2012-2013 Vanderbilt University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone!

I interviewed on Jan 29th- I can't believe I got a decision so quickly.
First off, congratulations, that is so so so awesome.

And that is crazy that you heard back that soon. I interviewed a few days before you, but nothing yet. Hopefully not a bad sign (for me).

Anyone else hear back from the January 25th interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks everyone!

I interviewed on Jan 29th- I can't believe I got a decision so quickly.

That sinking feeling when someone who interviewed after you gets accepted while you haven't heard a word...

But congratulations!!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the call last night! Interviewed on 1/15. Super excited

Last edited:
That sinking feeling when someone who interviewed after you gets accepted while you haven't heard a word...

But congratulations!!!!! :)

+1 does anyone know if sending an LOI to Vandy is a good idea? Anyone do that? I absolutely love this school and am dying to hear back from them! Interviewed 1/14

I was the 25th.

For everyone before the person who got in dont freak out yet, it all depends on how quickly your interviewer got his or her report in to the committee

That's what I keep telling myself =) I was the 22nd btw

Also no guarantee 1 post people - whose only post is their acceptance to a competitive school - are being honest :p

Good luck everyone! Hope everyone gets some good news :)

Also no guarantee 1 post people - whose only post is their acceptance to a competitive school - are being honest :p

Good luck everyone! Hope everyone gets some good news :)

Unfortunately (or fortunately for him/her), the poster wasn't lying. I know of other(s) who got the call yesterday!

Congrats everyone who got the call of acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dean Zic calls Saturdays and Sundays right? or is it only on Sundays?

I heard on a Friday, but it looks like it's shifted to the weekend. Don't be sitting next to your phone, if you get a call you get a call! Relax!!!! :oops:

I am pretty sure I got called on a Thursday. I don't remember exactly but I was eating KBBQ, so must have been Thursday. :laugh:

Good luck!!! :luck::luck:

I am pretty sure I got called on a Thursday. I don't remember exactly but I was eating KBBQ, so must have been Thursday. :laugh:

Good luck!!! :luck::luck:

:p It was a Wednesday!

Last edited:
I heard on a Friday, but it looks like it's shifted to the weekend. Don't be sitting next to your phone, if you get a call you get a call! Relax!!!! :oops:

hahaha it's my birthday weekend so I definitely won't be sitting by the phone

I received a call on Monday exactly two weeks post-interview. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sunday but I could be mistaken.

Calls are for people they actually think will attend :p

ooooor you got a lazy student in charge of your app.

anyone know if vanderbilt covers flight costs for second look? there are some schools that give a stipend, but not hotel accommodation, but since vanderbilt provides lodging, i'm guessing it doesn't subsidize flight costs?

anyone know if vanderbilt covers flight costs for second look? there are some schools that give a stipend, but not hotel accommodation, but since vanderbilt provides lodging, i'm guessing it doesn't subsidize flight costs?

Historically, flight costs have only been covered for MSTP candidates.

Does anyone know the policy of spouses and second look? I would like to bring my wife since this is kind of going to be a big part of her life too.

So i interviewed here (Jan 14th) 2 weeks before my twin brother, and he was accepted 8 days ago. I still havn't heard back at all. We have essentially the same exact applications except he has a 3.9/38 and I have a 3.8/41 and we had different recommendations. Should I be worried since he interviewed after me? I hope they have some sort of compassion for identical twins haha

So i interviewed here (Jan 14th) 2 weeks before my twin brother, and he was accepted 8 days ago. I still havn't heard back at all. We have essentially the same exact applications except he has a 3.9/38 and I have a 3.8/41 and we had different recommendations. Should I be worried since he interviewed after me? I hope they have some sort of compassion for identical twins haha

Simply assume his identity if you don't make it ;-)

I interviewed the same day as you and haven't heard anything either...Starting to get a little anxious since lots of people who interviewed after our day have gotten acceptances. Does that imply we are waitlisted? Or is no news good news? I haven't even got that infamous "hold status" email.

I keep holding out hope that it's just some sort of thing with our interviewers turning in their reviews of us later than others :/

There were a pair of identical twins at second look last year.

I got a call from Nashville (615) about 2 or so hours ago... pretty sure it was a telemarketer. Any ideas?

Dr. Zic typically leaves a voicemail if it is an acceptance call! The person who calls for scholarships also leaves a message, but I think those calls are generally during business hours.

Wooo! Got the call this evening! Unfortunately I was in the middle of tissue culture and couldn't answer.

Good luck to everyone and hang in there to all those waiting to hear back!

Any idea as to when the first day of school/orientation might start? mid-July?

I was hoping to squeeze in 8 weeks of research this summer...

I was just checking this on the website.. they don't have 2013's academic calendar up yet, but last year's class started orientation on July 19.

Does anybody know how much waitlist movement tends to happen/ how much of the class is from waitlist movement?

I was just checking this on the website.. they don't have 2013's academic calendar up yet, but last year's class started orientation on July 19.

I think I found it! https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/registrar/vms-i-academic-calendar#13-14

Orientation starts on July 17. White coat ceremony on July 26, 2013. Summer break begins on July 26, 2014 after just over 1 full year of classes. Long first year :p

Does anyone know when the last couple interview days should expect to hear back? I think its like 2 weeks from now but just wanted to check because I would love to hear sooner.

Does anyone know when the last couple interview days should expect to hear back? I think its like 2 weeks from now but just wanted to check because I would love to hear sooner.

A friend of mine had his interview something like 4 months ago and still hasn't heard a peep, but I would hope that they'd let everyone know in the next week or two.

A friend of mine had his interview something like 4 months ago and still hasn't heard a peep, but I would hope that they'd let everyone know in the next week or two.

Did your friend get the "on hold" status email?

Status
Not open for further replies.