You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****2009 Tmdsas***
Started by Danny289
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey everyone. Just officially gave up my spot at UTDB - Houston. Good luck to all of you!
You rock! 😀
Hopefully, your seat will go to me!!!
Hey everyone. Just officially gave up my spot at UTDB - Houston. Good luck to all of you!
You should give up your spot in San Antonio
just kidding 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should give up your spot in San Antonio
just kidding 🙂
haha oh yeah one of my other friends applied this cycle and is not on the forums but i know he gave up his Houston and Baylor seats, too
I gave up my seat at UTDB earlier last week and received an email from them today confirming my declining of their offer.
Best of luck guys. 🙂
Best of luck guys. 🙂
I called San antonio yesterday and they are all filled up.
🙁 another cycle..
I called San antonio yesterday and they are all filled up.
hi, i've been following this thread for awhile and i also interviewed at san antonio the last interview date jan 12th.
danny-i sat next to you in the conference room directly on your right side 🙂
from the quote above, can you please specify what you mean by 'they are all filled up?' what did they say to you on the phone? any additional info would help a lot....
thanks!
I called San antonio yesterday and they are all filled up.
?
I called Tuesday and they said they still had letters going out over the next two weeks. What exactly did they say?
Last edited:
hi, i've been following this thread for awhile and i also interviewed at san antonio the last interview date jan 12th.
danny-i sat next to you in the conference room directly on your right side 🙂
from the quote above, can you please specify what you mean by 'they are all filled up?' what did they say to you on the phone? any additional info would help a lot....
thanks!
I remember. any good news??
I called Tuesday and they said they still had letters going out over the next two weeks. What exactly did they say?
Yea, what they said was that all the letters had actually been sent out during that first week. I think they were waiting to see if people were going to send in deposits, like that guy who had his deposit due feb. 12. I called on Wednesday, and they said that they had filled up their class for the next year. Wednesday was the first day they filled up. Call them again.
just called San Antonio..bad news..spoke to a gentlemen and he stated that their class is filled. 🙁 he said that letters will go out this coming Tuesday regarding our "official status"..most likely a rejection/waitlist letter...😡
just called San Antonio..bad news..spoke to a gentlemen and he stated that their class is filled. 🙁 he said that letters will go out this coming Tuesday regarding our "official status"..most likely a rejection/waitlist letter...😡
^ you are right, just called. but they didn't tell anything about rejection or something, my status just showed "interviewed". wednsday will be "😀 day "or " 🙁 day "

Yea, what they said was that all the letters had actually been sent out during that first week. I think they were waiting to see if people were going to send in deposits, like that guy who had his deposit due feb. 12. I called on Wednesday, and they said that they had filled up their class for the next year. Wednesday was the first day they filled up. Call them again.
Who had their San Antonio deposit due Feb 12?? I thought he said he needed to RESPOND by Feb 12?? There was nothing about a deposit in my acceptance letter.. I better call San Antonio
Also, thought I would share some news about UTDB. I interviewed with a girl on Dec 15 and she received an acceptance email on Jan 20th. So if you're like me thinking Jan 20th invites did not include December 8 and 15 interviewees, I think we're wrong... But who knows what's going on after Feb 20th.
I'm waiting on Houston as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who had their San Antonio deposit due Feb 12?? I thought he said he needed to RESPOND by Feb 12?? There was nothing about a deposit in my acceptance letter.. I better call San Antonio
Also, thought I would share some news about UTDB. I interviewed with a girl on Dec 15 and she received an acceptance email on Jan 20th. So if you're like me thinking Jan 20th invites did not include December 8 and 15 interviewees, I think we're wrong... But who knows what's going on after Feb 20th.
I'm waiting on Houston as well.
For San An, if you received your acceptance on Dec. 1 (snail mail), the only requirement was to respond with the "Intent to Enroll" form but no deposit was required by January 9. Also, you need to start your Hep B shot series ASAP. For Houston, if you received your acceptance (e-mail) on Feb. 20, you needed to print and sign the letter of intent (from the website) and send in a $30 deposit. I hope this clears something up.
Another person here to vouch for the filled classes. It's official. Sorry guys.
Who had their San Antonio deposit due Feb 12?? I thought he said he needed to RESPOND by Feb 12?? There was nothing about a deposit in my acceptance letter.. I better call San Antonio
Also, thought I would share some news about UTDB. I interviewed with a girl on Dec 15 and she received an acceptance email on Jan 20th. So if you're like me thinking Jan 20th invites did not include December 8 and 15 interviewees, I think we're wrong... But who knows what's going on after Feb 20th.
I'm waiting on Houston as well.
Yea sorry about that. I forgot that san antonio doesnt require a deposit. lucky bastard. But it's still filled. Congrats on your acceptance.
So, UTDB just sent out an email to accepted students today.
So, UTDB just sent out an email to accepted students today.
What was in the email?
