire to submit the secondary (also, I hadn't written the essays yet!). I love Portland, though. hope you hear some good news from them, but if not we'll see you in NOLA!

Has anyone gotten any more information since they've been accepted? Financial aid, housing, MPH program, etc.

anyone else been complete since nov and have not heard anything back? aka no interview invite/silent rejection =(?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else been complete since nov and have not heard anything back? aka no interview invite/silent rejection =(?

I was complete here in October and haven't heard a word. I have no idea if that indicates a silent rejection or not, but I'm assuming the worst (rejection) from all schools I haven't heard from at this point.

Stay positive! Interviews are still going out. I've been complete here since late september and no news, but it's not a rejection until we have it in writing!!:xf:

I was complete here in October and haven't heard a word. I have no idea if that indicates a silent rejection or not, but I'm assuming the worst (rejection) from all schools I haven't heard from at this point.

I wouldn't write yourself off yet...I heard nothing from Sep/Oct when I was complete all the way until just a couple weeks ago when I got an interview out of the blue and then an acceptance 3 days after that!!! :D So hold on hope!

I wouldn't write yourself off yet...I heard nothing from Sep/Oct when I was complete all the way until just a couple weeks ago when I got an interview out of the blue and then an acceptance 3 days after that!!! :D So hold on hope!

Thanks Kira for your encouragement! I really appreciate that. And congrats to you! That's awesome!

Accepted. Interviewed 2/1 accepted 2/4. Thought my application season was over and had pretty much decided where to go, then along came Tulane to steal my heart! Loved, loved, loved it!

Accepted. Interviewed 2/1 accepted 2/4. Thought my application season was over and had pretty much decided where to go, then along came Tulane to steal my heart! Loved, loved, loved it!

Wow! CONGRATS! That was superfast lol :)

Aw YAY!!! I love hearing posts like these! Congrats!!!

I just moved to New Orleans this week! Hit me up if you are in town living or if you come for an interview, I'll be happy to show you around a little. Congrats to those recent acceptances!

I just moved to New Orleans this week! Hit me up if you are in town living or if you come for an interview, I'll be happy to show you around a little. Congrats to those recent acceptances!

I hope you're partying it up right now after that superbowl win!!

Congrats New Orleans on the Superbowl!! I was rooting for u guys. Wish I could be there tonight :)

How lucky to get an interview for Feb. 8th! This town is flipping out.

Hahaha everyone will be in a good mood (and a bit hung over) so you'll do well. Just talk a lil football

Thanks to you both--it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Wish I was there tonight after the superbowl!

I was saying this on repeat all last night! lol. Jealous of people that are already there!

I'm honestly glad I wasn't in NOLA. I live an hour away and was invited to hang out with a few different people in the French Quarter to watch the game, but it would have been absolutely insane (and kinda dangerous)! Plus, I'm not an NFL person, so what would have been the point?

I don't really care about the NFL, or football at all, but the point was that a team with a long history of sucking - and a team that went into the big game as the underdog - won the Super Bowl! one of the best things about New Orleans is that even if the Saints had lost, last night's celebration probably would've been nearly just as big

anyhow, congratulations to the recent acceptees and good luck today, westcoast! I'm sure they'd love it if you showed up to interview in a Brees jersey...

I just got accepted into Tulane's PSP!! Looks like I have a long road ahead of me...

Congrats on everyone's acceptances!

did anyone who interviewed on or around 1/29 hear anything yet? getting a little paranoid after all these fast acceptances...

did anyone who interviewed on or around 1/29 hear anything yet? getting a little paranoid after all these fast acceptances...

i interviewed on 1/22 and have not heard anything :confused:

Does anyone know when Tulane's financial aid paperwork comes out for 2010-2011?

I interviewed that day too...haven't heard anything. Hopefully this week :xf:

So their website says that their interview season ends in Feb. So if we haven't gotten invites yet, I am assuming the game is over, right???

So their website says that their interview season ends in Feb. So if we haven't gotten invites yet, I am assuming the game is over, right???

My application was actually done here pretty early but what annoys me about some schools too is the fact that their secondary dates are so late, when they only interview like three weeks after it. It does not make sense...I find it very misleading...

My application was actually done here pretty early but what annoys me about some schools too is the fact that their secondary dates are so late, when they only interview like three weeks after it. It does not make sense...I find it very misleading...
You know it has been 8 months since the app was released. Noone makes people wait until the deadline. Just sayin'.

You know it has been 8 months since the app was released. Noone makes people wait until the deadline. Just sayin'.

Right...but I think A TON of people do, and the woman I spoke with said that it was delaying the processing of the apps and going back over apps of people like myself who have been complete since August. With all of these additional apps accumulating merely a month before the last interview day, I feel as though the later deadline may hurt the overall applicant pool in consideration and reconsideration for interviews. Just my opinion...

Right...but I think A TON of people do, and the woman I spoke with said that it was delaying the processing of the apps and going back over apps of people like myself who have been complete since August. With all of these additional apps accumulating merely a month before the last interview day, I feel as though the later deadline may hurt the overall applicant pool in consideration and reconsideration for interviews. Just my opinion...
Nothing I can say but wow I am sorry you have had this gun to your head since August. :(

That's what I'm assuming. I can't imagine that there are any open interview spots left. I'm thinking that if someone cancels an interview, then (and only then) the school will invite someone new.

Hi all. I just found out that I am in the "acceptance range" after a 1/29 interview. I am quite down about it, as Tulane is far and away my first choice. Does anyone know what the chances are to get a spot from this seeming waitlist? Any for getting onto the much more favorable "acceptance" list?

Hi all. I just found out that I am in the "acceptance range" after a 1/29 interview. I am quite down about it, as Tulane is far and away my first choice. Does anyone know what the chances are to get a spot from this seeming waitlist? Any for getting onto the much more favorable "acceptance" list?

I heard someone else got off the acceptance range list by sending updates and interest emails. You could try that

If Tulane is definitely where you want to be...make sure they know it. They love it when applicants let them know Tulane is their first choice with conviction!

How did you find out? email...snail mail...phone call? I interviewed that day too and haven't heard anything.

I called on Friday to check on my application status, and then a few minutes later I received an email with a PDF letter attached. It was dated for Feb. 5th, so it looks like they had it for a while before sending it.

**Thanks to alibai3ah and Cali Anteater for the advice. Perhaps I'll wait until Mardi Gras is over

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who've been accepted, looking forward to meeting you all. I'm considering the HPSP scholarship, and am wondering if anyone else in the c/o 2014 is thinking the same thing. Are there any current HPSP students that can comment about their experiences, size of the HPSP crowd at Tulane, etc.?

Best of luck to those still waiting!

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who've been accepted, looking forward to meeting you all. I'm considering the HPSP scholarship, and am wondering if anyone else in the c/o 2014 is thinking the same thing. Are there any current HPSP students that can comment about their experiences, size of the HPSP crowd at Tulane, etc.?

Best of luck to those still waiting!

What is the HPSP scholarship?

Status
Not open for further replies.