2024-2025 UT San Antonio (Long)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow, did the interview blow you away that you want to commit that fast lol
Well my choice last year was between McGovern and Long and this year McGovern hasn’t interviewed me. Maybe they don’t like reapplicants or they were looking for something else idk but Long is still my top choice this year. Just wondering if it would help to send that before the next preoffers.
 
Anyone here accepted into this school with 2Q Casper?😡
I'm not accepted into Long, but I have 2Q casper and have interviewed here and many other schools in Texas. The way I see it, there are more brilliant and qualified applicants than there are interview spots. They aren't wasting an interview spot on someone that they wouldn't feel comfortable accepting. So I don't think a 2Q casper is going to hold either of us back!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not accepted into Long, but I have 2Q casper and have interviewed here and many other schools in Texas. The way I see it, there are more brilliant and qualified applicants than there are interview spots. They aren't wasting an interview spot on someone that they wouldn't feel comfortable accepting. So I don't think a 2Q casper is going to hold either of us back!
How do you know you are not accepted? They reject you officially?
 
How do you know you are not accepted? They reject you officially?
Long School of Medicine sends out very few pre-matches, so most who have applied or interviewed have not been accepted yet/don't know their outcome.
They like to give most people the news on Match Day. They have also in the past let everyone else stay on the WL after Match Day
 
Sorry if this question has been asked already but does anyone know how long before our interview will we know who our interviewers are?
 
but does anyone know how long before our interview will we
when you sign the agreement thing on the secondary page for the interview it should show you who will interview you. If theres no one there, it should be there at least a week before your interview (from my own personal experience)**
 
Last edited:
when you sign the agreement thing on the secondary page for the interview it should show you who will interview you. If theres no one there, it should be there at least a week before your interview

For you, did it show up one week prior? It hasn't shown up on mine yet but it just passed the 1 week mark before my interview and I've signed the thing already.
 
For you, did it show up one week prior? It hasn't shown up on mine yet but it just passed the 1 week mark before my interview and I've signed the thing already.
sometimes it shows up very close to your interview day like 1-2 days in advance and I feel like Long was pretty late in showing up. I've even had one of my interviewers change the day before on the AMP portal for another school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this question has been asked already but does anyone know how long before our interview will we know who our interviewers are?

I can't remember when you will see which faculty is interviewing you, but your student interviewer should be sending you an email at least the day before your interview.
 
Does anybody know how long acceptances take post interview?
This school gives very few early admissions offers so even though you are OOS you might wait until February when we have our Texas Match day.
But you’re putting the cart in front of the horse, go to your interview first!
 
Does anyone know if I should send a letter of intent to them at this point in time? I interviewed early October and haven’t heard anything since.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who has been accepted or attends here, I have a quick question. If you prematch does the prematch offer contain scholarship information or is that not going to be available until late in the cycle. Asking because I want to get an idea of the timeline of financial assistance.
 
Has anyone been to the Long Luncheons they do for students that have interviewed? Trying to decide if I should take off work to attend!
 
I interviewed recently. I was going to ask about prematches. How often or soon do they come out or are they match heavy? Also when does scholarship information come out and is it only for prematched individuals.
Long gives a very small number of prematch offers and most people will find out the news on match day