2010-2011 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I hope your application process is going well!

I'm posting because I am a first year med student at Rush and would like to be available for any of you to ask me questions about the school or need any advice.

Also, I am happy to host interviewees at my apartment (can be male or female, as I am a male and have a female roommate (also a Rush M1)). Feel free to contact me if you need somewhere to stay during your interview. I'd be happy to show you around the school, introduce you to my friends, etc.

Best of luck! E-mail me at [email protected] if you have questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good to know, I was just about to ask about update letters... too bad

Anyone know if they are receptive to "I'll be in the area" e-mails? I've got another interview in Chicago in December, but I don't want to sound desperate/pushy - just inform them. :confused:

They are not. Quickly told me I did not had an interview at this time.

Hey all,

For this question:
2. Have you volunteered in a healthcare-related field, during and/or following your undergraduate years?:

Did you include shadowing experiences, or just volunteering in healthcare facilities?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!
Complete august
34R IS 3.6
Interviewing Dec 1
Anybody with me?

AHHHHH!!!! I just got accepted!

I knew hardly anything about this school before I interviewed, but I absolutely fell in love.

SO HAPPY! :love:

Good luck to you all!! Hope to get some fellow classmates soon :D

I knew hardly anything about this school before I interviewed, but I absolutely fell in love.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!! I absolutely fell in love with Rush as well. When did you interview?

Hey, congrats on all the interviews/acceptances! I am currently an M2 at Rush, so if you have any questions etc. shoot me an message. Good luck!

Just scheduled an interview for December 1st. Complete 8/6/10

I didn't receive an e-mail, but merely checked the application site, where I saw the "interview dates" tab.

Oct 27th! these next 2 weeks are going to be unbearable!

I can totally empathize with that, but hang in there! It will be worth it =)

And congratulations again to you all with interviews! I hope you enjoy the day as much as I did.

thanks to the students who have offered to answer questions!
are you happy with your choice? any advice for people about rush specifically? do you know anything about the curriculum changes for next year?

sorry for all the questions. im still very excited :love:

Woohoo! Checked my status randomly today and interview invite! I don't really get why the only open day is Dec. 1st though. I took it, but my UIC interview is the day before so I was hoping I could get a few days in between the two. Oh well, at least they're both just a max of 40 min from my house :)

I have been waiting for this since my app was marked complete in August. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! Checked my status randomly today and interview invite! I don't really get why the only open day is Dec. 1st though. I took it, but my UIC interview is the day before so I was hoping I could get a few days in between the two. Oh well, at least they're both just a max of 40 min from my house :)

I have been waiting for this since my app was marked complete in August. :D

The two schools are also literally a block away from each other :D

The two schools are also literally a block away from each other :D

I knew they were close and located in the medical district, but a block? Wow. Oh and congrats hemostat5, looks like i'll be seeing u on the 1st :)

anyone know if an interest letter would help pre-interview, if the app has been complete for a while? thanks.

anyone know if an interest letter would help pre-interview, if the app has been complete for a while? thanks.

Rush won't consider anything other than your initially submitted application when making interview decisions. They will only take updates post interview ONLY IF you're put on the waitlist.

Woke up to interview invite via e-mail! Complete sometime in August.

Btw does anyone know how many people Rush accepts out of the people they interview?

Interview Invite today, completed 9/16. interview for 12/22!!!! MCAT 28, GPA 3.65

Congrats guys!! I was complete 9/22...maybe there's hope for me soon? :xf:

It says the interview goes from 8:30 to 3:00 - have people gotten out on time typically?
Also, does it take about an hour and 20 minutes to get to O'hare airport by public transportation?

Last edited:
Still nothing...complete 9/1..losing hope..3.96 35P MCAT...Should I just quit checking the status update page?

just got an interview via email! really excited! (was complete 9/16)

Interview invite this morning! Total surprise. Complete 8/27.

It says the interview goes from 8:30 to 3:00 - have people gotten out on time typically?
Also, does it take about an hour and 20 minutes to get to O'hare airport by public transportation?

