2010-2011 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it doesn't make me feel better. Im gonna be nervous throughout the interview season. lol. But thanks anyway for the info.

I just meant that I know some people think that if they get later interviews it means the schools thinks they weren't as good applicants but that's not the case. I haven't gotten an interview here and I know I'm nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting to be transmitted is excruciating. Reading about all of your invites is making it even worse..

:oops:

Congrats though..

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting to be transmitted is excruciating. Reading about all of your invites is making it even worse..

:oops:

Congrats though..

Yeah, seeing people get interviews everyday is starting to hurt my heart a little... :( I want a Texas interview so bad!!!

Yeah, seeing people get interviews everyday is starting to hurt my heart a little... :( I want a Texas interview so bad!!!

I know exactly what you mean. Hang in there, I'm sure there's a invite with your name on it somewhere :D

Just got UTHSCSA's email saying they got my application and are sending it to the admissions committee for review. How long after they received it did people hear back about interviews?

Just got UTHSCSA's email saying they got my application and are sending it to the admissions committee for review. How long after they received it did people hear back about interviews?

I did not get a prior email stating they received my application so you got more correspondence than I did, but I submitted my TMDSAS on 5/31. And it was transmitted to the schools on 6/23. I got my interview invite on 7/20 for 8/09. So it took almost a month before I heard back.

I did not get a prior email stating they received my application so you got more correspondence than I did, but I submitted my TMDSAS on 5/31. And it was transmitted to the schools on 6/23. I got my interview invite on 7/20 for 8/09. So it took almost a month before I heard back.

Hmm...my application was transmitted 6/17. Do you think that means my chances of an interview from SA are slim?

Hmm...my application was transmitted 6/17. Do you think that means my chances of an interview from SA are slim?

I don't think so. My application was submitted on 6/17 as well and I have not received an interview invite either. However, my Letters of Recommendation did not come in until the end of June. So I am trying not to be too worried.

I don't think so. My application was submitted on 6/17 as well and I have not received an interview invite either. However, my Letters of Recommendation did not come in until the end of June. So I am trying not to be too worried.

My LOR came in before the transmission. I probably need a reality check.
GPA 3.6 MCAT 28R

Hopefully they're just saving me for later?

My stats are not perfect either. I think we just have to hang in there. I am just tired of incessantly checking my emails during the weekdays. It doesn't seem healthy. lol.

Does anyone know if the invitations are sent out everyday of the week or in batches on certain days of the week? I know Tech El Paso sends out invites every Friday..:xf:

Does anyone know if the invitations are sent out everyday of the week or in batches on certain days of the week? I know Tech El Paso sends out invites every Friday..:xf:

San Antonio sends out on Tuesdays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get the first set of emails? From what I've heard, I think the very first round was sent out on a Wed and all the others were sent out on Tues

I got one email, the interview invite, and it came on a Wed (Jul 14)

Hey, I am a 3.25/33 applicant with volunteer experience and have spent the last year at UT Southwestern doing research. I submitted my application last week, so it will be 6 weeks until UTSA see's them. Is there anyone in this situation that has gotten accepted or has applying this late killed my chances?

Thanks

My LOR came in before the transmission. I probably need a reality check.
GPA 3.6 MCAT 28R

Hopefully they're just saving me for later?

I'm not sure. I have a low MCAT (27Q) but a higher GPA (3.83) and I'm OOS. So it doesn't seem like there's any consistent trend in the people that they're sending interview invites out to. Probably just whatever they see and they like in people's apps as they're reading them. I'm not sure if this helped, but I hope you get an invite soon!

i'm an OOS applicant who just received an interview invite. can anyone who is familar with the area give me some tips on where to stay (preferably walking distance to med center)? also, if the interviews end around 3:30/4 pm, do you think it would be possible to make a 6 pm flight out of SA? many thanks in advance.

For those who have interviews..

How long after TMDSAS transmitted your application did you hear from SA?

For those who have interviews..

How long after TMDSAS transmitted your application did you hear from SA?

I was transmitted on 7/2 got an email from UTHSCSA on 7/19 confirming they got it, received interview 8/4 for 8/23 interview

:soexcited:

Just received an interview invite! Woohoo! First one of the cycle!

App was transmitted at the beginning of July, LORs were just received yesterday.

