2010-2011 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My status says that my file isn't complete, though I submitted my secondary and they've received my signature page and $$. The only thing I don't see on there are my LoRs which I submitted through AMCAS in mid-June. They should have gotten them by now, right?

To call or not to call?

Members don't see this ad.

I finally got my complete email this morning!! Anyone know the average time between "complete" and "interview" (not that I'll get one, but I can hope). I'll scan last year's thread, but thought maybe someone else might already have an idea.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my complete email this morning!! Anyone know the average time between "complete" and "interview" (not that I'll get one, but I can hope). I'll scan last year's thread, but thought maybe someone else might already have an idea.

Thanks! :)

They told the M2s that interviews don't start until October and run until March.

So they got back to me and said they never recived the signature page and so I had to resend it! I finally became complete 9/15. Hopefully people start hearing back about interviews soon.

Does anyone know if working in clinical research or doing research with the department of medicine counts as employment in healthcarE?

I think they are looking for work as an EMT or CNA or something like.

I think they are looking for work as an EMT or CNA or something like.

I would disagree - most would count any jobs with clinical exposure (did you interact with patients or were you just doing records based research?) as healthcare employment.

The secondary is a chance to explain your accomplishments a little more, if they don't think they are classified properly they'll just ignore them but I think this would be classified correctly.

interview invite at 4:30 am (?) today!

Crazy time! There goes my whole mantra of "don't freak out about checking your email on the weekend." Was there a change on your status page as well, or just the email?

Nevertheless... CONGRATS! :thumbup: Hope the interview goes well.

Crazy time! There goes my whole mantra of "don't freak out about checking your email on the weekend." Was there a change on your status page as well, or just the email?

Nevertheless... CONGRATS! :thumbup: Hope the interview goes well.

Haha I know! Weekends were my only break from stressing about this whole process.

There was also a change on my status page (an extra button that says "Interview Dates"), but I only checked because I received the email update.

Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite at 4:30 am (?) today!

Congratulations!! What an odd time to receive an invite! Would you mind sharing when your application was complete? I'm just trying to get a sense of timing (so that I may more effectively drive myself crazy :laugh:). Good luck at your interview!

hey guys for this question

The journey to a career in medicine requires special motivation and a high level of commitment. Describe your personal and academic preparation for a career as a physician and reflect upon it from the perspective of an observer. Include any changes in your career path, change of major, time gaps in your education, period of grades below a 3.0 level, serious events/crises in your life that affected your path, either positively or negatively. (1000 characters max)

did you guys answer it in the 3rd person or am I misinterpreting it? thanks

Congratulations!! What an odd time to receive an invite! Would you mind sharing when your application was complete? I'm just trying to get a sense of timing (so that I may more effectively drive myself crazy :laugh:). Good luck at your interview!

I was complete 8/12. Hope you hear back soon!

hey guys for this question

The journey to a career in medicine requires special motivation and a high level of commitment. Describe your personal and academic preparation for a career as a physician and reflect upon it from the perspective of an observer. Include any changes in your career path, change of major, time gaps in your education, period of grades below a 3.0 level, serious events/crises in your life that affected your path, either positively or negatively. (1000 characters max)

did you guys answer it in the 3rd person or am I misinterpreting it? thanks

I did third person, but no invite yet so what do I know?

It's my interpretation that the question is asking for you to look at your life from an observer's perspective, e.g., the things they would be impressed with, the things they might question in your record.

I was complete 8/12. Hope you hear back soon!

Thanks! I wasn't in until the end of August, so looks like I have some more waiting to do. Good luck at the interview and keep us posted!

They received my signature page yesterday according to USPS. How long would it take me to be complete? Should I wait to call?

They received my signature page yesterday according to USPS. How long would it take me to be complete? Should I wait to call?
I would give them a week before calling. That's about how long it took for me to be complete in mid-to-late August.

Has anyone else had trouble with the website the past few days? I can't get it to load, or it gets locked up when I try to sign on. Thanks!

Has anyone else had trouble with the website the past few days? I can't get it to load, or it gets locked up when I try to sign on. Thanks!
It won't load for me if I type in www.rushsupp.com in my browser. However, it works fine if you go to the Rush school website and click on the supplemental link from there.

It won't load for me if I type in www.rushsupp.com in my browser. However, it works fine if you go to the Rush school website and click on the supplemental link from there.

Not working for me either. Tried going through the school website but still no luck! :scared:

so for this question -

was the consensus to write in third person, or to write in first person but pointing out things that would be relevant to an observer...?? thanks guys!

Any interview invites recently? Seems like there was a bunch that went out last year around the couple weeks of October.

Any interview invites recently? Seems like there was a bunch that went out last year around the couple weeks of October.

I just checked my application status today, and I got one for November 3rd!:D No email, just a status update...this is just perpetuating my neuroses!

I just checked my application status today, and I got one for November 3rd!:D No email, just a status update...this is just perpetuating my neuroses!

