2011-2012 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just got an interview invite!! yay! Planning my trip now. Anyone else interviewing on Dec 2?
COngrats!...when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

don't know if this matters either way, but did anyone else's complete email say to allow up to three weeks for review? i was reading the thread and noticed that some people said that their complete email said up to 6 wks....just wondering.

p.s congrats on the invites everyone!! hope to get one soon!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite! complete 10/11.. best of luck everyone

Very excited!

don't know if this matters either way, but did anyone else's complete email say to allow up to three weeks for review? i was reading the thread and noticed that some people said that their complete email said up to 6 wks....just wondering.

p.s congrats on the invites everyone!! hope to get one soon!

Mine said up to 6 weeks

retracted...

Last edited:
just got an interview invite!! yay! Planning my trip now. Anyone else interviewing on Dec 2?

Congrats LuvDr and Emmadoc!!!! Emma- When were you complete?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the statistics are after landing an interview? I wonder what my odds are of getting in....I'm so nervous this is my first interview..:scared:

Are interview invites sent via email or via online link? Or Both.

In the online link, where can you find your status update?
Is it here:
Status: Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed!(Are you suppose to see it here?) Order ID:
Amount Paid:
Started:
Sent:
Confirmed:
Institution home page:

When I click on Institution home page, I get this message:

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

http://admissions.mmc.edu/default.asp?SID=22

Does anyone know what the statistics are after landing an interview? I wonder what my odds are of getting in....I'm so nervous this is my first interview..:scared:

MSAR gives these stats for out of state applicants:

4,232 Applied
422 Interviewed
90 Matriculate

so i'm not sure how many are actually accepted...maybe ~120? in any case, maybe about 30% post-interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on a boat! (on a boat!) On a boat! Hee. :D (Aka, nice to be on the October completion date boat with everyone)

Meharry did say to allow up to 6 weeks for feedback, so worst case scenario, we should hear back early December...

Heeey girl...Im on that boat too. Got the secondary today and submitted it today.Now I am getting nervous :scared::scared::scared:

Last edited:
According to MSAR Meharry starts sending out earliest acceptances tomorrow...:scared:

Last edited:
According to MSAR Meharry starts sending out acceptances tomorrow...:scared:

That is great news....I can't stand the wait anymore. I actually woke up with a nightmare today...(I got accepted in my dream, but waking up sucked!) Also I have so many secondaries that I am just holding on to...just incase I get into Meharry, because it's my first choice, so this week determines ALOT :scared:

:xf::luck:

Best of Luck everyone. I wonder what time emails are sent out...I want to wait for it...lol

My stomach just made a 180 turn and is stuck that way.... OMG God give me strenght for this day I feel like dying

That is great news....I can't stand the wait anymore. I actually woke up with a nightmare today...(I got accepted in my dream, but waking up sucked!) Also I have so many secondaries that I am just holding on to...just incase I get into Meharry, because it's my first choice, so this week determines ALOT :scared:

:xf::luck:

Best of Luck everyone. I wonder what time emails are sent out...I want to wait for it...lol

I agree completely! Why must they continue to toy with us. This suspense is killing me! Last night i couldn't sleep. This forum is my saving grace. It's great to know I am not the only one feeling this way. Best of luck to all! :xf:

The worst thing is that just because the earliest release date is the 1st of November, doesn't mean we're going to hear anything today.
I really had a great time interviewing here and I wish everyone (and me!!) best of luck

Is anyone interviewing on 11/21???

Interviewing on Dec 2nd...hope to see some of you all there!!!!!

I'm going to be a DOCTOR!
Just got an email.

:love:

OMG!
OMG!

Praise the LORG!:soexcited::biglove:

I am going to BE A DOCTOR TOOOO OOMG
SEE YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR

Waitlisted congratulations to everyone that got accepted. Meharry is a wonderful school!

So guys,
I haven't been posting so much here because i am kind of superstitious. I wanted to get everything together before i posted this. So i got a complete email from Meharry on August 18th 2011. I got an interview invitation on 10/6/2011 for an interview date on 10/24/2011. So i went to my interview last week monday and i am in shock that i just got an email at 6:17pm saying i got accepted into MMC Class of 2016. I am going to be a doctor. Thank you so much God for all you have done. I give you the glory. Good luck to the rest of you!!! May God shine his Glory upon you guys as well.

