2011-2012 Yale Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What manual LOR thing? I sent mine on AMCAS.

That they have to manually upload or process somehow (see several previous posts). My recs have been in for weeks, and like many people, they still aren't acknowledged on the status page.

That they have to manually upload or process somehow (see several previous posts). My recs have been in for weeks, and like many people, they still aren't acknowledged on the status page.

That happened with me, too. They were in since before I applied, but it takes them a few weeks to eyeball everything. You can call if you like and they'll let you know if they've been uploaded, but it has to go through a final checker before it goes up on the status page.

Members don't see this ad :)
That happened with me, too. They were in since before I applied, but it takes them a few weeks to eyeball everything. You can call if you like and they'll let you know if they've been uploaded, but it has to go through a final checker before it goes up on the status page.

Hm. Mine were uploaded post-primary (and post-secondary), so I figured that was the case. I might shoot 'em an email next week if I'm still incomplete, but I'm not rushing at this point. If I get an interview, I kinda wanna leave Yale for later on in the cycle, anyway.

they already started sending out interview invites and my mcat and lor are still not entered in. sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with contacting a school about an interview before they notify you (because I'll be in the state for 2 other interviews and was hoping to knock out NY and New Haven in one trip)? If it was any school besides Yale I wouldn't really be worried, but I was just curious.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with contacting a school about an interview before they notify you (because I'll be in the state for 2 other interviews and was hoping to knock NY out in one trip)? If it was any school besides Yale I wouldn't really be worried, but I was just curious.

Thanks

I wouldn't have the balls to try. Let us know how it works out if you decide to.

Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with contacting a school about an interview before they notify you (because I'll be in the state for 2 other interviews and was hoping to knock NY out in one trip)? If it was any school besides Yale I wouldn't really be worried, but I was just curious.

Thanks

I have heard that some people have success with this, but if you really really love Yale and it's your top choice, I might not want to bug them.

Leo & Snuke - Haha, yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too.

I've got a handful of east coast interviews and after checking out the cost of room/board and flights, Im a little stressed about funds and whatnot.

Well...I applied to a ton of schools, it probably wouldn't hurt to just ask :)

I'll keep everyone posted

Leo & Snuke - Haha, yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too.

I've got a handful of east coast interviews and after checking out the cost of room/board and flights, Im a little stressed about funds and whatnot.

Well...I applied to a ton of schools, it probably wouldn't hurt to just ask :)

I'll keep everyone posted

Dude I know what you are saying. The flights, renting a car, and missing classes, is getting on my nerves. Last week I was excited with every interview I got. This week is more like:

"Hey another interview! Crap there goes another 500 bucks:("

Dude I know what you are saying. The flights, renting a car, and missing classes, is getting on my nerves. Last week I was excited with every interview I got. This week is more like:

There are worse problems to have, but I do empathize a bit. The only flight I've had so far, I managed to get for a skinny $300, plus transportation of around $50 because I'd saved $200 by flying into an airport that wasn't right next to the school.

Who's feeling invites this week? Come on, Yale!

I'll take some of those interviews off your hands :p

I'll take some of those interviews off your hands :p

You're right, I shouldn't be saying things like this when there are people with no interviews so far.

The truth is that this process is really expensive and time consuming and once you get to the point where you have to shell out the big bucks, the pressure gets on your back.

my lor and mcat score still hasnt been marked as received. should i call next week?

my lor and mcat score still hasnt been marked as received. should i call next week?

Took me the better part of a month. I didn't call; it just sorted itself out on its own. I'm in no rush, though, and I live pretty close to New Haven. So... grain of salt, perhaps.

I submitted my app on June 23, and they JUST uploaded my letters on Friday (currently under review :eek:). So I'd say the lag time is at least a month haha

When you guys filled out the activities section on the secondary, did you describe them or you just listed them?

When you guys filled out the activities section on the secondary, did you describe them or you just listed them?

I just listed them for the most part, though I gave a few of them a very brief explanation if it wasn't completely clear what that meant from the title.

What have you guys been writing on the "Additional Page," if anything? I mean, I already answered the "Why Yale?" secondary question (to use this page as an extension seems inappropriate). Should I toss in my diversity essay? Leave it blank?

I didn't write anything additional and got an interview invite on 8/2. I'd say write if you have something not conveyed by other parts of your primary or secondary application that is important. If you don't, then don't write anything.

Well, I'll mark this as another school I have no shot at.

INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm literally shaking as I type. Taking the day off work to celebrate!!!!!

INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm literally shaking as I type. Taking the day off work to celebrate!!!!!

Congratulations to you!! When did it come in, just now?

INTERVIEW INVITEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! YES! So incredibly happy now! :D:D:D

Yale = :love:

Congrats to eeeveryone here! I'm super thrilled for all of you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.