Nice! What does the status page look like when you get an interview invite?

Darn you UDPreMed, you got my hopes up! I just went to check my status and nothing but telling me i'm complete (which I have been for like the past 2 months). I'm starting to get mad at Rush...I was waitlisted last year and told that they view waitlisted re-applicants favorably and usually give out early interviews to them. I've been trying to contact them for the past 2 weeks about this and no response...ridiculous. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Nice! What does the status page look like when you get an interview invite?

When you log in, under 'user menu,' there's a tab that says 'interview dates.' its the third one down. I clicked it and got a calendar, and the earliest one was november 3rd, so i took that. but then i got this thing that said until they email me back confirming the date, that i'm not technically scheduled yet

also, fyi...instate, 3.9cgpa, 3.88sgpa, 31N, good extracurriculars...

Hope that helps!

When you log in, under 'user menu,' there's a tab that says 'interview dates.' its the third one down. I clicked it and got a calendar, and the earliest one was november 3rd, so i took that. but then i got this thing that said until they email me back confirming the date, that i'm not technically scheduled yet

also, fyi...instate, 3.9cgpa, 3.88sgpa, 31N, good extracurriculars...

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info. I checked again, no interview dates tab for me. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting. Congrats though!!

I just got an interview invite today as well! Email came in at 3:31 am! Complete 8/12/2010, IS 33Q, 3.46 science 3.54 total. I'm SOOOOOO excited!

Has anyone had troubles with sending in letter packets? Do you list the letter packet's creator/distributor or do you list the individual letter writers you choose from the packet?

Has anyone had troubles with sending in letter packets? Do you list the letter packet's creator/distributor or do you list the individual letter writers you choose from the packet?

My school also does these packets, and I assumed they classified packets as committee letters like everywhere else. However, this was not the case. They made me choose two of the letters from the packet as well. Although, the upside was my application was complete within a week of submission, which was epic.

i'm having issues submitting. i keep getting this error message:

Missing Information
Page where Information is Missing:​

Getting To Know You Page - OTHER
Question:​

Question 4 Is Empty - Must be Yes or No...

question 4 in the other section is the one asking if you are a reapplicant, which i am not. it is asking for explanation on how you have improved IF you are a reapplicant. i even wrote in that i'm not a reapplicant just to see if it was being sensitive to lack of text and it is still giving me this error message. and i have checked the rest of my app and everything seems answered.

anyone run into this or have advice?

Last edited:
Try writing N/A in this section so it is filled out.

i'm having issues submitting. i keep getting this error message:

Missing Information
Page where Information is Missing:​

Getting To Know You Page - OTHER
Question:​

Question 4 Is Empty - Must be Yes or No...

question 4 in the other section is the one asking if you are a reapplicant, which i am not. it is asking for explanation on how you have improved IF you are a reapplicant. i even wrote in that i'm not a reapplicant just to see if it was being sensitive to lack of text and it is still giving me this error message. and i have checked the rest of my app and everything seems answered.

anyone run into this or have advice?

Interview invite! :)

Unfortunately they only have 3 wednesdays in November open and flight tickets are super expensive right now... and there is a southwest sale for December tickets right now... so I might have to call them about booking my interview for December... maybe.

Interview invite! :)

Unfortunately they only have 3 wednesdays in November open and flight tickets are super expensive right now... and there is a southwest sale for December tickets right now... so I might have to call them about booking my interview for December... maybe.

Congrats! Maybe you should explain the concept of rolling admissions to the airlines and see if you can get a break.:)

Congrats! Maybe you should explain the concept of rolling admissions to the airlines and see if you can get a break.:)
Very very true.

edit: Woahhhh I might be going this upcoming Wednesday. Megabus tickets are $15 one way and perfect!

Congrats avoidthetiger! Ugh, i'm so frustrated with Rush. I sent them a couple e-mails to them over the past month and no one has responded. I think 4 weeks is enough time to answer someone :mad:

Anyone else having problems with admissions not responding??

Congrats avoidthetiger! Ugh, i'm so frustrated with Rush. I sent them a couple e-mails to them over the past month and no one has responded. I think 4 weeks is enough time to answer someone :mad:

Anyone else having problems with admissions not responding??

I sent an email update about a week ago to admissions and got a same day response. They politely stated that they could only use application information (ie. update ignored).

What I really want is some news like tiger!

I sent an email update about a week ago to admissions and got a same day response. They politely stated that they could only use application information (ie. update ignored).

What I really want is some news like tiger!

Good to know, I was just about to ask about update letters... too bad

Anyone know if they are receptive to "I'll be in the area" e-mails? I've got another interview in Chicago in December, but I don't want to sound desperate/pushy - just inform them. :confused:

Have any URM applicants received a random email alluding to the fact that Rush is a diversity-friendly school? I got a message like that this morning, which was weird seeing as I haven't been given an interview invitation or anything. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.