You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
5:12 pm -accepted -UC
1/3 IS top third WL.
Def going to UC-good luck the WL is movin.
Congrats.
Hey everyone,
I had an acceptance offer from UC and just withdrew after being taken off the waitlist at a different school. Hope my spot gets filled by a fellow SDN'er. Best of luck to everyone.
Congrats and thanks for the heads up! 🙂
A quick reminded to all thinking about Cincinnati- don't forget you can get in-state prices all 4 years (well, $400 more expensive per year) and without having to prove financial independence, time of living in OH, etc, by living right across the river in KY. Rent is cheaper and my daily drive is between 12-19 minutes depending on traffic. Best of luck to all!
Congrats NYR. I'm trying to get to Cincy to reduce cost (and because it's my top choice).
Just officially withdrew. Good luck to you and everyone else!
Any more waitlist movement this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED at 11:11am!!!!!!
OOS WOOOO!!! the waitlist is moving everyone!😀
Congratulations
Hey,
Just got around to checking my email. Got accepted at UC!!!
IS-Top 1/3rd waitlist spot.
Is there any facebook group set up for the class? And from current students, I was thinking about not living right by campus, do you think this is a bad decision as far as social life and such is concerned? (I was looking at Mt. Adams, Covington or Hyde Park areas)
Just got around to checking my email. Got accepted at UC!!!
IS-Top 1/3rd waitlist spot.
Is there any facebook group set up for the class? And from current students, I was thinking about not living right by campus, do you think this is a bad decision as far as social life and such is concerned? (I was looking at Mt. Adams, Covington or Hyde Park areas)
Hey,
Just got around to checking my email. Got accepted at UC!!!
IS-Top 1/3rd waitlist spot.
Is there any facebook group set up for the class? And from current students, I was thinking about not living right by campus, do you think this is a bad decision as far as social life and such is concerned? (I was looking at Mt. Adams, Covington or Hyde Park areas)
Congratulations. The facebook group is university of cincinnati college of medicine class of 2015. Im hoping living off campus isn't too big of a deal as well. Other nicer areas close to campus you may also want to include are: parts of oakley, mt lookout and columbia tusculum (north of columbia parkway)
Hey,
Just got around to checking my email. Got accepted at UC!!!
IS-Top 1/3rd waitlist spot.
Is there any facebook group set up for the class? And from current students, I was thinking about not living right by campus, do you think this is a bad decision as far as social life and such is concerned? (I was looking at Mt. Adams, Covington or Hyde Park areas)
It's really personal preference. I was one of the tour guides and tried to be objective, but I often told applicants that living in the big complex across from school (Stetson) is like living in a dorm in my opinion, because a TON of medical students (as well as undergrads) and residents live there. I'm one of those that likes to get far away from school when the day is over. But there's nothing wrong with the place and the people that live there love it. You also save money for parking (though if you want to live without a roommate), that saved money will go to the extra rent! There's plenty of other nice apartment complexes across from or down the street from UC (Bellevue Apts, Piedmont Mews, Ludlow Ave). All within walking/biking distance.
Social life will only suffer if you let it. Emails go out when there is a gathering, and you either show up or you don't; doesn't matter where you live. Also, many people who don't live at Stetson still go to the parties by the Stetson pool. Hyde Park and Oakley are popular suburbs about 10 mins from school, with lots of UC and Xavier students around. Same with Mt. Lookout. Covington is an interesting choice, but things are affordable and it's not far. Just make sure you check out the area where you want to live...I go running through there a lot, and some areas are really nice, while others are sketchy (that advice goes to some of the areas in Clifton, where UC is). But Northern KY (Newport, Covington, Bellevue) is an underrated option. Mt. Adams and Downtown are very pricey, especially when you're living on loan money. Also, Mt. Adams has crazy steep hills and narrow roads, so make sure you have a 4 X 4 or your own snow plow on those icy and snowy days. Congrats on the acceptances!
Hey everyone,
I was hoping that someone could help me out...UC is my dream school and I am applying here this cycle. However, my MCAT is a few points below their average (I scored a 29Q). My GPA is a 3.76 and my ECs aren't really too much of a worry. Also, I am an Ohio resident. Do I have a legitimate shot at getting in? Did any of you get accepted with <30 on your MCAT? I would really really REALLY appreciate any advice. I would LOVE to go to this school. Thank you so much!
I was hoping that someone could help me out...UC is my dream school and I am applying here this cycle. However, my MCAT is a few points below their average (I scored a 29Q). My GPA is a 3.76 and my ECs aren't really too much of a worry. Also, I am an Ohio resident. Do I have a legitimate shot at getting in? Did any of you get accepted with <30 on your MCAT? I would really really REALLY appreciate any advice. I would LOVE to go to this school. Thank you so much!
Hey everyone,
I was hoping that someone could help me out...UC is my dream school and I am applying here this cycle. However, my MCAT is a few points below their average (I scored a 29Q). My GPA is a 3.76 and my ECs aren't really too much of a worry. Also, I am an Ohio resident. Do I have a legitimate shot at getting in? Did any of you get accepted with <30 on your MCAT? I would really really REALLY appreciate any advice. I would LOVE to go to this school. Thank you so much!
Uh I cant give you any firsthand data (waitlisted OOS applicant w/ score above UC's average), but according to the MSAR UC has accepted applicants with MCAT scores that are below 30 in the past. Im looking at the 2011-2012 copy, and the 10th percentile to 90th percentile range of MCAT scores is between 29 and 37 at UC for accepted students. Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

Accepted off the waitlist today 😀
I was waitlisted way back in October, so I had to wait quite a bit.
In state resident, top third on the waitlist.
Whoo hoo!
I was waitlisted way back in October, so I had to wait quite a bit.
In state resident, top third on the waitlist.
Whoo hoo!
Congrats. I'm waiting for that same call. You going here?
99.9% sure, unless Pittsburgh goes crazy and decides to accept me. My other acceptance was University of Toledo, which I will be withdrawing my application from.
It does look like they're moving through their top third of the WL, at least, keep staying positive!
Hey guys, does UC methodically run through the waitlist from the top tier to the bottom, or is it possible for an applicant in a lower tier to be accepted before the upper tier has been completely exhausted?
Hey guys, does UC methodically run through the waitlist from the top tier to the bottom, or is it possible for an applicant in a lower tier to be accepted before the upper tier has been completely exhausted?
Yes, it's possible for a middle or lower third waitlisted applicant to be accepted before an upper third.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome, that's what I thought. 😀 Thanks.Yes, it's possible for a middle or lower third waitlisted applicant to be accepted before an upper third.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K