You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
200k in debt club
Started by ngkats
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I call dibs on CQC.
Close... quarters... combat???
I call secretary.👍
Edit: Wait, I take that back. Gimme PR.

Close... quarters... combat???
I call secretary.👍
Edit: Wait, I take that back. Gimme PR.![]()
Hahaha, well being a diplomat would have its benefits if I had military training. It was Chief of Quality Control...but I want a diplomatic position. 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hahaha, well being a diplomat would have its benefits if I had military training. It was Chief of Quality Control...but I want a diplomatic position. 👍
I nominate andrewnwi for the position of ambassador to 2014.

We need a lobbyist!
Who are we lobbying?![]()
People against this thread/club?😕
Anyone that has money....I would start with Bill Gates & Warren Buffet...maybe their private residences...lobby the rich people who are just sitting on their piles of money, who could potentially easy our economic suffering by sharing their wealth.
Its not a hard field to represent as a lobbyist either...we are sacrificing our time, life, sanity, and money to serve the greater good, for crying out loud!! We are the few, the proud, the oh-so-broke!
Now...who wants the job?
😀
Anyone that has money....I would start with Bill Gates & Warren Buffet...
These two get brought up a lot on SDN.
These two get brought up a lot on SDN.
Oprah would be good, too. I always love when people who have billions stacked away in banks and multi-million dollar mansions all across the world lecture average people about their immoral behavior and lack of ethical integrity.
Oprah would be good, too. I always love when people who have billions stacked away in banks and multi-million dollar mansions all across the world lecture average people about their immoral behavior and lack of ethical integrity.
I'll pretend to listen to them as long as I get a new toaster, fridge, and books.


I always love when people who have billions stacked away in banks and multi-million dollar mansions all across the world lecture average people about their immoral behavior and lack of ethical integrity.
The thing about that is that even the world's richest people don't have billions in banks. Bill Gates' net worth is all tied up in Microsoft.
Also, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are among the world's biggest philanthropists, so I see no ethical double standard.
The thing about that is that even the world's richest people don't have billions in banks. Bill Gates' net worth is all tied up in Microsoft.
Also, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are among the world's biggest philanthropists, so I see no ethical double standard.
I meant Oprah.
This club is great. It's already having me save up for med school: I just bought a burrito at chipotle and didn't get guacamole. You've got to make sacrifices people.
Hahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This club is great. It's already having me save up for med school: I just bought a burrito at chipotle and didn't get guacamole. You've got to make sacrifices people.
Blasphemy.



Blasphemy.![]()
Are you in WI? I am.
Are you in WI? I am.
WI...Wisconsin?
WI...Wisconsin?
lol. Andrew n wi? Just wondering if you also live in Wisconsin.
lol. Andrew n wi? Just wondering if you also live in Wisconsin.
andrewnwi=Northwest Indiana 😀
andrewnwi=Northwest Indiana 😀
I went to school in northwest indiana. boom.
I went to school in northwest indiana. boom.
I'm so sorry.

Where at?
Good day fellow club members.
I am still working on this stupid proposal, and I am bored out of my mind...so, naturally, I started to day dream about being a quater of a mil deep in debt.
Ahh...the sun already looks a little brighter and the ocean smells a little fresher.
I am still working on this stupid proposal, and I am bored out of my mind...so, naturally, I started to day dream about being a quater of a mil deep in debt.
Ahh...the sun already looks a little brighter and the ocean smells a little fresher.
Good day fellow club members.
I am still working on this stupid proposal, and I am bored out of my mind...so, naturally, I started to day dream about being a quater of a mil deep in debt.
Ahh...the sun already looks a little brighter and the ocean smells a little fresher.
Yeah, it's a real shame you'll never see either again.

Yeah, it's a real shame you'll never see either again.![]()
It's so sad...I am trading decent pay (ok, really the pay is ****ty, but its totally enough to pay my bills and have a bit of fun), an interesting job, and an office with ocean view for....that much debt....
....and the potential for the most awesome career...I guess 🙂
I will miss the ocean view, though :cry:
Only 4 hrs at work and my brain is already

It's so sad...I am trading decent pay (ok, really the pay is ****ty, but its totally enough to pay my bills and have a bit of fun), an interesting job, and an office with ocean view for....that much debt....
....and the potential for the most awesome career...I guess 🙂
I will miss the ocean view, though :cry:
Only 4 hrs at work and my brain is already![]()
Ocean view! I'm jealous!!! I've got a view of this nice cubicle and some sort of granite workshop.

