**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted into Adelphi's clinical psychology program today with mass e-mail from the Chair of Admissions. I have to write a couple of paragraphs explaining my financial aid situation to them though and won't hear about the money until 10 days later.

Members don't see this ad.

I got an acceptance! Phew!!

I applied to six programs. I interviewed at four and was rejected by two. I've been wait-listed at two of the programs I interviewed at, accepted at one, and I haven't heard back from the fourth one yet (the secretary said last week that they are still extending acceptances).

I went into this process thinking this would be a test run and that I would end up finishing my MA and then apply more intensely next year. After going through this process, I am so glad I do not have to go through it again!

Congrats! Thanks for bringing some FUN into this long waiting.

CONGRATS, Jegg!!!!!!!!! Remember, you got the reward and that is quiet an appetitive kind of behavior - it asks for more. Keep pressing the lever b/c there may be more in stock for you.

I continuously press the level...AND: not yet...so, I keep pressing until it happens to me too.

Happy for you though. Where are you going if you don't mind me asking :) Just curious.

Ms. Phipps

I'm not sure yet. One of the programs on my wait-list is a top choice for me as well, so I am waiting to see how that pans out for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I've already accepted an offer to an university-based Psy.D. program, but I'm still wondering if I was a little hasty to not wait to hear back from all of my schools. However, I feel at this point, if I wasn't invited to interview, I am not going to be considered for admission. Is that a valid conclusion? Has anyone been asked to interview/been accepted after the initial interview period?

I think your course of action is sound. For the most part, if you haven't heard by now, you're in the rejected pile and will slowly have snail mail letters of rejection trickle in from now through April (I got one in August last time I applied!)

However, it has, very rarely, happened--that is, someone will get an offer without hearing anything up until the very end and without interviewing at all. One of the students I spoke with at University of Montana said that his POI called him April 15th and said something to the effect of, "you were the next in line to get an invite to interview, but I was only allowed to invite 3 people. All 3 of them have declined. Would you like to come to Missoula? Sorry for the late notice, but I can only give you an hour to decide and then I'll need to move on to the next person on my list." He replied that he'd love to come to Missoula, and has done quite well. This is the only time I've heard of something like that happening, myself, though.

Has anyone heard from DU (PsyD clinical psych) since their interview? I saw one person received a call last week, but nothing else. Thanks! :)

I think your course of action is sound. For the most part, if you haven't heard by now, you're in the rejected pile and will slowly have snail mail letters of rejection trickle in from now through April (I got one in August last time I applied!)

However, it has, very rarely, happened--that is, someone will get an offer without hearing anything up until the very end and without interviewing at all. One of the students I spoke with at University of Montana said that his POI called him April 15th and said something to the effect of, "you were the next in line to get an invite to interview, but I was only allowed to invite 3 people. All 3 of them have declined. Would you like to come to Missoula? Sorry for the late notice, but I can only give you an hour to decide and then I'll need to move on to the next person on my list." He replied that he'd love to come to Missoula, and has done quite well. This is the only time I've heard of something like that happening, myself, though.

thanks for the reassurance. that sounds like such an amazing story though, especially since your friend decided the course of his life in less than an hour, but that's amazing. Thank you again for your story :)

I've heard of this happening before too! I've been told that early April is chaos for waitlist season, and offers can occasionally appear out of nowhere! I only have 1 school I'm waitlisted at, and 2 that haven't sent rejection letters, but I'm trying to keep hope alive! I have 1 offer, but I'm sitting on it, since I'm wait listed at one of my top schools. Feels so weird to sit on an offer!

My friend received a call today. I'm still waiting to here myself. She said they will still be doing calls all week, it's by interviewer I guess. Good luck to you!

Thanks.....good luck to you too!

Has anyone heard from DU (PsyD clinical psych) since their interview? I saw one person received a call last week, but nothing else. Thanks! :)

I interviewed there the 26th of Feb and got an acceptance phone call from the faculty member that interviewed me sometime around the 11th of March. I will be declining. Good program but the cost was astronomical.

Anyone heard from Suffolk's Phd program yet? Their website said that they are in the middle of sending out acceptances, but it seems like no one has actually heard from them.

Did anyone else read about the glitch in the University of Delaware's system that accepted people who were actually supposed to be rejected or waitlisted?

Can you image?

I didn't apply there, but I am now paranoid about my one acceptance at another school.

Anyone heard from Suffolk's Phd program yet? Their website said that they are in the middle of sending out acceptances, but it seems like no one has actually heard from them.

I have also been waiting... I thought maybe tomorrow would be the day things started moving. If I didn't see anything change by tomorrow I was contemplating sending an email on Monday to test the waters... Seems their schedule is a bit later this year than previous years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard of this happening before too! I've been told that early April is chaos for waitlist season, and offers can occasionally appear out of nowhere! I only have 1 school I'm waitlisted at, and 2 that haven't sent rejection letters, but I'm trying to keep hope alive! I have 1 offer, but I'm sitting on it, since I'm wait listed at one of my top schools. Feels so weird to sit on an offer!

