2011-2012 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It brightens my life to see so many of you that have a strong believe in God. Think of this, if you are in a difficult time and in need of someone to lend you money, if you go to a friend that you abandoned or rarely see, you don't expect them to give you a dime. You should remember God during times of ease and He will remember you during times of difficulty.

Those who got accepted, congratulations and remember that there will be more difficult times to come in life, so don't abandon God now in your time of ease.
Those still waiting an interview (like me), keep praying because even though we abandon God, he will never abandon his servants.

+1...also waitlisted :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those of you have interviewed already or are scheduled to interview, could you please share your stats? Also, I have not received an email regarding the confirmation/receipt of my secondary application although the status page states that it has been confirmed on 10/28. How long did it take for you to receive a confirmation email?
Thanks again for your help.

I havent decided yet if i will...trying to figure out some things financially.

Well PM me if your open to splitting the cost of a hotel...My slim bucket of funds is also being depleted very very fast! lol
:love:

To those of you have interviewed already or are scheduled to interview, could you please share your stats? Also, I have not received an email regarding the confirmation/receipt of my secondary application although the status page states that it has been confirmed on 10/28. How long did it take for you to receive a confirmation email?
Co-sign:thumbup:

Well PM me if your open to splitting the cost of a hotel...My slim bucket of funds is also being depleted very very fast! lol
:love:

You can request a student host!

Ok, so with regards to the stats, do you by chance have the MSAR? It depicts exactly the kind of stats Meharry looks for. If not, PM me and i will give you that info.

Secondly, I sent my secondary back in August. I submitted my secondary on a sunday, it was confirmed on monday and i received the complete email on thursday, so four days. Like i said, this was back in August, so i don't know about now.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys! Congrats to all who received acceptances...Glory to God! I just got an email from Meharry saying my file was missing something, and I think it's because I didn't pay the supplemental fee because there was no payment page...did anyone else have this problem? And if so, how did you submit payment? I'm so confused. Please help! (I have FAP approval, but the instructions say to note that on the payment page...)

Hi guys! Congrats to all who received acceptances...Glory to God! I just got an email from Meharry saying my file was missing something, and I think it's because I didn't pay the supplemental fee because there was no payment page...did anyone else have this problem? And if so, how did you submit payment? I'm so confused. Please help! (I have FAP approval, but the instructions say to note that on the payment page...)

Yes, I got the same message, however, I paid and got the submitted and confirmed phrase on the activity page. Not sure what to make of this. It said I was missing one of four items:
1. Incomplete 2ndary-nope its completed....
2. MCAT scores- I thought it was submitted by AMCAS primary app
3. Fees- Had to pay fee to submit the 2ndary app
4. Letters of Rec- I thought it was submitted by AMCAS primary app

Not sure what is missing, guess I will have to call on Monday.:(:scared:

I got that email today too...I paid the fee, my letters are in per AMCAS, i finished and submitted the secondary. Muy confused right now. I shall call them first thing monday morn. Ruined my whole weekend with that email...weeeelllllll that was until I got some good curry goat but Im still perturbed. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I was wondering to ppl who have or are going to interview, where will you guys be staying at? any cheap hotel thats close to campus?

Ok, so with regards to the stats, do you by chance have the MSAR? It depicts exactly the kind of stats Meharry looks for. If not, PM me and i will give you that info.

Secondly, I sent my secondary back in August. I submitted my secondary on a sunday, it was confirmed on monday and i received the complete email on thursday, so four days. Like i said, this was back in August, so i don't know about now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I do have the MSAR but I hoped those posting here would share their stats.

Still waiting... :(

Complete email was received on October 10th. So it hasn't been a month yet. I'm just very very anxious to hear from Meharry.

Still waiting... :(

Complete email was received on October 10th. So it hasn't been a month yet. I'm just very very anxious to hear from Meharry.

I'm eager to hear back too, but don't worry too much! Data from this year's thread suggests that Meharry typically extends interview invites 3-6 weeks after completion, most extended near the 6 week mark. Of course, there might be longer wait times now that it's later in the season...

:luck: :luck: :luck: to all!

Last edited:
I'm eager to hear back too, but don't worry too much! Data from this year's thread suggests that Meharry typically extends interview invites 3-6 weeks after completion, most extended near the 6 week mark. Of course, there might be longer wait times now that it's later in the season...

