2013-2014 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread

Started by sector9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
second day of classes here now as an ms1 and its already very obvious; . once you get to this point ( between orientations, white coat ceremony, the drunkin/informative blur of a retreat, and all the ms2/faculty support) you will have no doubt in your mind that this was the best decision you could have made. Its truely family here.

GL everyone and stay optomistic. interviews are all late and come in batches. the turnaround time is never relevent early on as they dont send out anything for practically the whole summer.
 
Last edited:
I was transmitted 8/9 and got a receipt email 8/15. Anyone know the average turnaround time here? I'm assuming I probably won't hear anything until October if I hear anything at all.
 
Wait when you got the receipt email, was it saying that your application is currently under review? Or did it say that they just received it? This is really strange that they took so long on mine and a quarter of the time on yours 😛
 
Wait when you got the receipt email, was it saying that your application is currently under review? Or did it say that they just received it? This is really strange that they took so long on mine and a quarter of the time on yours 😛

I've only gotten one from them.

"Hello phys2med,

Your application has been received for the 2013-2014 interview season. As of today, the status of your application is UNDER REVIEW. Please DO NOT contact our office to check the status of your application. We will contact you by email with any status change. Please make sure TMDSAS has your updated email address...."
 
Don't worry if you haven't heard yet!! I think they have only sent out the first batch of interviews, and last year we interviewed into january. Also this year they will be doing a few weeks with interviews on wednesday as well as friday, so there will be plenty of spots!
 
Don't worry if you haven't heard yet!! I think they have only sent out the first batch of interviews, and last year we interviewed into january. Also this year they will be doing a few weeks with interviews on wednesday as well as friday, so there will be plenty of spots!

Excellent, I prefer Wednesday interviews because I teach on Fridays :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A relaxed interview day. 2 interviews mainly just trying to get to know who you are. No hard questions. Fajitas and chocolate cake for lunch. A tour of the largest medical center of the world.

Thank you! Ill try to stay calm... This is my first interview :scared::scared::scared:
 
A relaxed interview day. 2 interviews mainly just trying to get to know who you are. No hard questions. Fajitas and chocolate cake for lunch. A tour of the largest medical center of the world.

Chocolate cake?.. Now I really want to interview here
 
Did anyone else just get an email?


"Please return to the site and log in using the following information."
 
I'm excited to see the first group of interviewees this Friday! Try not to be too nervous about it, it really is a relatively low-stress interview day. Best of luck to all of you and if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to help as much as I can. :luck:
 
see all the spiffy new interviewees around - good luck everyone and relax. To everyone else, hope to see you soon as well.
 
So frustrated! I've received II at the other TX publics but have not heard from Houston. I really want an II here! What's the likelihood they're going to send out many more?
 
So frustrated! I've received II at the other TX publics but have not heard from Houston. I really want an II here! What's the likelihood they're going to send out many more?
100% 🙂 They just started sending out IIs, and they are later than the other TX schools. If you have received IIs from the other public TX schools, I think there is a very good chance you will get one from UT Houston.
 
So frustrated! I've received II at the other TX publics but have not heard from Houston. I really want an II here! What's the likelihood they're going to send out many more?

I was under the impression they haven't sent out many at all so far. Today was the first interview day after all. From reading this thread it seems like they've only looked at may-july so far and there's plenty of time left.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing your stats please?

IS nontrad, 3.6+gpa, 34 mcat. Submitted TMDSAS app the morning it opened and received UT Houston complete email in late July. So excited to interview here!
 
Last edited: