2012-2013 University of New Mexico Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha no problem. I figured that you guys got your secondaries too but then I didn't see anyone post on this forum. To be honest, I've been creeping on this thread for some time now.
 
Haha no problem. I figured that you guys got your secondaries too but then I didn't see anyone post on this forum. To be honest, I've been creeping on this thread for some time now.

Stop creeping! And join in the conversation! I almost applied EDP as well. You're so getting good mojos for this! Hope you get in! 😀
 
Last edited:
I called the admissions office yesterday and they told me that I'll get my secondary in two weeks. I was verified on the 21st of this month. Not sure if all non-EDP folks will get it in two weeks or if it's just me.

Also- MuffinMan69, can you PM the secondary questions to the person at the beginning of the thread? 🙂
 
Hey hopeful, I have one more post I need you to edit. Post number 53. Sorry, I'm just trying to stay anonymous as I can and posting my score breakdown, I think, was a huge mistake. Thanks!



Stop creeping! And join in the conversation! I almost applied EDP as well. You're so getting good mojos for this! Hope you get in! 😀

Yeah, I was strongly considering applying regular but UNM is really my top choice for various reasons. Haha I hope so. Thanks!

I called the admissions office yesterday and they told me that I'll get my secondary in two weeks. I was verified on the 21st of this month. Not sure if all non-EDP folks will get it in two weeks or if it's just me.

Also- MuffinMan69, can you PM the secondary questions to the person at the beginning of the thread? 🙂

Done.
 
Does everyone get a secondary here? I just received mine and was very shocked since I am not EDP. I am OOS now but lived my whole life in ABQ. They want my high school transcripts to prove so. Anyone else in this situation?
 
Odd. I received the secondary and the email requesting high school transcripts at the same time. I guess they take my word for it so far. Wish I could say I was IS you guys have just about the best chance in the country to get into your state school! I have maybe a .00001 chance 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Odd. I received the secondary and the email requesting high school transcripts at the same time. I guess they take my word for it so far. Wish I could say I was IS you guys have just about the best chance in the country to get into your state school! I have maybe a .00001 chance 😉

If you went to high school in NM and you still have family or some kind of ties here, you're fine! My old roommate graduated from UNMSOM went to high school in NM and did undergrad at Berkeley. 🙂
 
Well I'm glad I can still be considered. From the look of MSAR, 500+ OOS applied and 1 got in...maybe I can be that one this year 🙂
 
Well I'm glad I can still be considered. From the look of MSAR, 500+ OOS applied and 1 got in...maybe I can be that one this year 🙂

I honestly think you will be considered instate so no worries.

You guys submit yet? Im still working on the essays
 
Yay! I'm gonna finish the essays tomorrow I'm way to tired tonight. Not looking forward to the long wait after I send it though


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app, forgive my typos!

Interviews start in october so maybe we will hear something in september some time....
 
For the parking permit or whatever under the interview tab, if I select I want a permit, and then the next question is "do you want us to mail it to you?", is the default them emailing me? Or how else am I supposed to get the permit lol
 
Last edited:
The wait for the secondary is KILLING me. Although, I'm not planning to submit until this weekend but still, it's KILLING me!! UNM, you're making me nervous!!!!c:laugh::laugh:
 
For the parking permit or whatever under the interview tab, if I select I want a permit, and then the next question is "do you want us to mail it to you?", is the default them emailing me? Or how else am I supposed to get the permit lol

At first it sounds like a weird option, but a lot of students in Albuquerque can easily drop by the admissions office and pick up the permit. Since lots of premeds work in labs near that office, they can just walk over during a break and pick up the permit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Just got my secondary a coupled days ago.

The email said, "The SOM Office of Admissions will schedule your Interview Day upon our receipt of your fee and completed Secondary Application. If you do not submit your Secondary Application by the deadline, you will be scheduled to interview automatically"

It seems like they're giving me an interview no matter what the secondary says.

Did anyone else get this?
 
Hey all,

Just got my secondary a coupled days ago.

The email said, "The SOM Office of Admissions will schedule your Interview Day upon our receipt of your fee and completed Secondary Application. If you do not submit your Secondary Application by the deadline, you will be scheduled to interview automatically"

It seems like they're giving me an interview no matter what the secondary says.

Did anyone else get this?

I just got the email today and it said the same thing. I learned they're going to try to do a more active rolling admissions process instead of their usual routine of one round in December and another in March.

EDIT: I think Cindy Garcia from the admissions office said it'll be every 2-3 weeks.
 
Hey all,

Just got my secondary a coupled days ago.

The email said, "The SOM Office of Admissions will schedule your Interview Day upon our receipt of your fee and completed Secondary Application. If you do not submit your Secondary Application by the deadline, you will be scheduled to interview automatically"

It seems like they're giving me an interview no matter what the secondary says.

Did anyone else get this?

Wow, you don't have to submit a secondary? On the real all e-mails state that, including last years. But I'm interested of the results if it's not submitted. Take one for the team?
 
Received my secondary today!!! Soooo excited!!! 😀😀 The way I felt when I saw the secondary e-mail just proved that UNM is definitely my top choice!!!! I love you, UNM!! I hope you love me back!!! :laugh::laugh:
 
When do regular admission interviews usually begin? And I really hope they do consider rolling admission 🙂
 
When do regular admission interviews usually begin? And I really hope they do consider rolling admission 🙂

According to Cindy Garcia at the admissions office, they will have regular meetings with the adcom to do rolling admissions this year.
 
Are you guys staying with a student host the night before the interview day? Are we supposed to take advantage of this opportunity? I have friends in Albuquerque and I would rather stay with them than a student host.
 
Are you guys staying with a student host the night before the interview day? Are we supposed to take advantage of this opportunity? I have friends in Albuquerque and I would rather stay with them than a student host.

I'm staying with friends as well. I know a lot of medical students at UNM anyway so I may not even get enough out of it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.