You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Utah Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Thanks Trayman and Frank32, for trying to get more info. I think that the reason that they don't tell us specifics is because they don't want to shoot themselves in the foot. If we were to find out for certain that it's very unlikely that we'll get in, and we move on to make other commitments, and then they end up needing to fill extra seats but can't find students, then that would be a problem for them. So it's in their best interest to leave us hanging.
I heard second-hand from somebody who spoke to one of the admission commitee members at a social gathering that the in-state alternate list is "very short" and that alternate list people have a "very good chance of being called."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard second-hand from somebody who spoke to one of the admission commitee members at a social gathering that the in-state alternate list is "very short" and that alternate list people have a "very good chance of being called."
Not sure whether to love you or hate you...JK. I had gotten over being on the IS alternate list, but now I'm back glued to my phone hoping to get a call from Dr. Chan.
You have given me hope, but enslaved me to it as well.
In state and got in off the wait list this afternoon!!! Dr. Chan was very nice 🙂. He said that there hasn't been too much movement for the wait list (yet) but hang in there! Your turn will come too.
Huge congrats to you! I'm sure it's a great feeling. I hope we all get a call soon too. Did Dr. Chan say he anticipated an increase in IS alternate list movement, or are you just saying that you think there may be more in the future. Thanks, and congrats.
Wow. So far we've only heard of two people accepted off the wait list who were IS. Not sure if that is good news or bad news.
I'd say bad news. Probably is a year of little movement. I'm holding on til May 15th and then I'll forget worrying about the U.
Well I got the acceptance call from Dr. Chan today!!! We were making plans to move to Wisconsin, but get to stay here! Good luck for all others waiting!
Congrats!
IS accepted off alternate list two days ago via email (out of the country and didnt have internet untill now). Ill try and ask about alternate list movement in my reply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not too much movement from the OOS waitlist is a bit surprising to me but maybe the processing beyond the May 15 deadline takes a little while
Huh, that's weird. I'm in state, and was on the wait list, but I got an email today from Utah saying that my application is no longer under consideration, etc. I was under the impression that we still had a while to go before these emails came out. Did anybody else get this email? Pretty rough mental blow that I was definitely not braced for this early in the summer.
It seems that "The End" of the cycle has come sooner this year than years past. Congrats to those that got in. To those who are going to try again next year good luck and congrats for sticking with your goals and dreams!
PS I am not claiming anything is over it just seems pretty quiet on here. If there is anyone left still waiting there are still 2 months until school starts. There could still be movement.
PS I am not claiming anything is over it just seems pretty quiet on here. If there is anyone left still waiting there are still 2 months until school starts. There could still be movement.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K