2010-2011 Tulane Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! (by email today, snail mail letter is on its way according to the email)

Does anyone know what the deposit amount is for holding your place in the class?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the MD/MBA dual degree at Tulane? How competitive is it to be accepted into the Freeman School once you've gained acceptance at the medical school?

Accepted! (by email today, snail mail letter is on its way according to the email)

Does anyone know what the deposit amount is for holding your place in the class?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the MD/MBA dual degree at Tulane? How competitive is it to be accepted into the Freeman School once you've gained acceptance at the medical school?

Congratulations!!

I believe the deposit is $100, but they ask that you not pay until you are sure that you are going to attend, so don't worry about it until May unless you are absolutely set on Tulane :)

Anyone else accepted from the 11/15 interview date?

Congratulations!!

I believe the deposit is $100, but they ask that you not pay until you are sure that you are going to attend, so don't worry about it until May unless you are absolutely set on Tulane :)

I had read on the website that the deposit would be $500, but then I read somewhere else that it was $100, and I really don't have 500 bucks to shell out right now... I'm sure once I get the actual letter in the mail I'll know.

I had read on the website that the deposit would be $500, but then I read somewhere else that it was $100, and I really don't have 500 bucks to shell out right now... I'm sure once I get the actual letter in the mail I'll know.

The deposit is $100 and you don't have to make the deposit until May when you are sure you're going to Tulane. All you have to do when you get your letter is send them an email to hold your spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today for 2/28...I must be one of the last invited! Really excited!

Also, anyone know how many ppl Tulane interviews...I don't own a MSAR (or whatever it's called)

Last edited:
Interview invite today for 2/28...I must be one of the last invited! Really excited!

Also, anyone know how many ppl Tulane interviews...I don't own a MSAR (or whatever it's called)

in 2008, they interviewed about 535 and accepted about 340

The deposit is $100 and you don't have to make the deposit until May when you are sure you're going to Tulane. All you have to do when you get your letter is send them an email to hold your spot.

Thanks Acp2010 - I got my letter earlier today & sent the email!

Now... to decide between Tulane & LSUHSC-New Orleans...

Interviewed on 1/24, got my acceptance email today. Good luck everyone else. 32 3.5 from UGA, Georgia resident.

eh....
so... do we get a confirmation or not after we sent the "i accept" email to the given email address? or could we assume it's done.

eh....
so... do we get a confirmation or not after we sent the "i accept" email to the given email address? or could we assume it's done.

I'm just assuming it's done because I haven't received a confirmation.

This is also why I went ahead and paid the $100 deposit. I did receive a confirmation email about that.

I got accepted to my 1# choice school, so I gave up my interview spot here. I hope one of you guys get it!!!

eh....

I take back what I said yesterday. They sent me a confirmation email last night.

hey yall i interviewed on 1/31..when am i gonna hear back??? the wait is killin me

hey yall i interviewed on 1/31..when am i gonna hear back??? the wait is killin me

I interviewed on 1/21 and I got my acceptance email on the tuesday two weeks later on 2/1.

One of my friends interviewed in December and they received a waitlist email two weeks later as well.

So maybe on Monday or Tuesday of next week?

Accepted 2 weeks ago. Finally!!!

I think I can say that Tulane is literally one of the best medical schools in the entire country. The feel there is truly upbeat. I've never been on a campus of any type where people seemed to genuinely happy to be there. Congrats to all others who got in.

Last edited:
I think I can say that Tulane is literally one of the best medical schools in the entire country. The feel there is truly upbeat. I've never been on a campus of any type where people seemed to genuinely happy to be there. Congrats to all others who got in.

I agree. I was impressed with the interview day at Tulane. It seems like an incredible place to live and study. It was the only interview day where it didn't feel like people were trying to sell the school. The embryology museum was an awesome and appreciated surprise.

does anyone know whether tulane has a second look weekend? if they do, do you know around when it would be? thanks

has anyone who interviewed on 1/28 heard back yet?

Last edited:
I interviewed on 1/28 and have not heard back....

I received an email from Certiphi (company that does background checks) saying a school has waitlisted or accepted me, and I assume it's Tulane. Anyone else get this?

For those who interviewed - I'm seeing on this thread that some of you have actually sent update letters and were told they are only accepted post-interview. Just called and was told they are not accepted period, even after interview. Anyone have any confirmations?

I received an email from Certiphi (company that does background checks) saying a school has waitlisted or accepted me, and I assume it's Tulane. Anyone else get this?

I didn't get this. Now, you're making me nervous. Did any of the 1/28 people get this?

I got that same email right before I received the acceptance email (same day).

Interviewed 1/28. Accepted today, Feb. 15th by e-mail.

Congrats! Accepted as well.

Congrats. Figured you would when you said you got that background check email notification. As I said, I got that the same day as my acceptance email.

Congrats to all the others who've been accepted!

Accepted :) 1/28 Interview - Very excited to say the least (helps this was a first...)

Edit: Congrats to everyone else!

Last edited:
Congrats to all those accepted. I haven't heard a peep so I'm assuming it's a rejection.

For those who interviewed - I'm seeing on this thread that some of you have actually sent update letters and were told they are only accepted post-interview. Just called and was told they are not accepted period, even after interview. Anyone have any confirmations?

I've been on the waiting list for quite a while. I have sent in two update letters (via e-mail) during this time and have received thanks and confirmation back after each. They do accept updates, but only after you have interviewed.

I've been on the waiting list for quite a while. I have sent in two update letters (via e-mail) during this time and have received thanks and confirmation back after each. They do accept updates, but only after you have interviewed.

I was just accepted TODAY! I wrote two handwritten notes (and duplicated them each to the committee and the dean). I also got an additional letter of recommendation, and was accepted 6 days after it was received by them. This may just be chance, but I'm willing to be a victim of operant conditioning! GOOD LUCK!:D

Just got my acceptance email today. I interviewed 1/14. I am very grateful, but will likely be withdrawing for financial reasons. Good luck to everyone and I hope someone great on the waitlist gets my spot. :D

Just got my acceptance email today. I interviewed 1/14. I am very grateful, but will likely be withdrawing for financial reasons. Good luck to everyone and I hope someone great on the waitlist gets my spot. :D

Congrats! Did you get put in the "acceptance range" prior to your email today, or were you left to wonder? I interviewed 1/28 and it seems like there were a lot of notifications that went out yesterday for that date. I'm hoping this isnt a silent rejection...

Congrats! Did you get put in the "acceptance range" prior to your email today, or were you left to wonder? I interviewed 1/28 and it seems like there were a lot of notifications that went out yesterday for that date. I'm hoping this isnt a silent rejection...

I'm 99% sure they don't actually reject anyone after an interview, so if you call them you'll find you are probably on the acceptance range, if not accepted. Best of luck...sometimes they forget to send out emails since they are so busy

I was just accepted TODAY! I wrote two handwritten notes (and duplicated them each to the committee and the dean). I also got an additional letter of recommendation, and was accepted 6 days after it was received by them. This may just be chance, but I'm willing to be a victim of operant conditioning! GOOD LUCK!:D

Just clarifying, you were accepted off of the so-called 'Acceptance Range' list? Are they starting to look at us again? I was told by Dr. Beckman to get in touch again around March 1. I don't want to bug them too much before then since they actually gave me a date...

Status
Not open for further replies.