Yes, weird things do happen. Wouldn't count on something like this but if you want to see what the current budget situation is doing to some of these programs and possible offers, check out this thread.

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/...gy-application-thread-2010-2011/page__st__420

Yes, weird things do happen. Wouldn't count on something like this but if you want to see what the current budget situation is doing to some of these programs and possible offers, check out this thread.

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/...gy-application-thread-2010-2011/page__st__420

Yeah, I received a call from a POI a couple weeks ago from a school I hadn't heard from since I submitted the application. I did a phone interview and was told that she might bring in students for an interview, pending a budget issue. All the other students at this school had already interviewed and received the first round of offers at this point. Last I heard they still hadn't resolved the issue so it is possible I will be going to another interview, or that someone will be accepted last minute with no interview. Craziness!

Accepted to CUA via phone from POI 3/3 and received the official letter 3/12 :laugh: Beyond excited!! For everyone still waiting I wish you the best of luck and if this eases any anxiety...I applied to 10 programs, only landed 1 interview, and was accepted.
It's true what they say- all it takes is one.

Last edited:
I have also been waiting... I thought maybe tomorrow would be the day things started moving. If I didn't see anything change by tomorrow I was contemplating sending an email on Monday to test the waters... Seems their schedule is a bit later this year than previous years.

I'm waitlisted there and one of the professors updated me on my status about a week ago. I emailed him back and he was very quick to respond. I know my POI's have made their initial acceptances and then they also have a "short list" of 3-5 students who are next in line should the initial offer decline. So I'm assuming other professors have made their initial offers as well.

Can the person who got the acceptance from UToledo PM me their POI if possible?

I have contacted two schools I interviewed with for application status updates, but neither of them replied. What does this silence mean? One of the POI showed interest before but now don't even care to reply for a couple sentences? Why? It's so frustrating!

Anyone else hear from C.W. Post? I saw a couple people receive acceptances a couple weeks ago, wondering if any others had gone out?
Me too, me too.
I interviewed in early February and I've yet to hear word one. I called them last week (Friday) and they said that they've finished their decisions and would be notifying next week (this week). Um, it's Thursday night now and I've still not heard anything.

Other than those two people who got phonecalls in late February, has anyone else heard anything?

I have contacted two schools I interviewed with for application status updates, but neither of them replied. What does this silence mean? One of the POI showed interest before but now don't even care to reply for a couple sentences? Why? It's so frustrating!

Uh! I totally feel you bluebluesky! I broke down and contacted two schools that I interviewed at today, too. One of my POIs was very nice about replying back and being upfront with me, but I've yet to hear anything back from the other school. I mean, come on, I have other schools waiting on my decision, not to mention I'm tired of this game and I'm ready to figure out where I'm going next fall. Errgh. Super frustrating. :wtf:

I also interviewed at C.W. Post PsyD program in early February, and have not heard anything from them. I hope they notify us at some point tomorrow, as waiting through another weekend would be really, really tough.

Same story with U Hartford PsyD- interviewed ~a month and a half ago and still no word.

Good luck- both on admission and weathering the wait.

I also interviewed at C.W. Post PsyD program in early February, and have not heard anything from them. I hope they notify us at some point tomorrow, as waiting through another weekend would be really, really tough.

Same story with U Hartford PsyD- interviewed ~a month and a half ago and still no word.

Good luck- both on admission and weathering the wait.

Were you at uharts first day? They have already sent acceptances and waitlist letters to those on the first day. I would call if insert you. GL! :)

Were you at uharts first day? They have already sent acceptances and waitlist letters to those on the first day. I would call if insert you. GL! :)

I interviewed 2/4. Was that the 1st day? Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Me too, me too.
I interviewed in early February and I've yet to hear word one. I called them last week (Friday) and they said that they've finished their decisions and would be notifying next week (this week). Um, it's Thursday night now and I've still not heard anything.

Other than those two people who got phonecalls in late February, has anyone else heard anything?

Yeah, I interviewed in early Feb as well. I remember it being said that we would hear by March 15th...so I emailed the program secretary yesterday and received an auto-reply: its spring break this week but she will be checking her emails.

Initial offers of acceptance have been issued - good luck!

Hi guys,
This is my virgin post. I came across this forum a few weeks ago and it seems like a fantastic resource... I just wish I had known about it months ago.

Has anyone heard anything from Gallaudet post interview? Thanks.

Has anyone heard anything from Xavier University, and how your were notified?

I have emailed my POI twice already post-interview for my status and haven't received a reply so far. Is it a good idea to just call her up at this point?

