2012-2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LelaLayne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It seems appropriate for an acceptance thread to be created seeing as some people have been lucky enough to hear back already.
In the mean time... Good luck and take deep breaths! :cool:

Clinical Psychology PhD/PsyD
Adelphi University
Binghamton University

Brown University
College Park University
Drexel University
Emory University
Florida Institute of Technology (PsyD)
George Mason's University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (PsyD)
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Long Island University: Brooklyn (PsyD)

Marquette University
Miami University
Midwestern University (PsyD)
Northern Illinois University
Purdue University
Sam Houston State University
Southern Methodist University
Uniformed Services University - civilian track
University Of Arizona
University of Denver (PsyD)
University of Houston
University Of Iowa
University of Maryland
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
University of North Texas
University of Rhode Island
University of Vermont
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Yeshiva Ferkauf University (PsyD)

Counseling Psychology PhD/PsyD
Auburn University
Boston College
Cleveland State University
Colorado State University
Fordham University
Southern Mississippi University
Texas Tech University
Texas Woman's University
University of Akron
University of Denver
University of Georgia
University of Kentucky
University of Memphis
University of North Dakota
University of North Texas
University of Oregon
Virginia Commonwealth University

Non-applied/Experimental Psychology PhD/PsyD
Indiana University - Learning & Developmental Sciences
Oklahoma State University - Lifespan Developmental Psychology

School Psychology PhD/PsyD
Loyola University
St. John's University (PsyD)
University of Missouri
University of Wisconsin - Madison

Combined Clinical/Counseling/School Psychology PhD/PsyD
San Diego State University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oklahoma State just sent out emails about applicants status post interview...Just thought I'd let you all know...Those of you who were in Stillwater last weekend...

I'm waitlisted which is okay...see what happens! Good luck everyone!

I've just been accepted to Oklahoma State. It was my top choice, so I will be accepting the offer. So excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted to Miami University's clinical psychology PhD program via phone call from POI! :D

Would those of you that got accepted at Oklahoma State mind PMing me your POI?
Thanks

already asked this in the interview invite thread, but figured i could ask again...has anyone been accepted or waitlisted at penn state's child clinical program? Thanks so much for any info!!!

I was accepted to UW Madison for school psychology at the end of January.
It was my top choice so I'll be accepting my offer!

Accepted at University of Rhode Island and unsure of post-interview status from Temple University.

Accepted to UNC Chapel Hill on 2/13 via phone call from POI. Going to accept!

I was accepted to UW Madison for school psychology at the end of January.
It was my top choice so I'll be accepting my offer!

Congrats! That's excellent. Who is your POI? Were you accepted right after the interviews on 1/25? Well done!

Congrats on URI!!! I was wondering, were you one of the few that were able to get up to the campus after the storm??? I was not, and I ended up having a phone interview a couple days ago, and I thought it went pretty well, but now I am freaking out 0_0

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an unofficial offer from Texas A&M in an email from my POI on 2/9. Officially offer will be mailed soon!!

Has anyone heard from UCLA?? Saw someone post on gradcafe that they were accepted. Excitedly/anxiously waiting to hear.

anyone hear anything from University of Vermont? I have seen two postings of offers on gradcafe

Accepted to Oklahoma State University's clinical psychology program!!

Congrats on URI!!! I was wondering, were you one of the few that were able to get up to the campus after the storm??? I was not, and I ended up having a phone interview a couple days ago, and I thought it went pretty well, but now I am freaking out 0_0

Thanks,

Sorry, just saw this! I actually could not afford a flight out there, so they arranged a phone interview for me on February 3rd or so. That may explain why I heard back earlier!

Accepted to Emory University (Clinical Psychology) via email from POI!

anyone hear anything from University of Vermont? I have seen two postings of offers on gradcafe

I received word early this morning that I am on their wait list. They didn't give too much information, but I got the impression they let their first picks know a couple days ago, who were probably the people who posted on grad cafe.

Good luck!

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've just accepted an offer to UW-Madison's School Psych PhD program :) Cant wait to get started

Received an offer of admission from George Mason's Clinical Psychology PhD program. Guaranteed funding for the first 3 years.

