-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
When were you complete?
II today! I thought for sure it was a rejection since the email said my status changed and nothing else. Stats are 32/3.6 and OOS. This school looks sweet I'm really excited to check it out.
This gives me hope! What are your EC's like if you don't mind me asking? Volunteering, shadowing, yadda yadda...?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?
The beginning of august.
This gives me hope! What are your EC's like if you don't mind me asking? Volunteering, shadowing, yadda yadda...?
I'd rather not get too specific for anonymity sake, but I have lots of research, shadowing, and volunteer EMT experience. Sorry if that doesn't really help. I have absolutely no connections to Ohio though.
This is school is great! I interviewed here last friday. Loved the interview style. I can honestly say I had fun and I really feel like I got to be ME!
The beginning of august.
I'd rather not get too specific for anonymity sake, but I have lots of research, shadowing, and volunteer EMT experience. Sorry if that doesn't really help. I have absolutely no connections to Ohio though.
That does help some. I have similar stats so your invite give me hope. I have 31/3.7 with a year of research, lots of volunteering, shadowing, etc. 😀

Can anyone who had an interview recently tell me when they were told they would get a decision? I interviewed 3 weeks ago and still havent heard from them. I feel they pushed me back to another adcom group for review. My status says no final final decision has been made and that it can take up to 8 weeks to get a decision... Im not sure if this means im on the alternate list.
Can anyone who had an interview recently tell me when they were told they would get a decision? I interviewed 3 weeks ago and still havent heard from them. I feel they pushed me back to another adcom group for review. My status says no final final decision has been made and that it can take up to 8 weeks to get a decision... Im not sure if this means im on the alternate list.
Hmm.. They said 3 weeks and that they aren't behind with making decisions.. I would say look past this week since it's a holiday week.
D
deleted454156
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't there until 5 but I was definitely there past 2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview. Does anyone know how long it will last? It starts at 9 AM and I kinda have something going on at 2 PM but the UC website says to plan on being on campus til 5 PM. Is this an accurate estimate?
I think I was there until maybe 3:30.
OOS student from Michigan and I can't wait to come here!!
Important question, anyone else get acceptance thing based on performance must be equivalent etc? Basically, not to drop to like C's and D's 😀?
Yeah I don't think it'll be an issue as long as you maintain A's/B's but a C/D might result in you having to explain yourself.
Is UC good about giving financial aid/scholarships to OOS-ers? I'm considering canceling my interview, but if there's a chance I could get money, I'll do the interview.
Not sure how much money they give out, but you will most likely be instate after your 1st year or instate+$250 if you decide to live in NKY starting your 1st year.
Still waiting to hear. Sorry pachewisc :-(
ACCEPTED TODAY! Complete like mid-september, interviewed 11/16. ACCEPTED today! This is my first acceptance and my second choice school.
Is UC good about giving financial aid/scholarships to OOS-ers? I'm considering canceling my interview, but if there's a chance I could get money, I'll do the interview.
In the same situation, wondering the same thing..
Congrats!! If you don't mind my asking, what's your first choice?
My first choice is Uni of Rochester in NY. I interviewed with them 11/09 and havent heard back yet. If its not good news UC is where I will be fall 2013.
In the same situation, wondering the same thing..
Aid doesnt depend on residence, its need-based. Based off of your parents income, even if you are independent for FAFSA. However, after your first year at UC you can qualify for IS tuition. They give you some form and there are a couple of qualifications, but I have heard most, if not all, OOS-ers take this route.
Aid doesnt depend on residence, its need-based. Based off of your parents income, even if you are independent for FAFSA. However, after your first year at UC you can qualify for IS tuition. They give you some form and there are a couple of qualifications, but I have heard most, if not all, OOS-ers take this route.
At my interview day they also let us know that they give out merit based scholarships to only 10% of students, everything else is a loan either from the school or the federal government.
Received a II today!
Received a II today!
When were you complete? Congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted Today!
Interviewed Tues 11/27, found out today.
Interviewed Tues 11/27, found out today.
Accepted Today!
Interviewed Tues 11/27, found out today.
congrats!!
Alternate so disappointed this was my top choice-- anyone remember when he said wait list starts moving?
And do they ever reject post interview?
And do they ever reject post interview?
We asked him that at our interview and he said that they reject very rarely, but they do reject after interviews.
Alternate so disappointed this was my top choice-- anyone remember when he said wait list starts moving?
I was top 1/3 alternate listed last year. (You find your rank in May IIRC).
It began moving about June 1 and moved through about mid July.
.
Last edited:
I was top 1/3 alternate listed last year. (You find your rank in May IIRC).
It began moving about June 1 and moved through about mid July.
Did you feel that most of the top 1/3 were accepted in the end? How much "movement" is there?
Anyone else that interviewed 11/27 hear anything?
Did you feel that most of the top 1/3 were accepted in the end? How much "movement" is there?
I know several people who were top 1/3 WL who were accepted. I don't have the exact numbers, but can tell you that the movement really does vary every year.
They don't pull off the wait list by straight rank, much of it is demographic based to fill holes in their class.
From memory I do remember most of the movement being in mid-late June.
I know several people who were top 1/3 WL who were accepted. I don't have the exact numbers, but can tell you that the movement really does vary every year.
They don't pull off the wait list by straight rank, much of it is demographic based to fill holes in their class.
From memory I do remember most of the movement being in mid-late June.
Yup. The Dean said this pretty much verbatim at the interview day. For example, if they need more non-trads in their class they will pull non-trads off first 1/3, but then will take non-trads off the second 1/3 (or 2/3) before they take a trad from the top 1/3.
Rejected today preinterview
rejected today preinterview
+1
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete if I may ask?
Waitlisted today 🙁 3.9science/3.7overall/38mcat
11/27
Interview invite yesterday (12/11) for this coming Friday (12/14)! Complete 9/1. In-state, 3.9 GPA, and 31Q.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K