**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from La Verne Psy.D yet???

Received a rejection letter in the mail.

A little bummed because its a rejection letter, but I wont lose any sleep over it.

I did not like what I saw down in La Verne. Beautiful campus, just not the right program for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an offer from my top choice... DePaul! :soexcited:

Got an email yesterday offering me a spot for the counseling program at Northern Colorado. I'd seen some people post that they'd heard from there earlier on gradcafe, but I haven't heard of any other acceptances on this board yet.

Nova Southeastern University
Clinical PsyD
Acceptance
Email from admissions coordinator on 3/10/11 with snail mail letter to follow

One of my co-workers was accepted into the Pace Psy.D. in school-child clinical psych (she's not an SDNer, but approved this message). Just updating if anyone is waiting to hear from them. :)

One of my co-workers was accepted into the Pace Psy.D. in school-child clinical psych (she's not an SDNer, but approved this message). Just updating if anyone is waiting to hear from them. :)

I am waiting to hear from them! Do you know how she was contacted and when?

I am waiting to hear from them! Do you know how she was contacted and when?

Yep, she uses the computer next to me at work, and got an email about an hour ago. Good luck to you!!!

Nova Southeastern University
Clinical PsyD
Acceptance
Email from admissions coordinator on 3/10/11 with snail mail letter to follow

Just wondering, did you happen to apply to the psychodynamic concentration? (going by your username) I'm waiting to hear from them now ahhhhh

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, did you happen to apply to the psychodynamic concentration? (going by your username) I'm waiting to hear from them now ahhhhh

I did apply for the psychodynamic concentration but will be declining the offer. The dynamic track was not represented at the interview day (ALL other tracks were, with profs giving mini lectures, etc.). I had to talk to a student in the track to get any info, who is 1 of 6 in the program, and the prof is apparently 82. It was SO disappointing. It just didn't seem like an important piece of the program, so I'm opting to go to a school where the overall theoretical orientation is dynamic, as opposed to just a track. Also, the school felt really large and the area wasn't the greatest. Nice campus, though.

To the person who was accepted to UVA Curry, could you PM me your POI as well?

Thanks!

Call today from DCT offering admission into NMSU's Counseling Psychology program!! My #1 choice...so in love with Las Cruces!! :love:

Good to luck to everyone!!

As of 3/7, I've been accepted into Rutgers PsyD and the PhD program at the University of Kansas :).
Hi, congrats for your acceptance into the Rutgers PsyD program! I was accepted this week too. I am waiting to hear from them regarding financial offers. Have you communicated with them about this? Could you let me know once you have received your a notice of initial offer? My email inbox has been acting up, so I am worried that things don't reach me in time. Thanks!

Spalding called me this morning (the director of program/faculty member who interviewed me).

OMG! I finally got an acceptance! I applied last year and got nothing - not even an interview. This year, four interviews (on this Monday) but waitlisted at my first two interviews and haven't heard from the third. Then today I got a phone call with an offer (off the waitlist) from one of my top two schools! I am sooo relieved/excited/happy! Apparently getting in off the waitlist *does* happen, sometimes sooner than you think!

Keep thinking positively everyone!

OMG! I finally got an acceptance! I applied last year and got nothing - not even an interview. This year, four interviews (on this Monday) but waitlisted at my first two interviews and haven't heard from the third. Then today I got a phone call with an offer (off the waitlist) from one of my top two schools! I am sooo relieved/excited/happy! Apparently getting in off the waitlist *does* happen, sometimes sooner than you think!

Keep thinking positively everyone!

Congrats!! I am happy for you and that gives me hope that I may get off my waitlist - first choice also :)

Has anyone else heard from Pace's combined PsyD program or St. John's School PsyD yet?

Last edited:
Has anyone else heard from Pace's combined PsyD program or St. John's School PsyD yet?

Hey there,

I posted this a few posts back, but my co-worker was accepted to Pace's combined Psy.D. program yesterday. Good luck!

I did apply for the psychodynamic concentration but will be declining the offer. The dynamic track was not represented at the interview day (ALL other tracks were, with profs giving mini lectures, etc.). I had to talk to a student in the track to get any info, who is 1 of 6 in the program, and the prof is apparently 82. It was SO disappointing. It just didn't seem like an important piece of the program, so I'm opting to go to a school where the overall theoretical orientation is dynamic, as opposed to just a track. Also, the school felt really large and the area wasn't the greatest. Nice campus, though.

I agree, the primary focus seems to be on health and forensic tracks at Nova. I did meet Dr. Bady Quintar, who heads up the psychodynamic dept, and he seems like a fascinating man. Good luck!

Hello, so I read this thread and did a search and there is a consensus that you should let every school that is still considering you know that you have accepted another offer. I'm still unsure about who I should notify.
For a school that has given me an offer and the POI is also the DCT, should I just let them know, or should I also contact the secretary? I have only communicated directly with the POI at this school.
At another school my app is still be considered after an interview. They do things a bit different, the admissions committee is responsible for everything rather than POIs. I know I should let them know. Should I also inform the POI that I was most interested in working with since I know her on a somewhat personal level? (She's friends with all my current mentors). I'm only unsure because at this school you don't go to interview with a particular POI, but with 3 or 4 that matched your interests. In which case, should I also email my 2nd and 3rd choice POIs?

Thanks!!
PS I've accepted an offer at University of Missouri Columbia if it should be added to the list. :)

I have a question about contacting programs after interviews. I only received one interview and I thought that it went really well. I got along really well with the professors and the grad students. However, that was about a month ago.

