2012-2013 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it says that my letters were received that i am still not "completed" how long does this last?

Members don't see this ad.

it says that my letters were received that i am still not "completed" how long does this last?

Weird, I'm in the same situation. Today, the system showed that it received my committee letter. However, it says that my letter was received on 7/18/2012 (the date that it was received by most other schools).
:confused:

I noticed this status last week on my application-- and tonight I still haven't been marked as complete. I really don't understand what the delay is-- if you have all of the materials.....

I really hope that OU starts sending out interview invites soon! (If they can ever get everyone marked complete)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Effective with this application cycle, applicants will be evaluated for an interview based on a new formula: 70% on MCAT score + 30% on BCPM GPA. This produces a "cognative score" and applicants will be ranked by their "cs" and offered interviews on this basis.
I am intringued by this because I thought that the school would be more friendly to IS students.
I am OOS with good numbers. So this formula would tend to work for me, but it doesn't factor the fact that I am OOS.
My AMCAS has been complete and verified today (finally), kind of was a bit lazy on turning it in.

Good luck to all.

Well my AMCAS was verified yesterday. Everything shows as complete on the OU Med website. So my application is ready to be reviewed over there. Yayyyyy!
I was afraid that it would take time, but everything went quite fast, (passed the AMCAS verification)

I am intringued by this because I thought that the school would be more friendly to IS students.
I am OOS with good numbers. So this formula would tend to work for me, but it doesn't factor the fact that I am OOS.
My AMCAS has been complete and verified today (finally), kind of was a bit lazy on turning it in.

Good luck to all.

I don't think their favorability to in-state students has changed. Historically OU is very favorable to in-state residents. One of the things I used to determine where to apply out-of-state was a chart I found showing mathematically each school's favorability to OOS vs. IS students (found at: https://www.amherst.edu/campuslife/careers/students/gradstudy/health/guide/part2/appendix). I'm thankful I'm an Oklahoma resident because clearly OU very strongly favors IS students.

I noticed this status last week on my application-- and tonight I still haven't been marked as complete. I really don't understand what the delay is-- if you have all of the materials.....

I really hope that OU starts sending out interview invites soon! (If they can ever get everyone marked complete)

so i emailed dotty and it turns out that the software waits to receive the correct amount of letters (3 im guessing).. in my case i have a (1)letter packet so it kept my status as incomplete.. i emailed dotty and she corrected it so if anyone else is having the same issue, please contact dotty and she'll be able to help you out..

I don't think their favorability to in-state students has changed. Historically OU is very favorable to in-state residents. One of the things I used to determine where to apply out-of-state was a chart I found showing mathematically each school's favorability to OOS vs. IS students (found at: https://www.amherst.edu/campuslife/careers/students/gradstudy/health/guide/part2/appendix). I'm thankful I'm an Oklahoma resident because clearly OU very strongly favors IS students.

Thanks for the link, it is pretty cool. Yep, I can see that OK is not very OOS friendly and understandably so. I am from TX and I am not going to complain, we have many schools here quite favorable to residents. They also are favorable to residents in OK and NM because these states don't have many med school seats.
Well I applied to OK because I had to fill up the AMCAS for Baylor College of Medicine, and since it 3-4h away from Dallas, I thought I'd give it a shot. Hopefully I will match somewhere in TX. Still it is worth a shot.

Good luck to all of you.

Any interview invites yet?? Makes me wonder if they will even have any in October, or at least late October..

Any interview invites yet?? Makes me wonder if they will even have any in October, or at least late October..

None my way, but being OOS I don't expect any.

Sent via my crappy phone.

yea i asked dotty that last night and she replied,

"We will start scheduling interviews late next week. We interview in late October, late November, and early January. Rolling admissions will be a little different this year. We will make offers in December and February."

so keep an eye out starting next week..:xf:

Alright well that's good that we have some sort of an idea now-- As an IS this has been pretty nerve racking not hearing when so many schools have sent out at least a few II so far

Thanks for the update!