I don't know if this is inappropriate to ask or not (or if I'm opening Pandora's box if this encourages others to post similar posts), but if someone reading this thread got accepted by Miami U to work with Dr. Luebbe, I was wondering if you are going to accept the offer or what is your stance on the offer?

Either way, my intention is not to pressure you (to accept or reject), but moreso out of curiosity. If this is inappropriate to ask, I sincerely apologize and please ignore this post.

Did anyone hear anything back yet from Alliant Los Angeles' Psy.D - program?:xf:

Hi guys,
This is my virgin post. I came across this forum a few weeks ago and it seems like a fantastic resource... I just wish I had known about it months ago.

Has anyone heard anything from Gallaudet post interview? Thanks.

Hi:

I got a rejection letter in the mail today, no interview though, i.e., if you haven't you may be in a better place!!!

G'luck - it's an awesome program :luck:

Has anyone heard about acceptances to Ferkauf Psy D this week?

Is anyone out there also does not have any acceptance yet? I don't and I am feeling like $%$. I feel like I have already been rejected by two top programs on my list and am waiting for only one that also seemed to have interviewed so many applicants and the chance is slim. I don't know what to do now and feel like being trapped. I should think of a backup plan by now but not much motivation. :scared::smuggrin::( This process has been really torturing. The wait is just sooooooooo long and so much silence. I still haven't heard back anything about one program, even though their initial offers were out. Finding out that I am almost rejected by two programs at least save me time from checking up cell phones, emails, and websites for constant updates. I still don't understand why it is so difficult for the programs to keep us updated asap. This is really a cruel process.

Just needed a little air here. Feeling pretty alone.

Is anyone out there also does not have any acceptance yet? I don't and I am feeling like $%$. I feel like I have already been rejected by two top programs on my list and am waiting for only one that also seemed to have interviewed so many applicants and the chance is slim. I don't know what to do now and feel like being trapped. I should think of a backup plan by now but not much motivation. :scared::smuggrin::( This process has been really torturing. The wait is just sooooooooo long and so much silence. I still haven't heard back anything about one program, even though their initial offers were out. Finding out that I am almost rejected by two programs at least save me time from checking up cell phones, emails, and websites for constant updates. I still don't understand why it is so difficult for the programs to keep us updated asap. This is really a cruel process.

It is indeed a cruel process, and it seems quite random. :(

I hope you end up getting into one of the programs you are waiting on. :luck: :xf:

I know it's difficult, and it can be pretty demoralizing, but hang in there! It's almost over.

I do wish the schools were a little better at keeping applicants updated on where they stand. When you're a faculty member and informing applicants...you'll remember how much it sucked and you'll be great at communicating with incoming students :)

Keep your chin up!
AB:)

I was rejected by them yesterday post interview. Thankfully I was accepted somewhere that was higher up on my list... :)

Aw I'm sorry. I was wondering if u could tell me if u were rejected via email or regular mail? Thanks!

Aw I'm sorry. I was wondering if u could tell me if u were rejected via email or regular mail? Thanks!

Regular mail.

No need to be sorry. It was one of my safety schools ironically enough and I was accepted at my second choice program the day before I received the rejection. Perhaps they could tell that I wasn't that into it during the interview... I'm also currently wait-listed at my top choice program, which I may not attend anyway because it is so far away from where I live compared to the one I was accepted at. :)

Yeah I don't have any acceptances or waitlists so I definitely feel your pain.

Me too, me too.

I heard from them a week ago but declined the offer. Hope that helps. Good luck!

I'm waiting to hear from my top choice school- they said they would notify us "within a couple of weeks" after the interview. It's been 3 weeks now, and I want to contact them to see what my status is.

Is it best to call/email the administrative assistant (she's been in contact with me before) or my POI? I emailed him a thank-you post-interview and got a response right away of "We aren't making our decisions yet" i.e. he thought I was fishing for an acceptance.

This waiting is killing me :(

Is it best to call/email the administrative assistant (she's been in contact with me before) or my POI? I emailed him a thank-you post-interview and got a response right away of "We aren't making our decisions yet" i.e. he thought I was fishing for an acceptance.

This waiting is killing me :(

If it's a mentor-based program, I'd email your POI. He or she is likely to be the most knowledgeable about your specific status. All of my programs were mentor model, and after interviews, the POIs were the ones to contact me, update me, etc.

Good luck with everything! :)

I heard from them a week ago but declined the offer. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Received a notice of being on the wait list today in snail mail. Thank goodness I got a straight acceptance to another program.

I think one downside to applying to multiple (15+) programs is the sheer number of rejection letters I am now recieving in the mailbox. The upside is I have an acceptance and a wait list but I have to admit that my heart is somewhat troubled reading all those rejections:(

I received a rejection letter from DU on Friday March 18th. So for those of you waiting to hear back and have NOT received a letter, you may be on a waiting list! I wish you luck. :xf: DU was my top choice but now I'm headed to Pacific University in Oregon! Cheers!