I stupidly went on the first interview day (stupid because it prolonged my wait) and so really, it has only been about two weeks since their last interview day and a month since mine.

I've been getting worried about not hearing anything from them and have called the assistant to the DCT about 20 times over the last three weeks. She has consistently not answered a singe one of my calls.

My question is if you guys all think it would be acceptable to contact the professors I interviewed with, asking them when they expect to have a decision for me. Should I call or email?

Discuss.

I have a question about contacting programs after interviews. I only received one interview and I thought that it went really well. I got along really well with the professors and the grad students. However, that was about a month ago.

I stupidly went on the first interview day (stupid because it prolonged my wait) and so really, it has only been about two weeks since their last interview day and a month since mine.

I've been getting worried about not hearing anything from them and have called the assistant to the DCT about 20 times over the last three weeks. She has consistently not answered a singe one of my calls.

My question is if you guys all think it would be acceptable to contact the professors I interviewed with, asking them when they expect to have a decision for me. Should I call or email?

Discuss.

I think since it's been a month, it would be appropriate to contact them. I recently contacted a program after a month and asked the clinical director when I should be expecting to hear from them. Also, reiterate your interest in the program.

Yep, I waited about a month after my first interview and didn't hear a word. So I contacted my POI and she emailed me back right away. I think as long as you word the email appropriately and reiterate your interest in the program, it's not a problem.

Just received a letter stating that I am waitlisted at Widener PsyD. I will notify them to remove me, as I have accepted an offer elsewhere. Hopefully this will be a small help to anyone else on their waitlist :)

Received an email for acceptance to Antioch University New England- Clinical Psy.D on 3/10

waiting on MSPP...

Just got a letter this morning (snail mail) telling me I'm wait listed at UNR. I was really hoping to get an offer there :(

Edit: Applied for Clinical Psych PhD, just to be clear.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from SDSU/UCSD JDP post-interview? Or anyone still waiting to hear back? Would appreciate any info. You can PM me if prefered. Thanks. :)

I got an offer off the wait list for my #3 school! It feels sooo good to be off a wait list finally. Now I can throw away the half-baked "plan B" I was trying to formulate. Still holding out for my top school though!! I am next in line, just praying that person accepts at another school!

I got an offer off the wait list for my #3 school! It feels sooo good to be off a wait list finally. Now I can throw away the half-baked "plan B" I was trying to formulate. Still holding out for my top school though!! I am next in line, just praying that person accepts at another school!

Congrats! I'm first in line at my #1 and who knows at my #2. I'm really hoping somebody, anybody makes a decision before April 15! UG! My plan B is still in the works though-just in case.

Has anyone heard anything more from Eastern Michigan University about the waitlist? It's been about a month now and I haven't heard any updates.

Has anyone heard anything more from Eastern Michigan University about the waitlist? It's been about a month now and I haven't heard any updates.

I'm in the master's program there and on the dreaded waitlist, so I have a bit of inside of info for you:

So far, five of the eight admissions offers have been accepted; none of the remaining three people have declined--yet. The faculty are meeting tonight (actually, as we speak, uh, type, if I'm not mistaken) to determine how the second round will go. Since there are more faculty who want a student than there are spots to go around, (I believe it's eight, possibly nine spots to twelve faculty) there is some confusion over who gets to extend the next wave of offers (if any of the remaining three refuse the spot, that is). I found this really confusing (and frustrating!) as my person has not extended any offers yet at all, and might not get to based on lab need, seniority, etc, etc. If you want to PM me your POI, I may be able to find out where they fall with respect to making a second-round offer...

Did anyone hear from St. John's? It's been extremely quiet on their front...

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from CSU's Counseling Psychology PhD program regarding acceptances.

I know a few people posted on here about rejections and I saw some posted on Gradcafe but I haven't heard anyone receive an acceptance or be wait listed.

Hi everyone,

I've already accepted an offer to an university-based Psy.D. program, but I'm still wondering if I was a little hasty to not wait to hear back from all of my schools. However, I feel at this point, if I wasn't invited to interview, I am not going to be considered for admission. Is that a valid conclusion? Has anyone been asked to interview/been accepted after the initial interview period?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from CSU's Counseling Psychology PhD program regarding acceptances.

I know a few people posted on here about rejections and I saw some posted on Gradcafe but I haven't heard anyone receive an acceptance or be wait listed.

Same here. I sent an e-mail but no reply. I guess they are in spring break.

I got an acceptance! Phew!!

I applied to six programs. I interviewed at four and was rejected by two. I've been wait-listed at two of the programs I interviewed at, accepted at one, and I haven't heard back from the fourth one yet (the secretary said last week that they are still extending acceptances).

I went into this process thinking this would be a test run and that I would end up finishing my MA and then apply more intensely next year. After going through this process, I am so glad I do not have to go through it again!

It is ironic that getting an acceptance can suddenly motivate me to perpetually press the refresh buttons on this forum and on my e-mail application again.

This variable-ratio reinforcement schedule thing is irritating!!! :laugh:

Press.sized.jpg

It is ironic that getting an acceptance can suddenly motivate me to perpetually press the refresh buttons on this forum and on my e-mail application again.

This variable-ratio reinforcement schedule thing is irritating!!! :laugh:

Press.sized.jpg
CONGRATS, Jegg!!!!!!!!! Remember, you got the reward and that is quiet an appetitive kind of behavior - it asks for more. Keep pressing the lever b/c there may be more in stock for you.

I continuously press the level...AND: not yet...so, I keep pressing until it happens to me too.

Happy for you though. Where are you going if you don't mind me asking :) Just curious.

Ms. Phipps