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but there has been a tiny change in my status. Next to the interview, it has been saying up to now "Not scheduled yet". The status has changed to "Not offered yet". So there is some movement, and it seems that they probably looked at my file somehow and perhaps even passed on it. I do not know.
Anyone else has noticed? This is a small thing, but things are moving. Some of you, in-staters should see some stuff coming soon hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol idk if i would have noticed that if you didnt mention it first..

So, you guys think that they will start the offers sometime next week since its the last week of September?

maybe they figured out that "not offered yet" is a nicer way to put it. "not scheduled yet" is misleading, although a lot of schools use that phrase.

So, you guys think that they will start the offers sometime next week since its the last week of September?

From a few posts up:

yea i asked dotty that last night and she replied,

"We will start scheduling interviews late next week. We interview in late October, late November, and early January. Rolling admissions will be a little different this year. We will make offers in December and February."

so keep an eye out starting next week..:xf:

Any one here heard of interviews handed out yet?

Not yet. Someone earlier in the thread said they talked to Dotty (last week, I think) and she said that they would begin handing out interview invites sometime this week. So, hopefully we will start hearing back from them tomorrow or Friday.

Seriously though. I am obsessively checking the status...do you think we will be e-mailed when/if we are offered or will it be strictly through the online app?

Seriously though. I am obsessively checking the status...do you think we will be e-mailed when/if we are offered or will it be strictly through the online app?

+1

I'm assuming that we will be emailed, but I still check it constantly in the case that there's been some sort of movement that I might catch before the email comes!

Well, well, well. It is getting late in the day and no change. How unexpected. Now, I am an OOS, so I don't expect to hear from them as my chances are slim at best. However, not seeing in IS getting invite thus far is quite surprising.
I recall one poster mentioned "late in the week" based on his discussion with someone in the admission office. Well it seems next week is more likely at this point.

Wishing you all a good week-end.

i applied to OU last year and when i got an interview invite, it was by email.. so if anything, i have been checking my email compulsively..

Got my II this morning! So excited!! :biglove:

Kidding. :p But I was accepted last year and pretty involved in the 2011-2012 cycle, so if you have any questions about interview day once you do get your invites, feel free to ask!

Hopefully we'll hear something today...this is so frustrating.

I got an interview invite on 9/27, but it wouldn't allow me to schedule one until today. I'm in-state.

Any other in staters with an II yet?

To those who got an interview invite, what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

I have a 34P on MCAT and 3.85 GPA and was complete in late august but I haven't heard anything yet. :( I am also an IS.

Got an interview invite this morning, 36Q/3.87 (IS). They have you upload a picture and fill out a form showing your grades in the prerequisite classes (form is a pdf, so make sure you have some means of editing it). After doing that they let me choose one of three days to do the interview. It says 'Interview Type 1', anybody have an idea what that means? Anyway, good luck to all of you.

37P/3.97, in-state. It only allowed me to choose 3 interview dates- Oct 21, 24, and 25. Good luck to everyone

Got an Interview Invite this morning!!! Instate with 34P and 3.85 GPA.
What does Interview type 1 mean???
Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats to all those with interview invites. Hopefully I'll be able to join this club soon.

Any oos invite yet? Probably unlikely at this point.

Sent via my crappy phone.

Interview invite this morning.
32M/3.94, in-state

Interestingly, they have the option of interviewing on Oct. 21 (Sunday). I haven't heard of any other school interviewing on a weekend.

I got my II today too!

Does anyone know how to upload the prerequisite course list? Because it won't let me edit it...

32M/3.93

Ah. I figured it out.
Click on the link they give you, and fill out the form.
Then, go to the print menu, but change destination to "save as pdf" and it will save the changes you made to it. Now, it can be uploaded.

Ah. I figured it out.
Then, go to the print menu, but change destination to "save as pdf" and it will save the changes you made to it. Now, it can be uploaded.

Well that would have been much easier.. It took me so long to finally get it saved!

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an II so far!

Ah. I figured it out.

Thank you! I was completely lost on how to save it. I would never have figured it out.

Also, does anyone know the interview format (1 interview, 2 interviews, one-on-one, panel of interviewers)?

Status
Not open for further replies.