2012-2013 University of Oklahoma Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there really 45 pulled off the waitlist last year? Anyone know how many they pulled off at this time last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Were there really 45 pulled off the waitlist last year? Anyone know how many they pulled off at this time last year?
To the best of my knowledge 45 were pulled last year. Here's a link to last year's thread so you can get an idea of how many people were pulled off when. Keep in mind that last year notifications were still sent through snail mail instead of electronically so it took longer last year.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=823500

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone accepted! I look forward to meeting all of you in a few (hopefully long) months!

In case anyone is interested, I spoke with Dotty Monday (June 3) and she said that 21 have been accepted from the waitlist and there are currently 2 people holding multiple acceptances.

In case anyone is interested, I spoke with Dotty Monday (June 3) and she said that 21 have been accepted from the waitlist and there are currently 2 people holding multiple acceptances.

Last year may 23rd 32 people had been taken off and 7 had multiple acceptances. Then on June 25th 43 had been taken...I'd say it looks bad but the past doesn't seem to be a good indication of the future anymore...back to studying for a better MCAT!! :)

Does anyone know if people on the wait list have been taken off the backside, as in told they did not make it? or are there still 37 of us still waiting?

just got an email saying they will deactivate my file... gluck to you all!

Deactivated. Unbelievable...this is bull****. Instate with great stats...but the Spanish speaker with a 3.4 and 28 gets in!! Should've put disadvantaged since I'm black but wanted to get in on my academic merits. Can't wait to get into a better school next cycle and tell ou to shove it up their ass!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Deactivated. Unbelievable...this is bull****. Instate with great stats...but the Spanish speaker with a 3.4 and 28 gets in!! Should've put disadvantaged since I'm black but wanted to get in on my academic merits. Can't wait to get into a better school next cycle and tell ou to shove it up their ass!!!

While I understand the disappointment, it is an attitude like that which would make me want to exclude you from the COM had I been on the AdCom this year. Professionalism in medicine is really important, folks. There are a lot of unprofessional physicians out there, trust me, and we don't need or want more.

Yes because it's important to be professional when you get royally ****ed out of something you deserve way more than many of the jagaloons who got in

The ability to speak Spanish is very desirable in healthcare, so I think the AdCom made a good choice. Grades and scores can help land an interview, but your attitude and abilities are the best deciding factors; not necessarily your cline.

Yes because it's important to be professional when you get royally ****ed out of something you deserve way more than many of the jagaloons who got in

It's always important to be professional, even if you think something is unfair.

Accepted! So glad I only paid for one secondary haha. How do I find the facebook groups?

One is OUCOM Class of 2017 and the other is University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Class of 2017.

Congrats!!

hey, quick question for you guys. What number or email address is the best for reaching Dottie?

Acting like this in medical school is an easy way to end up in the dean's office or even kicked out. Med schools don't take professionalism lightly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.