Hang in there everyone!!!

Received an offer of admission from George Mason's Clinical Psychology PhD program. Guaranteed funding for the first 3 years.

Hello,

I am still waiting to hear back post-interview. Did you receive an email from your POI? Or does the DCT email everyone who was accepted? Is it common for people to hear back at different times?

I am just wondering how this works, since it is my first time going through this!

Thanks!

Hello,

I am still waiting to hear back post-interview. Did you receive an email from your POI? Or does the DCT email everyone who was accepted? Is it common for people to hear back at different times?

I am just wondering how this works, since it is my first time going through this!

Thanks!

I received an email from the DCT with my POI cc'ed along with the graduate admin assistant. I'm not totally sure about the process, but I imagine they sent out their first wave of offers and will then send out subsequent offers depending on how many people accept or decline those initial offers. You could always inquire about your waitlist status if you were eager to know, esp. if you had another offer(s). Good luck!!

Nice!! Would you mind PMing me the name of your POI? I also interviewed there and am waiting on pins and needles!

I received an email from the DCT with my POI cc'ed along with the graduate admin assistant. I'm not totally sure about the process, but I imagine they sent out their first wave of offers and will then send out subsequent offers depending on how many people accept or decline those initial offers. You could always inquire about your waitlist status if you were eager to know, esp. if you had another offer(s). Good luck!!

I see, thanks for the info!

Could you please PM me your POI as well?

Would you mind sending me a PM with your POI? Thanks, and congratulations!!

Hi, Would you mind PMing me with your POI? I also interviewed last weekend and the waiting is killing me!

Thanks and congratulations!!!

did anyone else on here except PeanutButter7 receive an offer from George Mason? I am wondering if it was just one POI that sent out offers so far?

I hate it that I am being so obsessive but I can't help it!

did anyone else on here except PeanutButter7 receive an offer from George Mason? I am wondering if it was just one POI that sent out offers so far?

I hate it that I am being so obsessive but I can't help it!

I know how you feel, 100%.

I also interviewed and have not heard back...

Has anyone heard back from Purdue or UIC? I know it's still a little early, but starting to feel the worries! :)

Has anyone heard back from Purdue or UIC? I know it's still a little early, but starting to feel the worries! :)

Hi - I can help you with this one! Regarding Purdue - my POI has told me things are moving slowly this year and said to give it another week or so. I know that there has been one random post on TGC about an offer, but it looks like the rest of the faculty still have to finalize their decisions. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Hi - I can help you with this one! Regarding Purdue - my POI has told me things are moving slowly this year and said to give it another week or so. I know that there has been one random post on TGC about an offer, but it looks like the rest of the faculty still have to finalize their decisions. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Thanks so much! Would you mind PMing me your POI? If not that's completely fine, but either way, best of luck to you!

Anyone hear from university of maryland college park post interview?

thanks! :)

i dont think UIC interviewed yet (if you are referring to chicago)?

Accepted to UIUC on 1/31 for Clinical Psychology PhD. Accepted offer last week - it was my top choice! :)

does anyone know if schools send out the first round of acceptances all at once, or can it drag out over a couple days/a week? Do different POIs make decisions/send out offers at different times?

thanks!

does anyone know if schools send out the first round of acceptances all at once, or can it drag out over a couple days/a week? Do different POIs make decisions/send out offers at different times?

thanks!

my understanding (and I apologize for this) is that everybody works differently.
Some do it by POI/lab
Others do it by rank order for whole faculty.
Others send out the first batch, notifying waitlist people...

my understanding (and I apologize for this) is that everybody works differently.
Some do it by POI/lab
Others do it by rank order for whole faculty.
Others send out the first batch, notifying waitlist people...

Thank you for the info! :D

I have offers from both UNT and TAMU (counseling psych) with one interview left to go. I'm pretty sure which one I'll keep in the running so the other school can go ahead and extend an offer to whoever is on the wait list.

If you want to know POIs, please PM me so the thread doesn't get flooded with requests.