You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UT San Antonio (Long)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also wondering the same thingAre we thinking if we haven't heard and are OOS = WL?
Are we thinking if we haven't heard and are OOS = WL?
Yes, OOS is waitlisted at this point and there will not be movement for a couple of monthsAlso wondering the same thing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also wondering the same thing
Long SOM always says if you have interviewed but didn't get an offer, you are all on the WL.Are we thinking if we haven't heard and are OOS = WL?
Dekirun
Full Member
Note on this: This is 2024's checklist, 2025's will release pretty soon. (although they should be pretty similar)
D
deleted1208104
This is for my daughter.. she is accepted on 02/14, following this group out of curiosity.Have you been accepted @2dp? Congratulations
D
deleted1208104
it is 2025 calendar put out by Long. July 19th 2025 is white coat ceremony as well.Note on this: This is 2024's checklist, 2025's will release pretty soon. (although they should be pretty similar)
Dekirun
Full Member
I see they updated it recently! Thank you👍it is 2025 calendar put out by Long. July 19th 2025 is white coat ceremony as well.
might be a silly question but is welcome day mandatory
It says Highly Recommended on the calendar. You will get a chance to ask questions of financial aid staff, so for that reason alone you should go.might be a silly question but is welcome day mandatory
Also meet some classmates. Why wouldn't you go?
scheduling conflicts with workIt says Highly Recommended on the calendar. You will get a chance to ask questions of financial aid staff, so for that reason alone you should go.
Also meet some classmates. Why wouldn't you go?
roastbeef02
Full Member
Has anyone gotten any more info about the new student group chat yet? Or will that maybe happen at the welcome day?
They will read everything if they pull open your file to consider Waitlisted candidates to fill an opening.If I sent a Letter of Intent back in early December but am now waitlisted could I hypothetically send another one and include updates I have? Or at this point is that overkill?
Include any updates briefly and Why Long
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone received their university email yet?
is waitlist movement common here? I didn't match and I'm really hoping to get off a WL at either here or Baylor. I'm tweaking ik ik
planning to send Long an LOI pretty soon as well
planning to send Long an LOI pretty soon as well
It’s a bit early for WL offers, and only send an LOI to one school…is waitlist movement common here? I didn't match and I'm really hoping to get off a WL at either here or Baylor. I'm tweaking ik ik
planning to send Long an LOI pretty soon as well
common? idkis waitlist movement common here? I didn't match and I'm really hoping to get off a WL at either here or Baylor. I'm tweaking ik ik
planning to send Long an LOI pretty soon as well
but does occur around late april-early may
source: ms1 who knows other classmates acceptance
TripleOctopus
Full Member
Current MS1 here who got off the waitlist. I followed SDN and Reddit pretty religiously, so I’m decently confident in saying that the first round of waitlist offers went out mid May. It’s not something people necessarily talk about, but I know a couple of people who got in off the waitlist.is waitlist movement common here? I didn't match and I'm really hoping to get off a WL at either here or Baylor. I'm tweaking ik ik
planning to send Long an LOI pretty soon as well
For some reason I don’t think they released their 2024 nor 2025 match resultsAnyone have the 2025 match list?
edit: 2024 is posted, just not 2025 yet
Last edited:
Was yours need based or merit based? Or was it one of those mini scholarships so you don't have to pay OOS tuition?OOS scholarship decision earlier today!
Was yours need based or merit based? Or was it one of those mini scholarships so you don't have to pay OOS tuition?
I guess merit based, it was for full tuition!
Hi guys! Just swinging by again to offer my congratulations and welcome to those who were successful in getting into the school. You're going to have a fantastic time and learn how to be amazing doctors! I'm (more or less since I'm starting rotations soon) an M3 now. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing you guys on campus! 🙂
Hello kit, out of all your classmates, what are the most common and most liked apartments in the area?Hi guys! Just swinging by again to offer my congratulations and welcome to those who were successful in getting into the school. You're going to have a fantastic time and learn how to be amazing doctors! I'm (more or less since I'm starting rotations soon) an M3 now. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing you guys on campus! 🙂
Great question! It really depends. You all will receive an “official” list of apartments from the school and upperclassmen with reviews, but I know a good chunk are down in the medical center. I’ve heard great things about the Sterling. San Antonio is a pretty cheap place to live, but obviously deals exist! The further away you live, the cheaper it is, but I think the real sweet spot is within about a 10 minute drive for price. I’ve lived at my place for the entire duration and will probably keep living there for the foreseeable future. Avoid cheaping out on apartments if you can. A good place to live lets you rest well which improves studying and learning.Hello kit, out of all your classmates, what are the most common and most liked apartments in the area?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woah sterling? when comparing prices Sterling is easily 200+ a month more than most of the surrounding apartments, like they're at 1300 while others are at 1100Great question! It really depends. You all will receive an “official” list of apartments from the school and upperclassmen with reviews, but I know a good chunk are down in the medical center. I’ve heard great things about the Sterling. San Antonio is a pretty cheap place to live, but obviously deals exist! The further away you live, the cheaper it is, but I think the real sweet spot is within about a 10 minute drive for price. I’ve lived at my place for the entire duration and will probably keep living there for the foreseeable future. Avoid cheaping out on apartments if you can. A good place to live lets you rest well which improves studying and learning.
Hi Kit! thanks for the time. What do the schedules across MS1 to MS4 look like. I recall there being some variability with Step and when we decide to begin rotations/ if we "want" a summer after MS1. I don't remember details and trying to think through what a research timeline might look like at Long. Thanks!Hi guys! Just swinging by again to offer my congratulations and welcome to those who were successful in getting into the school. You're going to have a fantastic time and learn how to be amazing doctors! I'm (more or less since I'm starting rotations soon) an M3 now. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing you guys on campus! 🙂
Has there been any waitlist information session? I saw that there was one last year?
curiouscat7
Full Member
Is there a Commit to Enroll deadline for Long for AMCAS? I can't seem to find it
Are you accepted here? Or more interested to know when others might drop the school due to narrowing down choices deadlines?Is there a Commit to Enroll deadline for Long for AMCAS? I can't seem to find it
how's the GroupMe looking in terms of movement?
Yo… bruh… I just got full tuition too 💀 ain’t no way bruh… I WILL NOW ONLY BE REFERRED TO AS STARLIGHT POLARICEI guess merit based, it was for full tuition!
Hello sorry new question, how is the Spanish-only population in San Antonio, where you study or did rotations or where your colleagues and upperclassman did rotations? What percent are Spanish only in your experience and do you feel the need to learn it at a fluent level or just a very basic one or do you have a translator etcHi guys! Just swinging by again to offer my congratulations and welcome to those who were successful in getting into the school. You're going to have a fantastic time and learn how to be amazing doctors! I'm (more or less since I'm starting rotations soon) an M3 now. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing you guys on campus! 🙂
Crown-Jewel
Full Member
Last year they first emailed on the Monday after May 1, so that’s what I’m hoping!Are we expecting WL movement this week?
They typically give WL offers to OOS candidates first I believeLast year they first emailed on the Monday after May 1, so that’s what I’m hoping!
Congrats! Can’t believe it’s finally starting, I’m IS on the WL😭OOS A off WL. Withdrawing from everywhere else. SO HAPPY.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any link to the accepted students GroupMe/group?
Welcome, did you just get a new offer to Long?Any link to the accepted students GroupMe/group?
Thanks! I got the offer around a week ago for the MSTP off the waitlistWelcome, did you just get a new offer to Long?
any (unreported) movement since 5/5?
seems like maybe next week this school will start moving?
seems like maybe next week this school will start moving?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K