-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interviewing here on Friday! Compiling a "Why UT-Houston" list is definitely more fun than doing biochem problems.
I'll be there too.
I'll be there too.
Are you going to the Thursday night social? I was thinking about doing so, but I have a once-a-week class on Thursday nights that I have not actually attended yet... oops.
Anyway, best of luck! (and of course, gig 'em)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you going to the Thursday night social? I was thinking about doing so, but I have a once-a-week class on Thursday nights that I have not actually attended yet... oops.
Anyway, best of luck! (and of course, gig 'em)
I have a class that ends at 5:25pm (in College Station) so I probably won't be attending. I wish I could though.
See you guys on Friday! Can't wait!
Unfortunately I don't think I can attend the social either. See you guys on Friday!
Ah, UT-H. I've been waiting for you 🙂
Ah, UT-H. I've been waiting for you 🙂
UT-H is one of the places that would work best for me geographically-speaking. The fact that it's an excellent school? I can live with that.
Interviewing here on Friday! Compiling a "Why UT-Houston" list is definitely more fun than doing biochem problems.
I'll be there too.
See you guys on Friday! Can't wait!
Unfortunately I don't think I can attend the social either. See you guys on Friday!
Ah, UT-H. I've been waiting for you 🙂
Good luck on the third UTH interview date (9/16). Please leave us some detailed feedback when you have a chance.

Thanks for the link. I really prefer open-file interviews at this point, so that makes me feel better for tomorrow.
Just finished preparing for tomorrow.
Trying to figure out how long it's going to take to drive up from Clear Lake. I'll probably leave at 6:30am
Trying to figure out how long it's going to take to drive up from Clear Lake. I'll probably leave at 6:30am
Just finished preparing for tomorrow.
Trying to figure out how long it's going to take to drive up from Clear Lake. I'll probably leave at 6:30am
Good luck tomorrow 👍
I don't think I can adequately express how much I loved this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think I can adequately express how much I loved this school.
Glad you enjoyed it. We love our school
Glad you enjoyed it. We love our school
And you could tell. Even with the M1's having their first exams next week they were more than happy to talk to us about their school.
I don't think I can adequately express how much I loved this school.
agreed!! it was completely amazing. Definitely my first choice
The interview day went very well. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect--I was not overly familiar with UT-Houston or the Texas Medical Center--but the school and its facilities were very impressive.
Did you guys have morning or afternoon interviews?
Afternoon.
I agree with everyone else - I thought the school was great! Interviews were really laid back, and everyone was so nice.
Afternoon.
Ah, sorry your bus tour wasn't better. Those students in the observation dome messed up our usual talking spot.
Were you asking about the indoor running track?
Ah, sorry your bus tour wasn't better. Those students in the observation dome messed up our usual talking spot.
Were you asking about the indoor running track?
Ah. So that was you. It's cool though, being in there was the best part of any interview I've been too.
Nah, I didn't ask any questions. I could never run indoors.
yes, I transmitted around that time. I have an interview on Friday... I received an invite on 9/8.Anybody transmitted late July, beginning of August got interview invite yet?
Anybody transmitted late July, beginning of August got interview invite yet?
Mine was transmitted mid-July and still haven't hear anything. 🙁
Nice! I don't have a very competitive Mcat. I hope my GPA would make up for it. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon. Houston is my number one choice.yes, I transmitted around that time. I have an interview on Friday... I received an invite on 9/8.
I'm going to give them a phone call if there s still no news beginning of October. Don't lose hope though. There's still November and December interviews.Mine was transmitted mid-July and still haven't hear anything. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i transmitted on 6/10, got the email from ut houston saying that they recieved my application 8/16, but i haven't heard from them since. 🙁 i am really worried too! Has anyone gotten an interview past 9/22??
+1
I transmitted on 6/10, got the email from ut houston saying that they recieved my application 8/16, but I haven't heard from them since. 🙁 I am really worried too! Has anyone gotten an interview past 9/22??
me too - OOS
I also thought the school was good. I had a strange interview where I was grilled about anatomy and left feeling really confused about how I did so I guess I can kiss a pre-match goodbye. The tour was by far the coolest I've been to so far, but I don't know how much of it is really because of the actual school since they seemed to be more focused on the "cool" parts of the TMC like the helipad.
I also thought the school was good. I had a strange interview where I was grilled about anatomy and left feeling really confused about how I did so I guess I can kiss a pre-match goodbye. The tour was by far the coolest I've been to so far, but I don't know how much of it is really because of the actual school since they seemed to be more focused on the "cool" parts of the TMC like the helipad.
What type of anatomy questions? That seems odd.