I'm sure they're about to start rolling in for ya.. Along with scolly offers..

The Motel 6 is where I stayed and they have a shuttle that leaves every hour and drives you right in front of where you need to be for the interview! They also can shuttle you for free to the airport, so maybe it's possible. Rooms were kinda stinky but clean and I didn't mind

I also got an interview yesterday, for those who asked for them...

V-9, BS-9, PS-12
UT Austin, Marketing
Undergrad GPA: 3.64
Undergrad Science GPA: 3.72

Good luck to all, hopefully I will see you in San Antonio.

Unfortunately there really aren't hotels within walking distance of the med center. I stayed at the marriott on fredicksburg last year (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/satmc-courtyard-san-antonio-medical-center/). It's pretty close by, you could catch a cab for sure. I'm not sure if its set up yet but there might be the option to stay with an MS1 or MS2. They just talked to us about it so it should be set up before too long.

If you left campus by no later than 3:45 you should be ok to get to the airport, its not far and usually traffic isn't too bad getting there. The reception after the 3:30 interview is not too big a deal. They understand about busy schedules.

i got the email confirming they got my app on 7/20 but haven't heard anything else. I am getting a little worried...

Interviewing on 8/9 (Monday!). Partly cloudy with a high of 98F. Oh well, could be worse.

38P/3.80. TMDSAS sumbitted 6/30, my first email from them was the invitation.

Is anybody interviewing on 08/23?

Come on, SA, send me an invite! I'll even root for the Spurs over the Mavs. It'll be hard, but I'm willing. :p

Well at least some of you are in the same boat as me. They sent me an email stating they received my complete application on 7/20 but I haven't heard anything since. I know it's still "early" but I'm getting pretty anxious.

I am incredibly anxious too!!! I feel like I should really be hearing something by now....

I received the same email, only on the 19th. I took the June 17 MCAT and did pretty well on it (10PS 11VR 12BS), so hopefully they're just waiting on my new scores to come in...:xf:

Just had my interview here yesterday! People are very friendly and nice. Had an M.D. and a 4th year med student as interviewers. PM me if you're interested in details or had any questions! Overall, I had a great experience at this school and the Dean talked to me about Second Look weekend for accepted students that I would "probably be invited to" and talked about a scholarship as well so I guess that means I did something right! :D But definitely feel free to ask questions...just don't have a lot of time right now to write out my whole experience!

I just wanted to say good luck to you all this app cycle!! I am a current MSI at UTHSCSA. We are in our second week & this is the first time that I feel great about going to class everyday--I know, I know--still in the Honeymoon phase! haha. But, it is so amazing to finally get to learn all about medicine!

Also, I am a successful re-applicant. I applied 3 times & it's so absolutely worth it IMO.

Anyways, if you guys have ?'s, feel free to ask me as well. My roommate and I signed up to house interviewees every now & then -- so maybe I will get to meet some of you! :)

Until then... :luck::xf:

Interview Invite!!! Yeah!!!

Congrats!! I just got one too for 8/30. I have a conflict though...think they'll let me move it a week earlier? That'll save me a plane ticket back to Texas too =D

Congrats!! I just got one too for 8/30. I have a conflict though...think they'll let me move it a week earlier? That'll save me a plane ticket back to Texas too =D

There is no harm in asking. I just wish it wasn't on Mondays. I don't want to sound like a loser, but I hate to skip classes. lol

I'm not sure if they'll let you do it earlier, but they'll definitely let you go later. I e-mailed them saying I didn't want to miss the first day of class and they bumped me back a week with no problems.

Still no news. Guess I'm going to have to wait until next week? :(

Still no news. Guess I'm going to have to wait until next week? :(
Seems like you and me are always in the same boat Hanzo! I really hope I hear from them. Mind me asking what your stats are? maybe we are similar there too! haha

you have me beat!

28S
overall GPA 3.7
science GPA 3.56

I don't know if anyone sends out rejections. that would be nice though. Id rather know they didn't want me than wonder if they did. haha

you have me beat!

28S
overall GPA 3.7
science GPA 3.56

I don't know if anyone sends out rejections. that would be nice though. Id rather know they didn't want me than wonder if they did. haha

Wow, PrincessBP, you and I are very, very similar. Best of luck to you! I'm still in the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.