Last edited:
They are probably trying to have students leave them alone. They probably have all their seats filled, but as clubby just commented, some will drop their seat requiring SA to send out more letters of acceptance. In the end, until you receive a rejection letter, you are still in the game! 😀
I just got done listening to an old Tom Petty tune, "The Waiting," and found it funny while reading posts on this forum and could only laugh about how appropriate the song is..."the waiting is the hardest part."
I just talked to two people at my school who turned down their SA acceptances this week ON Wednesday. None of this is making sense.
And chocolateeth, are you referring to already accepted students or did they release a new round?
Hey Clubby, I agree. I thought it was odd especially since the end of second round is Feb 12th. I did call though and the gentlemen on the line told me classes were filled and it was time to reapply. He also said that letters were ready to be mailed out on Tuesday. He seem very confident that it was over.
I hope it was just a ploy to keep us off the lines...
Hey Clubby, I agree. I thought it was odd especially since the end of second round is Feb 12th. I did call though and the gentlemen on the line told me classes were filled and it was time to reapply. He also said that letters were ready to be mailed out on Tuesday. He seem very confident that it was over.
I hope it was just a ploy to keep us off the lines...
I talked to that gentelman too. He told me my status showed interviewed, not rejection or acceptnce or waitlist. that means rejection? 😕
Hey Clubby, I agree. I thought it was odd especially since the end of second round is Feb 12th. I did call though and the gentlemen on the line told me classes were filled and it was time to reapply. He also said that letters were ready to be mailed out on Tuesday. He seem very confident that it was over.
I hope it was just a ploy to keep us off the lines...
Did you ask about your personal status or did you ask about the class?
I wonder if anyone will call and ask if there are more acceptances in those Tuesday letters.
Last edited:
Did you ask about your personal status or did you ask about the class?
I wonder if anyone will call and ask if there are more acceptances in those Tuesday letters.
It's posssible that they sent out more acceptances than seats. On this thread, someone mentioned last year SA sent out 120 for 90 seats pre dec 1. They could do the same for round 2.
It's posssible that they sent out more acceptances than seats. On this thread, someone mentioned last year SA sent out 120 for 90 seats pre dec 1. They could do the same for round 2.
IMO, they don't do that for round 2.
He also mentioned that there isn't a waitlist...Is that right? That seems rather odd to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I called SA on Friday...
They pretty much said classes are filled now and it isn't looking too good, then they advised to reapply.
Did you ask about your status?
So i graduated from college last may. but am taking some post bachelors classes in anticipation of maybe having to apply again. I found out I was accepted. I don't need these classes anymore then and would like to save money with a refund. It will show "withdrawn" on my transcript but does it matter now? I have my degree and the dental school prereqs.
just wondering if you called your DS to ask because im kinda in the same boat as you and would like to know??
When is it safe to drop a spot? I'm holding 2 spots at 2 schools and I feel bad. I got accepted into one in Dec and one in Jan. When is it safe to drop my backup? Im sorry to those still waiting.
When is it safe to drop a spot? I'm holding 2 spots at 2 schools and I feel bad. I got accepted into one in Dec and one in Jan. When is it safe to drop my backup? Im sorry to those still waiting.
tomorrow morning.
When is it safe to drop a spot? I'm holding 2 spots at 2 schools and I feel bad. I got accepted into one in Dec and one in Jan. When is it safe to drop my backup? Im sorry to those still waiting.
LOL! A friend of mine did that and he said they told him he had to decide which one and they gave him a couple weeks or something. He said he didn't know how they found out, but they did. I think your safe to drop one at this point..
i can't stand the wait either!! why do you have to be so competitive field of dentistry?? WHY?? 😱
Just got an acceptance email from UTDB!! Interviewed on Feb. 2nd.
UT Dental Branch Class of 2013!!!
First congrats!
Second, what time did they email you? Just curious...
does anyone know if UTDB usually sends out a mass email of acceptances on a single day or spreads it out? I hope that I do not have to start all over but I am starting to think that I should start planning to do this whole process yet again....arrrrggghhh!
First congrats!
Second, what time did they email you? Just curious...
I received the email yesterday afternoon.
what were your stats if you don't mind me asking.
gpa: 3.5
ts: 18 aa:19 pa: 20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what were your stats if you don't mind me asking.
stats are not everything.
gpa: 3.5
ts: 18 aa:19 pa: 20
congratulations for your acceptance and good luck in Dental School. 👍
gpa: 3.5
ts: 18 aa:19 pa: 20
Thank you. Good Luck with Dental School👍
Has anybody called UTDB yet regarding admissions status? I assume they'll just say, please wait, but I just wanted to know if anybody tried calling anyway
SA didnt send rejection letter til April last yr so i will be surprised to see if they send them soon
SA didnt send rejection letter til April last yr so i will be surprised to see if they send them soon
Last edited:
Has anybody called UTDB yet regarding admissions status? I assume they'll just say, please wait, but I just wanted to know if anybody tried calling anyway
SA didnt send rejection letter til April last yr so i will be surprised to see if they send them soon
No reason to call them yet. They have a round that is due the 20th, so I"m sure another one will come out in the next few weeks.
