You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Utah Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
alternate list, is
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list OOS, any idea how many kids got in off of the list last year?
What times did you all receive your alternate list emails? I'm wondering if they are done for the day. Anyone brave enough to call in and ask?
Have you still not heard anything?
I haven't.Have you still not heard anything?
+1i haven't.
I'm in the same boat as you, Alternate OOS, and I've got the same question. I've got a friend in the program I will ask.
Thanks, appreciate that
congrats! maybe this means there are more than just the 20 spots left that they're waiting for the governor to sign off on.ACCEPTED! OOS Just received the call this afternooon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any info on Alternate moving list?
Alright everyone I did some digging on last years thread and I found this even though it is a little big speculative.
"so far i know of ten on the wait list. I have heard that about 20 get placed on it. Last year 15 came off, the year before a bunch did too (not sure exact number) but it really just depends. Someone last year came off as late at the end of July... would have been super nice if they had increased the class size. Maybe next year they will be able to."
I also counted a fair amount off of last years thread, roughly 10, that were pulled off of the waitlist before the thread expired. I also think there is a deadline (May 15th) for those with acceptances to give a definitive answer on whether or not they are going to take their seat. I hope this makes anyone else out there feel a little bit better.
Alternate list, IS.
Did everyone else that got placed on the alternate list get a financial aid email along with it?
Did everyone else that got placed on the alternate list get a financial aid email along with it?
I got a financial aid email as well. Last year they sent it to everyone at the beginning of March before I got rejected. That really got everyone excited😀
Hi All-
I'm an MS1 at the U and I can confirm that there is movement every year off the WL. I dont have actual numbers but I know that there were a fair number of people off the WL that got accepted, IS and OOS. Stay positive and try to do other stuff, as impossible as it seems... Keeping your mind off it makes the time go by much faster.
Good luck, all!
I'm an MS1 at the U and I can confirm that there is movement every year off the WL. I dont have actual numbers but I know that there were a fair number of people off the WL that got accepted, IS and OOS. Stay positive and try to do other stuff, as impossible as it seems... Keeping your mind off it makes the time go by much faster.
Good luck, all!
What do you guys think of the theory that the wait list includes the 20 seats to be added once the mayor (if he ever will!) signs the bill into law? I mean according to AMCAS, they HAVE to let everyone know if they're accepted/wait listed/rejected by April 1st, and it doesn't seem like the mayor has signed the bill yet....
Was everyone notified of their alternate standing via email?
Yes, via email. My came at 2:00 PM though for some reason is said it was sent around 8 AM.
Unofficial SDN role call so far shows alternate lists as:
Utah--13
Idaho--2
OOS--3
Today's accpetances
OOS--1 (CONGRATS!!!)
People who have heard NOTHING--3
Yes, via email. My came at 2:00 PM though for some reason is said it was sent around 8 AM.
Unofficial SDN role call so far shows alternate lists as:
Utah--13
Idaho--2
OOS--3
Today's accpetances
OOS--1 (CONGRATS!!!)
People who have heard NOTHING--3
13+2+3+2 (of the three who said nothing) = 20...could it be?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think of the theory that the wait list includes the 20 seats to be added once the mayor (if he ever will!) signs the bill into law? I mean according to AMCAS, they HAVE to let everyone know if they're accepted/wait listed/rejected by April 1st, and it doesn't seem like the mayor has signed the bill yet....
Called today and was notified that the governor has signed and that the 20 seats have been given, and will not be given to people on the waitlist (unless, of course, those individuals decline the offer)
What do you guys think of the theory that the wait list includes the 20 seats to be added once the mayor (if he ever will!) signs the bill into law? I mean according to AMCAS, they HAVE to let everyone know if they're accepted/wait listed/rejected by April 1st, and it doesn't seem like the mayor has signed the bill yet....
The Governor's website does not indicate that any bills were signed today.
I'm not sure about the April 1 deadline.
I called and was told the bill was signed and those seats will start being offered out tomorrow. They also said they will not being going to anyone on the wait list.
Dang that was a good theory. We can only hope that there is some movement then. I know of one person that is on the fence about their offer but that isn't very promising. Good luck everyone.
dang that was a good theory. We can only hope that there is some movement then. I know of one person that is on the fence about their offer but that isn't very promising. Good luck everyone.
+1
OOS- Alternate list yesterday. Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
OOS-Accepted! Received phone call yesterday at 2:45 pm. Reapplicant.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those of you who've been accepted. Have you been given a date by which you need to confirm your attendance/make a deposit? That would help us wait listed to know when to possibly expect movement.
April 11th is the date they gave me. Im not sure if they have different dates for others.
to those of you who've been accepted. Have you been given a date by which you need to confirm your attendance/make a deposit? That would help us wait listed to know when to possibly expect movement.
+1
To those of you who've been accepted. Have you been given a date by which you need to confirm your attendance/make a deposit? That would help us wait listed to know when to possibly expect movement.
April 12th is the date they gave me.
Alternate list, IS. Rejection is sounding nice right now. It's so hard to make decisions while waiting in this limbo!
The waiting game is tough. If you've already been accepted to a school you are willing to attend, it's probably in your best interest to start making definite plans and stop stressing uncertainties by withdrawing your application. If nothing else, the peace of mind would be nice!
I got rejected by Utah, but it's comforting to not have to wonder if I'm going to get a call everyday. Maybe next year!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K