I also thought the school was good. I had a strange interview where I was grilled about anatomy and left feeling really confused about how I did so I guess I can kiss a pre-match goodbye. The tour was by far the coolest I've been to so far, but I don't know how much of it is really because of the actual school since they seemed to be more focused on the "cool" parts of the TMC like the helipad.
What else did you expect to see? We saw all of the student facilities?
Lol I don't want to ruin it for anyone that will be interviewing with this person in the future, but I had to answer a bunch of questions related to the excretory and digestive systems. I just felt kind of unprepared for it, probably because I haven't looked at anything related to anatomy for over a year since my MCAT.
No I knew that was what we were going to see but I just thought it was funny (albeit super cool) that we saw the open heart surgery and went to the helipad as they honestly don't have anything to do with UT-Houston. Even the tour guides admitted that they hadn't revisited those places since their interviews 2 years ago.
No I knew that was what we were going to see but I just thought it was funny (albeit super cool) that we saw the open heart surgery and went to the helipad as they honestly don't have anything to do with UT-Houston. Even the tour guides admitted that they hadn't revisited those places since their interviews 2 years ago.
If you have it you might as well flaunt it.
If you have it you might as well flaunt it.
I agree. I thought it was helpful to be able to see how awesome some of the hospitals nearby are, because I assume it means UTH students have some access to really interesting opportunities in the clinical years. I wish more schools had used this approach.
don't get caught up in the interview day magic. there are plenty of other great reasons to come to UT-H that are completely unrelated to the helipad and THINo I knew that was what we were going to see but I just thought it was funny (albeit super cool) that we saw the open heart surgery and went to the helipad as they honestly don't have anything to do with UT-Houston. Even the tour guides admitted that they hadn't revisited those places since their interviews 2 years ago.
Interviewed here yesterday- wow. First time seeing the TMC and I was blown away. Every student we met seemed head-over-heels in love with the school too, and were all extremely friendly and accommodating. They also really, really love their chocolate cake haha
Interviewed here yesterday- wow. First time seeing the TMC and I was blown away. Every student we met seemed head-over-heels in love with the school too, and were all extremely friendly and accommodating. They also really, really love their chocolate cake haha
Dude the Choco cake was so awesome
SO yea. Loved this school. Can it be next year please 😍
I also thought the school was good. I had a strange interview where I was grilled about anatomy and left feeling really confused about how I did so I guess I can kiss a pre-match goodbye. The tour was by far the coolest I've been to so far, but I don't know how much of it is really because of the actual school since they seemed to be more focused on the "cool" parts of the TMC like the helipad.
I agree. I felt that they seemed to emphasize the TMC alot and not other features of the school. I wish the initial presentation had been more in depth as at other schools Ive been to. My interviewers could not answers any questions I had about the school itself and one even gave me false information. This school has so much going for it in addition to the TMC and I ony got this info from asking the students a lot of questions. The students were verY friendly and seemed to love being there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not every interviewer went to UTH or knows everything about the place. Feel free to ask us anything you want to know and we'll try to get you a good and truthful answer
I felt like some of the information about the school was misleading... one of the admissions people compared the rec center to a 24 hour fitness, then there was a power-point slide that looked something like this:
"
Then I asked my tour guide about the gym and he said it wasn't 24 hours...
....
Other than that, I really liked the school.
"
- random school fact
- State of the art student recreation center
- 24 hour access to facilities
- random school fact
Then I asked my tour guide about the gym and he said it wasn't 24 hours...
....
Other than that, I really liked the school.
You sure it was 24 hour access to the rec center, or other school facilities? Because everything but the gym is 24 hours...
either way, I'm sorry that this information was misleading or wrong. I hope that access to the rec center is a minor setback in your decision of which school to choose.
either way, I'm sorry that this information was misleading or wrong. I hope that access to the rec center is a minor setback in your decision of which school to choose.
Don't get me wrong, I was impressed on multiple levels and I would be honored to attend 😎
... I just thought that was pretty confusing (and I kinda assumed that it sounded too good to be true). I think it was just a weird coincidence... and maybe I'm a little disappointed b/c a 24 hour gym would be sweet
... I just thought that was pretty confusing (and I kinda assumed that it sounded too good to be true). I think it was just a weird coincidence... and maybe I'm a little disappointed b/c a 24 hour gym would be sweet

Don't get me wrong, I was impressed on multiple levels and I would be honored to attend 😎
... I just thought that was pretty confusing (and I kinda assumed that it sounded too good to be true). I think it was just a weird coincidence... and maybe I'm a little disappointed b/c a 24 hour gym would be sweet![]()
it would.... but in reality, once school gets going, the only thing you're going to be concerned about being open 24 hours is a nice quiet place to study
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K