Ocean view! I'm jealous!!! I've got a view of this nice cubicle and some sort of granite workshop.![]()
Cubicles are so versatile, though, if you have a chill boss. You could put up pictures of (almost) anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cubicles are so versatile, though, if you have a chill boss. You could put up pictures of (almost) anything.
True! I have to get some photography prints made for a class I'll be starting next week, so it's time to decorate!👍😀
Plus you can turn your cubicle into a FORT! 👍👍
![]()
haha...classic. Andrew, you are showing true dedication to the 200K club, haha.
I wonder if we can lobby the admins to give us a sticky thread...
Did anyone take the lobbyist position yet?
I move that we create a social group befitting this club!
how do you post pictures?
how do you post pictures?
The picture of the mountains with the yellowish backgrounds, click it and insert the URL of where the picture is in it!
Edit: ^^Why did I put an exclamatory mark? Eh.
Last edited:
The picture of the mountains with the yellowish backgrounds, click it and insert the URL of where the picture is in it!
Edit: ^^Why did I put an exclamatory mark? Eh.
Is there any way to upload a picture? without it being on the net?
Is there any way to upload a picture? without it being on the net?
Not unless you put it on photo hosting site like Photobucket, or whatever the other ones are called. I would say upload it on MySpace or Facebook and then insert that link.
Not unless you put it on photo hosting site like Photobucket, or whatever the other ones are called. I would say upload it on MySpace or Facebook and then insert that link.
thanks dude. I'll see if that works..
I got bored at work, so to pass the last 15minutes before weekend freedom I made this...I am sure I could have made it better, but oh well
I got bored at work, so to pass the last 15minutes before weekend freedom I made this...I am sure I could have made it better, but oh well
![]()
BRAVO! 👍


I was curious how people pay for everything else? I think I'm going to be lucky enough to make it through my UG debt free because my parents make enough money and I go to a state school so it's not outrageous. I know for a fact that I will be taking out loans for med school though. What I was curious about is how do most med students pay for food/shelter/the few and far between entertainments? Do you include your housing in your loans? What about food? I figure med students really don't have time to work.
I have to say, being >200k in debt is no fun, but I'm actually sad I won't be a part of it 🙁
Only because this thread is so entertaining...😀
Only because this thread is so entertaining...😀
I was curious how people pay for everything else? I think I'm going to be lucky enough to make it through my UG debt free because my parents make enough money and I go to a state school so it's not outrageous. I know for a fact that I will be taking out loans for med school though. What I was curious about is how do most med students pay for food/shelter/the few and far between entertainments? Do you include your housing in your loans? What about food? I figure med students really don't have time to work.
Well, like me, I go to school full-time. I am not in med school yet, but I take around 20 credit hours a semester, with research, being a student instructor (1st job), working for student activities as an orientation leader (2nd job), and being a tutor (3rd job) I still take out loans. The school jobs pay for my entertainment really, pubs, movies, football games, pubs, and pubs! I still take out an extra $1,000 in loans just as emergency money. Like in case work is slow, or I lose a poker tournament. Anyways, I can use my friend, who will be starting M3 soon, as an example. Loans, everything is paid by loans. His car, his food, his haircut, his shoes, his beer, his gum, everything.


He has no time for work, what he doesn't get in free money (grants, stipends, etc.) he takes out in loans.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was curious how people pay for everything else? I think I'm going to be lucky enough to make it through my UG debt free because my parents make enough money and I go to a state school so it's not outrageous. I know for a fact that I will be taking out loans for med school though. What I was curious about is how do most med students pay for food/shelter/the few and far between entertainments? Do you include your housing in your loans? What about food? I figure med students really don't have time to work.
If you look at projected budget for each med school (aka the COA- cost of attendance), it includes both tuition and cost of living. Cost of living includes everything from books, to projected transportation costs, to a laptop freshman year, to food and shelter. These are average numbers the schools determine from looking at how much students spend year after year. When you get a financial aid package, it will be for the whole cost of attendance. So for example, you might go to a school where tuition is 40,000 and cost of living is about 12,000 (if you're living in a pretty cheap city), or as high as 22,000 (if you're living in an expensive city). So, for the first school, you'll get a package of grants (if you get them) and the various types of loans up to 52,000. For the second school, you'd get a package that can be up to 62,000. If you have money left at the end of the year cause you lived more cheaply than the average they had suggested, they'll lower your loans for the year after. And so on, and so forth.
Yeah, thanks both of ya. I'm unfortunately ignorant on the subject matter because I have everything paid for me so far. So for people that live in apartments or what not; do you just take out a large lump sum for rent and pay it off at once or just pay monthly with that you took out?
Yeah, thanks both of ya. I'm unfortunately ignorant on the subject matter because I have everything paid for me so far. So for people that live in apartments or what not; do you just take out a large lump sum for rent and pay it off at once or just pay monthly with that you took out?
I just estimate it all. I take into account my stipend for research and my jobs and what ever is left over I take out a loan. Though, I still pay monthly since I never know what will come up. I might have to bail out, like me recently deciding to move to Indianapolis. You just have to do the math and budget it out.
Why would you say you are ignorant because of that reason? Nothing wrong with that man. Though, knowing how to start taking care of your own is pretty responsible thinking of you. Kudos on that! Just because you have your parents help is no reason to take shame and talk down on yourself. You'll learn about all this eventually, and it looks like it will soon seeing as your are showing an interest on how to go about making some of the "big steps."
OP here. Good morning club members. I think we need to start electing club officers. Whose game?
I would like to volunteer for the position of Lobbyist or Director of Diversity.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 945