2011-2012 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
granted this was a couple of years ago and personnel have changed lately, but they told me they will usually let people move their date 1 time. I had to push my interview date back a week and it apparently caused no problems.

but either way you know you'd rather come to UT-H, so if you get one from us and Baylor on the same day, push Baylor back 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to recent interview invites - hopefully by early september the first years will have a clue what we're doing! :laugh:
 
The new first years are always the best people to talk to because they can really tell you how med school compares to undergrad, but only after they've taken a test. I remember interviewees talking to the first years last year at the end of their first block of exams. You'll get some honest answers from people that stressed out
 
teaser email ftl


Your application has been received.



This email is a CONFIRMATION that UT Houston has received your application and is not to be interpreted as an interview invitation. We will send out interview invitations via email so please continue to check your email.



Since UT Houston does not accept any additional recommendation/update letters sent directly to the school until after you are invited to be interviewed, please update TMDSAS with any change of information (address, grades, MCAT, etc.).



Thank you for applying to the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email the Admissions and Student Affairs Office at [email protected] and we will be glad to help you.



Best wishes,

Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
 
Lucky me, just got an application complete email.

Edit: DAMN, beat to it. Probably because I was trying to ask BMEN if he had gotten the same email via Facebook.
 
tumblr_l8nu0iLgvX1qzx2fh_thumb.png
haha 👍

you guys must have missed the part of the email that said "And we're not going to invite you for an interview, so forget about it."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just remember that interview date doesn't impact your chance of admission. I know we all like to interview early, but it's not necessary to get in 🙂 plus the weather sucks now, wait until it gets a little cooler to come visit
 
just remember that interview date doesn't impact your chance of admission. I know we all like to interview early, but it's not necessary to get in 🙂 plus the weather sucks now, wait until it gets a little cooler to come visit

Weather is the exact same in College Station if not worse :laugh:

Thanks! Anxiously waiting.
 
LOL I'm in the same boat...got back from volunteering and saw the email. It got me excited for no reason. I guess i'll just nap and dream about an invitation email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will see you all on 9/16! 🙂

3 of my interview invites have come on the two days that I forgot to obsessively check my email. Maybe it's a sign.
 
In the Interview Invite email they sent an attachment with a shuttle pass. If we are bringing a car, we can get to everyplace we need with a car right. Is the shuttle only for people who are flying in without cars? or Is the shuttle pass needed for the tour or other parts of the day??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how are you guys preparing for the interview? are there resources that I should be aware of? I'm a nontrad applicant so won't have access to mock interviews. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.