So guys,
I haven't been posting so much here because i am kind of superstitious. I wanted to get everything together before i posted this. So i got a complete email from Meharry on August 18th 2011. I got an interview invitation on 10/6/2011 for an interview date on 10/24/2011. So i went to my interview last week monday and i am in shock that i just got an email at 6:17pm saying i got accepted into MMC Class of 2016. I am going to be a doctor. Thank you so much God for all you have done. I give you the glory. Good luck to the rest of you!!! May God shine his Glory upon you guys as well.

:clap::clap::clap:Awwww congrats Paaakwasi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

ObeahDoctor,
I have always been reading the threads of Meharry, Howard and Morehouse and i see you there. I pray for the favor of God upon you. I hope you get accepted into one of these great schools. All you need is ONE ACCEPTANCE!!! Thank you God!!!

:clap::clap::clap:Awwww congrats Paaakwasi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

ObeahDoctor,
I have always been reading the threads of Meharry, Howard and Morehouse and i see you there. I pray for the favor of God upon you. I hope you get accepted into one of these great schools. All you need is ONE ACCEPTANCE!!! Thank you God!!!

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Hopefully we will be classmates :)

Now go pop a bottle of Two Buck Chuck or Boones Farm and get the party started!!!!! lol

Lol. For sure ObeahDoctor, but i don't drink. I am so excited, I can't contain it. All the Glory goes to God. :D

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Hopefully we will be classmates :)

Now go pop a bottle of Two Buck Chuck or Boones Farm and get the party started!!!!! lol

Congrat to everyone I cannot wait to start with you guys because i believe you are all wonderful and we will have a blast ;)

:love::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

---------------------------------------------

Isaih 38 vs 17

For sure Dembi. I am beyond excited. God is GOOD!!!!:love:

Congrat to everyone I cannot wait to start with you guys because i believe you are all wonderful and we will have a blast ;)

:love::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

---------------------------------------------

Isaih 38 vs 17

So guys,

this brings ME so much joy...congratulations paaakwasi!!!!!!!!!

thanks tpoc3. I am in shock, because i am not the best applicant out there. I thank God that schools like Meharry give people like me a chance. I will really make Meharry proud. The fact that I interviewed so early and the mere fact that i got an acceptance decision 8 days after my interview really really proves that God is on my side. I hope you will be able to share in the joy soon tpoc3. I wish you all the best!!!! :luck::luck::xf::xf:

this brings ME so much joy...congratulations paaakwasi!!!!!!!!!

thanks tpoc3. I am in shock, because i am not the best applicant out there. I thank God that schools like Meharry give people like me a chance. I will really make Meharry proud. The fact that I interviewed so early and the mere fact that i got an acceptance decision 8 days after my interview really really proves that God is on my side. I hope you will be able to share in the joy soon tpoc3. I wish you all the best!!!! :luck::luck::xf::xf:

:) :) :) all smiles. this is awesome! God's got your back :)
pray for me! interview's this coming monday...nervous, but from what you've said about the school, hopeful God will also be on my side :)

Yes, tonight is a great night for me. God sure does. I will be praying for you. Don't be too nervous. Just know why medicine and why Meharry. Also state your passion for serving the underserved. Praying you get my interviewer Dr. Jackson. He is awesome!!! You will do good, don't worry too much!!!! God be with you. :love::love::luck::luck::xf:

:) :) :) all smiles. this is awesome! God's got your back :)
pray for me! interview's this coming monday...nervous, but from what you've said about the school, hopeful God will also be on my side :)

Congrats to everyone who got in and those with upcoming interviews! I'm pleased to say I got accepted too!:) This is my second time applying, the rejection was hard last year, but dreams do come true!...as long as you are willing to retake the MCAT! I wish everyone the best of luck!

Just got home from working at coach and had to wake my mom up because i was about to fall on the floor!!! Accepted meharry class of 2016!!!!! kebe we in there lol:thumbup::D

Congratulations to you all AND kebede thanks for posting the letter on your blog!!! :)

Congrats to all you who got accepted....you beautiful hard working people you....:soexcited::claps::banana:

It brightens my life to see so many of you that have a strong believe in God. Think of this, if you are in a difficult time and in need of someone to lend you money, if you go to a friend that you abandoned or rarely see, you don't expect them to give you a dime. You should remember God during times of ease and He will remember you during times of difficulty.

Those who got accepted, congratulations and remember that there will be more difficult times to come in life, so don't abandon God now in your time of ease.
Those still waiting an interview (like me), keep praying because even though we abandon God, he will never abandon his servants.

Congrats to everyone accepted! Still waiting for an interview invite...c'mon Meharry, show me some love...

Status
Not open for further replies.