You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
heeeey i want to visit the school too but I have to train for a marathon in the mornings(yahooooooooooooooooo!) do you guys think that anybody will be there in the late afternoon? I think thats the earliest I can make it?
The school - and most offices - are open from 9-5.
Or wake up earlier? I used to do 100 mile weeks in one run a day. I'd start at 6am, be done by 7:30 at the latest, except Sunday.
Holy crap. You really are a runner lol. I did my first marathon in January and could hardly walk for a week afterward haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or wake up earlier? I used to do 100 mile weeks in one run a day. I'd start at 6am, be done by 7:30 at the latest, except Sunday.
Another serious runner on SDN 😀. Last summer i was running 4 miles in the morning before 8am class and then 10 miles or a tempo 7:30. Its TOO humid for me in the morning to do my main run
Another serious runner on SDN 😀. Last summer i was running 4 miles in the morning before 8am class and then 10 miles or a tempo 7:30. Its TOO humid for me in the morning to do my main run
Varsity athlete eh? Me too. At A&M. Where are you?
Varsity athlete eh? Me too. At A&M. Where are you?
I just PM'ed you
I just PM'ed you
You sure? I haven't received it.
You sure? I haven't received it.
I just did lol. I forgot to put a title on the message
do you want to meet with an admissions committee member or just walk around the school with a student?heeeey i want to visit the school too but I have to train for a marathon in the mornings(yahooooooooooooooooo!) do you guys think that anybody will be there in the late afternoon? I think thats the earliest I can make it?
if you want a tour or just to talk to a student, I'm sure we can set that up for any random time you want. If you want to meet with someone in admissions it will obviously have to be M-F 8-5ish.
I think we have a rule against giving tours to current applicants, but I'm sure if you just want to meet with a student and ask some questions, we can work something out.
Does this school send a confirmation of having received the TMDSAS application? This has been the only school from which I have not received an email at all. Transmitted on 07/05. Should I panic?
Nope. They dont.Does this school send a confirmation of having received the TMDSAS application? This has been the only school from which I have not received an email at all. Transmitted on 07/05. Should I panic?
Random useless fact, but the school sent an email out letting us know that the students who just took the Step have a 99% pass rate and an average of 236 at this point.
Random useless fact, but the school sent an email out letting us know that the students who just took the Step have a 99% pass rate and an average of 236 at this point.
That really is incredible. When I shadowed last week I hung around a few med students. They all seemed very happy.
👍Random useless fact, but the school sent an email out letting us know that the students who just took the Step have a 99% pass rate and an average of 236 at this point.
Random useless fact, but the school sent an email out letting us know that the students who just took the Step have a 99% pass rate and an average of 236 at this point.
This is pretty useful. That's a pretty solid average step score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First interview date will be September 2
Sweet. Thanks for the info. I figured as much good to confirm though.First interview date will be September 2
First interview date will be September 2
So excited!! Countdown now 😛
You are foaming with useful intel 🙂First interview date will be September 2
hmmm.. it's August come on Houston![]()
well... its not mid-august yet, which is when the invites will start coming out.
but fingers crossed all the same, hah.
well... its not mid-august yet, which is when the invites will start coming out.
but fingers crossed all the same, hah.
I know but time sure slows when you're waiting!😀
I'm probably taking this Friday off if anyone still has a desire to chat about the school or whatever.Well since I'm in the area every Monday and Wednesday, I would be glad to! How would I go about doing that?
i heard they started giving out interviews
i heard they started giving out interviews
no change on the twitter for uth med admins. last one was saying first interview is sept 3rd which was on aug 4
Wish I could take you up on that. I will def holla next time I'm near H town. I'm guessing you can provide some info on practicing in the military also?I'm probably taking this Friday off if anyone still has a desire to chat about the school or whatever.
Thank you andOrientation stuff started Monday going through the week and school starts next Monday, and it seems like most of the admissions people are helping out with stuff - so I wouldn't expect anything til next week at the earliest.

That's not what I heard 🙂i heard they started giving out interviews
Wish I could take you up on that. I will def holla next time I'm near H town. I'm guessing you can provide some info on practicing in the military also?
I never went military, but likely will in the future. When I signed up here in was dead set on going to USUHS but then I got married and my wife nixed that idea.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's not what I heard 🙂
someone during another school interview told me he got an invite a couple of days ago. guess hes a big fat liar 😱
someone during another school interview told me he got an invite a couple of days ago. guess hes a big fat liar 😱
Sounds just about right - I'd say its safe to assume that 40% of what most people say at interviews is exaggerated or complete bs.
Well, congrats on gettin married. Guess I will google USUHSI never went military, but likely will in the future. When I signed up here in was dead set on going to USUHS but then I got married and my wife nixed that idea.
Sounds just about right - I'd say its safe to assume that 40% of what most people say at interviews is exaggerated or complete bs.

Sounds just about right - I'd say its safe to assume that 40% of what most people say at interviews is exaggerated or complete bs.
I asked Caroline, one of the admissions people at TCOM, specifically about UT Houston and she said they had started offering interview invites and the only school not to do so was Southwest. That being said, there's enough people patrolling these boards that if they had done a mass invite, SOMEONE here would have gotten one.
I asked Caroline, one of the admissions people at TCOM, specifically about UT Houston and she said they had started offering interview invites and the only school not to do so was Southwest. That being said, there's enough people patrolling these boards that if they had done a mass invite, SOMEONE here would have gotten one.
Ummmm.... I think the only truly reliable source would be someone from UT Houston saying that.. Just sayin.....
But I suppose it does make sense since its only about 3 weeks away from the first interview date. Still I'm a little skeptical unless we have a ton of lurkers that have interview invites already.
Ummmm.... I think the only truly reliable source would be someone from UT Houston saying that.. Just sayin.....
But I suppose it does make sense since its only about 3 weeks away from the first interview date. Still I'm a little skeptical unless we have a ton of lurkers that have interview invites already.
frieken lurkers.
sorry if this has already been asked, but did UT Houston send out any email to confirm receiving your app, like San Antonio and Galveston did?
they don't send them out. if you're complete with TMDSAS you're complete with UTHsorry if this has already been asked, but did UT Houston send out any email to confirm receiving your app, like San Antonio and Galveston did?
So does anyone know FOR SURE if they've sent out any invites yet??
My source is fairly reliable, but I can't say with 100% certainty.So does anyone know FOR SURE if they've sent out any invites yet??
It's no longer a mystery. Interview invite this morning for Sept 2!!
Y U NO LOVE ME UT-H.
Grats on the interviews 🙂
Grats on the interviews 🙂
Congrats on the interviews guys!
It's no longer a mystery. Interview invite this morning for Sept 2!!
Same got one for September 2nd!
congrats both. email or phone call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email
So only two SDN'ers have received UTH interview invites? I noticed on the twitter feed that they are pretty adamant about not changing dates for interviews. I wonder if anyone has gotten both a Baylor and UTH interview on the same day since they both start on the 2nd.
So only two SDN'ers have received UTH interview invites? I noticed on the twitter feed that they are pretty adamant about not changing dates for interviews. I wonder if anyone has gotten both a Baylor and UTH interview on the same day since they both start on the 2nd.
yea, i think you will lose the uth interview spot if you try to move it
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