:luck: :luck: :luck: to all!

well def keep us posted on when you get your interview invite... im in the same boat complete 10/18

I got that email today too...I paid the fee, my letters are in per AMCAS, i finished and submitted the secondary. Muy confused right now. I shall call them first thing monday morn. Ruined my whole weekend with that email...weeeelllllll that was until I got some good curry goat but Im still perturbed. :(

+1

I e-mailed Dr. Mosely over the weekend. Please let us know what you find out on the phone. Good luck!

I just called. They are in interviews today so I left a vmail. Will try again tomorrow.

Goat curry is the bomb... . :horns: Waiting for interview. Complete Oct 20th.

Got a complete email this evening. So I guess the email from Saturday was a flook.

well def keep us posted on when you get your interview invite... im in the same boat complete 10/18

When I get my invite :laugh: I love your positivity. I am shaking in my little pre-med boots right now at my empty inbox. ;)

But yes. Hee, luck willing I'll have good news to share, and same to you!!!

After you log in to CollegeNet, where do you go to find the status of your application? I was complete on Oct 20th. Under status it just says: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed!

Is that were admission notices will be posted? Help....

Got a complete email this evening. So I guess the email from Saturday was a flook.

+1

Then I saw that little clause that says something to the effect of "Now that your application is complete, please do not contact the admissions office, as it will severely delay your application." Just a day or two prior I sent them an update about an oral presentation accepted to a national conference. Go figure.

Got an interview for January 9th, but I requested an earlier date due to a conflict. What are my chances of getting one? Also, anyone else interviewing on January 9th, in case I do have to accept this date and any ideas of where to stay?

Got an interview for January 9th, but I requested an earlier date due to a conflict. What are my chances of getting one? Also, anyone else interviewing on January 9th, in case I do have to accept this date and any ideas of where to stay?

First off, congrats on the invite! Would you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary and when you received the interview invite? Good luck on rescheduling.

EDIT: There are 2 hotels on White Bridge Rd bordering Charlotte Ave that are quite close (within 5miles?), cheaper than staying on West End, and safer than staying closer to Meharry. One is a Days Inn and the other a Holiday Inn Express.

Last edited:
First off, congrats on the invite! Would you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary and when you received the interview invite? Good luck on rescheduling.

EDIT: There are 2 hotels on White Bridge Rd bordering Charlotte Ave that are quite close (within 5miles?), cheaper than staying on West End, and safer than staying closer to Meharry. One is a Days Inn and the other a Holiday Inn Express.

Thanks for the information, I will look up those hotels
I submitted my secondary on 8/16, i received a confirmation email on 8/22 and an interview invite on 11/09

Congrats to those with interview invites. You will love your interview day experience. For those still waiting, don't lose hope, God will provide!!!!

Regarding hotels, guys, the hotel that Meharry suggests in the e-mail (with a $99 rate) isn't necessarily that expensive. I didn't mention Meharry, and they gave me a prepaid room for $71. So my suggestion? Call whatever hotel you choose and ask what the lowest rate is. If you use expedia, orbitz, priceline, or a similar site, find the hotel on those sites, and then just call the hotel directly.

I got an interview invite on 11/9. :D

My interview is January 9th. Complete email October 12. I was waitlisted last year after interviewing kinda late (February 28) and the class was already full. So prayers for this time around!!
:luck::xf:

just got wait-listed.. does anyone know the odds of me getting in off the wait-list? Should i send a LOI? if so to who? Ms. Johnson? :( worst day ever!

Aww, I am sorry. If you want to send any LOIs, send them to Mr. Mosley or Ms. Davis. Ms. Johnson just sends out interview invites. Hope u get some good news either from Meharry or another school.

just got wait-listed.. does anyone know the odds of me getting in off the wait-list? Should i send a LOI? if so to who? Ms. Johnson? :( worst day ever!

Got an interview invite this morning for 1/30! Whooo! ::happy dance::

Congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete and/or stats?

Thanks much. I received the complete email on 10/20.
Stats: par MCAT, cGPA > 3.5 sGPA > 3.5, beaucoup extracurriculars, student-athlete, and masters degree coming in May. mGPA > 3.8.
God is Good.

Im on hold and my stats are as follows:
complete email aug 29th
GPA 3.41
Grad GPA 3.7
MCAT 29
im OOS

Just receiving email saying that my application was put on hold too!
complete email in sep5
GPA 3.88
MCA 27
I'm OOS, immigrant from Vietnam
Hix I guess my mcat is kinda low particularly my verbal! I feel so sad right now! I'm thinking about retake the MCAT in April and reapply! But I still hope to receive an interview invite from the school to get some real interview experience. Hope it works out well for all of us who get a HOLD status:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: wish us luck

Anyone else interviewing January 30th? PM me if you're open to splitting a hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.