It should only take about 45-1 hr to get to O'hare, but plan on 1hr and 20min just to be safe.. Just take the blue line.

Interview Invite today, completed 9/16. interview for 12/22!!!! MCAT 28, GPA 3.65

Were there any other dates in December available besides the 22nd for you? I may want to try and reschedule my Dec. 1st interview for the next week if possible.

Were there any other dates in December available besides the 22nd for you? I may want to try and reschedule my Dec. 1st interview for the next week if possible.

Yea when I logged on this morning there were days for the Dec 1st, 7th, 15th and 22nd. I think because you scheduled before they sent the e-mail and had time to revise the site, you were only given the first as an option..

Accepted Yesterday 11/19

Interviewed 11/3 35 3.7

Relatively quick turnaround...

Yea there was Dec. 1st or Dec. 7th

I can totally empathize with that, but hang in there! It will be worth it =)

And congratulations again to you all with interviews! I hope you enjoy the day as much as I did.

thanks to the students who have offered to answer questions!
are you happy with your choice? any advice for people about rush specifically? do you know anything about the curriculum changes for next year?

sorry for all the questions. im still very excited :love:

I am an M2 as a mentioned before and yes I am very happy with my choice. I like how the curriculum is set up and the people in my class are awesome. What advice are you looking for. They will most likely be continuing with the block system there will be minor changes to improve it of course as this is the first year they have had it.

Does Rush have student hosting?

Yes they do, just email them asking for a list of students hosting

Yea there was Dec. 1st or Dec. 7th

Yea when I logged on this morning there were days for the Dec 1st, 7th, 15th and 22nd. I think because you scheduled before they sent the e-mail and had time to revise the site, you were only given the first as an option..

Thanks guys, although I thought they only interview once a week on wednesdays and that's the 8th, not 7th? But anyway, I was able to reschedule for the 8th :)

just got an interview invite this morning. complete since 8/9, interviewing on december 1. see you guys there!

just got an interview invite this morning. complete since 8/9, interviewing on december 1. see you guys there!

congrats hemostat, pulllupthepeople and whoever else is interviewing dec 1. seems like alot of us sdners are gonna be interviewing then. Looking forward....

Accepted: 11/23
Interview: 10/27
Secondary: 8/3

OOS

CONGRATULATIONS !!! I am checking my email every 2 minutes- never been this nervous in my life. Also interviewed on the 27th!

Did your status ever change to FILE INCOMPLETE ?

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS !!! I am checking my email every 2 minutes- never been this nervous in my life. Also interviewed on the 27th!

Did your status ever change to FILE INCOMPLETE ?

No, it stayed file complete. It still doesn't say anything on my status page about being accepted in fact. They just sent me an e-mail with an acceptance letter attached in a pdf. Good luck to everyone!

No, it stayed file complete. It still doesn't say anything on my status page about being accepted in fact. They just sent me an e-mail with an acceptance letter attached in a pdf. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks !!

Accepted!

Complete 8/12
Interview 11/10
Acceptance 11/23

Good luck to those still waiting!

Last edited:
Hart you must have been in my interview group! Interviewed 11/10, accepted 11/23 -- 29Q, OOS -- fast turn-around! I'm suprised!

Complete 8/19, still at "File Complete" status. Boo.
Same here. Was complete on 8/19 and haven't heard a single thing since then. I'm just surprised because I thought I would get an interview offer here as an in-state resident. I'm just glad I already have an acceptance! Otherwise, I would seriously be freaking out right now.

PS. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted here!

Do you think you will go here or your other acceptance?

Other acceptance was IUSM -- since I'm from Indiana, I am currently leaning more toward IUSM -- at the same time, Rush is such a great school so it will be a tough decision...

interview 12/1, completed 9/15, hopefully this works out. I would be so happy to stay in chi

Same here. Was complete on 8/19 and haven't heard a single thing since then. I'm just surprised because I thought I would get an interview offer here as an in-state resident. I'm just glad I already have an acceptance! Otherwise, I would seriously be freaking out right now.

PS. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted here!

dude you're such a premed

Status
Not open for further replies.