You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Everyone finishes at 3 p.m. As long as you have a plan for getting to the airport straight from the school, you'll be more than fine.
Has anyone who interviewed here have any trouble catching a 5:00pm flight out?
Thanks in advance for the info!
The final tour does finish at 3pm, but make sure you have a solid airport transportation lined up. I was signed up for a 3:15pm greyline shuttle to the airport, but it didn't pick me up until 3:45pm and with traffic we got to the airport at 4:30. Luckily I had no bags to check and there was no one in the security line, but it was still a little nerve-racking for my 5:15 flight.
Bottom line: You can probably do it, but take a cab to be safe.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Security is hit and miss in Nashville. I waited nearly an hour in line for mine. I took a 5:15 flight and was ok but that was mostly because I got the airport quickly.
Okay so it sounds like I should a cab to pick me up at 3:00pm. Well thank you all for taking the time to reply. I greatly appreciate it!
just dropping by to say i love vandy...parents are now looking for me for apartments in nashville!
just dropping by to say i love vandy...parents are now looking for me for apartments in nashville!
Yeah I have heard awesome things about Vanderbilt and also about Nashville. Since your parents are searching for apartments I take it that you have been accepted and this is your top choice?
Yeah I have heard awesome things about Vanderbilt and also about Nashville. Since your parents are searching for apartments I take it that you have been accepted and this is your top choice?
yep, it also helps i got 3/4 tuition scholarship. Im def. going there this fall.
yep, it also helps i got 3/4 tuition scholarship. Im def. going there this fall.
Congratulations! That's awesome. I am sure that you are going to have a great time there. How do their scholarships work? Is need or merit based?
Congratulations! That's awesome. I am sure that you are going to have a great time there. How do their scholarships work? Is need or merit based?
They do have some that are merit-based (75% tuition and a couple of full-tuition, separate scholarships). I believe that there are also need-based ones, but don't quote me! You can find a list somewhere in a pdf via google search.
granted that there are way less interviews this year, anyone have any predictions/know what the waitlist aka "active consideration" movement is going to be like this year?
granted that there are way less interviews this year, anyone have any predictions/know what the waitlist aka "active consideration" movement is going to be like this year?
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Vandy is still sending out iis? Haven't received an email or anything in the mail since I've both checkmarks appeared.
when did you get check marks? it takes about 3-5 weeks after getting them before you'll get an invite
when did you get check marks? it takes about 3-5 weeks after getting them before you'll get an invite
Sometime in late November.
It's been quite a while since anyone has mentioned an acceptance on here. Any clue when they'll send out the next round of acceptances/waitlists/rejections?
Does anyone know if Vandy is still sending out iis? Haven't received an email or anything in the mail since I've both checkmarks appeared.
Last day for interviews is February 1st.
Last day for interviews is February 1st.
Sadness and sorrow. I really like Vanderbilt. I got my checkmarks late November as well and haven't heard a thing.
Last day for interviews is February 1st.
Sadness. I was hoping to stay in Nashville for another 4 years
it's been quite a while since anyone has mentioned an acceptance on here. Any clue when they'll send out the next round of acceptances/waitlists/rejections?
+1
ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 12/10. So Utterly Excited!!!! 😀
!!They need you for their quidditch team! Congrats!ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 12/10. So Utterly Excited!!!! 😀
Last edited:
ACCEPTED!! Interviewed 12/10. So Utterly Excited!!!! 😀
If you don't mind sharing, when did you hear back?
I interviewed on 12/10 as well. Thought the interviews went well, but now I'm pretty worried.
yep, it also helps i got 3/4 tuition scholarship. Im def. going there this fall.
How long after getting accepted did you find out about the scholarship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted via voicemail🙂. I: 12/10.
Congrats all! Hopefully I'll be seeing most of you at second look!
Last edited:
D
deleted503015
anyone know if there's a facebook group? (also interviewed 12/10, accepted this weekend)
Is it possible to check the status of your application online? I interviewed in early December and have yet to hear anything back.
Last edited:
anyone know if there's a facebook group? (also interviewed 12/10, accepted this weekend)
Don't think there is yet. Maybe we'll hear about second look weekend/the FB group soon!
accepted. interviewed in early jan.
accepted. interviewed in early jan.
did you just get the call today?
accepted. interviewed in early jan.
Congrats! That's awesome!
Congrats!!accepted. interviewed in early jan.
did you just get the call today?
+1 I thought they only called on weekends
Sent from my ADR6300 using SDN Mobile
did you just get the call today?
no, jan 20
For those interested in MSTP, check this out: http://wpln.org/?p=44841
accepted. interviewed in early jan.
Same. Accepted via voicemail a couple days ago. Interviewed in Jan. Good luck to those waiting. Hang in there!
Last edited:
+1 I thought they only called on weekends
Sent from my ADR6300 using SDN Mobile
Congrats to all those recently accepted! I interviewed in early December and the waiting is killing me. Has anyone who has been accepted been called on a weekday? Or is it only on weekends?
Congrats to other accepted folks! I've been on Cloud 9 last few days. Yet to receive the packet in the mail. There's nothing else to do until you receive the packet right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all those recently accepted! I interviewed in early December and the waiting is killing me. Has anyone who has been accepted been called on a weekday? Or is it only on weekends?
Pretty sure Nov acceptances found out on a weekday, but I could be wrong.
Edit: Yup, Nov 14th, which was a Wednesday
Last edited:
Hopefully more calls will go out this coming weekend!Congrats to all those recently accepted! I interviewed in early December and the waiting is killing me. Has anyone who has been accepted been called on a weekday? Or is it only on weekends?
Hopefully more calls will go out this coming weekend!
Oh I wish...
Last day for interviews is February 1st.
Basically, if we haven't gotten an invite by now, we're not getting one? Is this confirmed? Really wanted a chance to stay in Nashville...I'm bummed.
Basically, if we haven't gotten an invite by now, we're not getting one? Is this confirmed? Really wanted a chance to stay in Nashville...I'm bummed.
That's what I'm assuming. I'm not sure though, but I know they did tell me that feb 1st is their last day for interviewing
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K